The Now Riviera Cancun

• Please log in to reply
2366 replies to this topic

#1141 RocknRobin04

RocknRobin04
  • Banned
  • 107 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 08:24 PM

i with you, Lisa! I am not able to host multiple events for my guests. I'd love to, but unfortuneatly its not in my budget :(

I am looking forward to hear how you private event at the buffett goes. That might be the route I take for the Welcome Dinner/Rehearsal Dinner.

#1142 hammy0426

hammy0426
    • 85 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 09:02 PM

thanks, I will check him out

Originally Posted by jystar13 

we booked gonzalo nunez for our wedding in february, he takes amazing pictures and his pricing is great, he is very nice and very easy to get in touch with and quick to respond, you can read more about him here:

Carly, thanks so much for sending the pdf tome -super helpful!

Does anyone have any recommendations for a photographer?  I already confirmed with Ivan Luckie that he is booked for my date  :  (

#1143 hammy0426

hammy0426
      • 85 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by lisadias 

Oh that sucks Meg! When is your wedding again? Sasha Gluck looks good but I sent an email, he responded with the pricing and then I sent two more emails after that and never heard back so I can really rave about him but the pictures look nice. Did you ask Ivan for any recommendation cause I know he has some photographer friends?

Lisa, Ivan Luckie did give me a another name but I did not like his recommendations work.  I like Sasha's work too but not thrilled if you did not get responses -not a good sign.  I will keep looking.  thanks for the help.  btw, wedding is 2/21/11

#1144 primavera

primavera
        • 428 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 11:23 AM

We will probably have a welcome dinner in the buffet restaurant. No rehearsal dinner for us, not sure we will have a wedding party at all and it is not Swedish custom to do a rehearsal.

April 29, 2011 - Now Jade Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa

#1145 SKing24

SKing24
          • 265 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 12:46 PM

Well I just got bad news from Ana this week.  Our wedding is May 6th, so most of our guests/wedding party are coming the 5th through the 8th or the 9th.  Well since the 5th is cinco de mayo, Ana is not working the holiday, so we can not do a rehearsal.  And our guests already booked and we cant ask them to come earlier and pay extra days.  So i guess no rehearsal for us :(

I am hoping the resort is doing some kind of celebration for cinco de mayo though so at least we can have some entertainment.

Attached Files

Erin & Shane ~ Now Jade Riviera Cancun ~ May 6, 2011

#1146 june11bride

june11bride
            • 304 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 01:33 PM

We weren't planning on having a rehearsal ourselves...just a welcome dinner (which you do not need the wedding coordinator for). My friend who go married in the Riviera Maya did not have a rehearsal and it all went very smoothly...the wc just told everyone when to go and what to do and it worked out just fine.

Happily married on June 11th 2011 to the best husband in the world!

#1147 snl2011

snl2011
              • 67 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 01:50 PM

Thanks for the feedback ladies!  I'm leaning towards combining the two events....but I do still have 8 months to change my mind :)

#1148 hammy0426

hammy0426
                • 85 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 09:57 PM

Can anyone email me the Wedding Packet/Brochure that has been talked about?  email me at hammy0426@yahoo.com

Thanks,

Meg

#1149 primavera

primavera
                  • 428 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 09:55 AM

Erin, that sounds really weird. My first date was May 5th (I changed it to the 4th later) and there were already another wedding that day. So if she is not there than Pilar has to be there. However, we are not doing the rehearsal either just a welcome dinner, and we will be there to celebrate Cinco de Mayo with you :)

April 29, 2011 - Now Jade Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa

#1150 RocknRobin04

RocknRobin04
                    • Banned
                    • 107 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 12:31 PM

Hey Now Brides!

Any of you had any experience with 'Sparklers' at the Now Jade resort?!?! I know I can not bring them with me or transport any into Mexico, but was curious if any of you had found some in Mexico or coordinated them with your WC? Interested in what you might have paid.

THANKS!

Robin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users