Hello to everyone on this thread! I've been reading through the recent pages and am excited to potentially be a part of the conversations...
We're looking at early October 2011 (ideally 10/1/11) for our wedding date and NOW Sapphire and NOW Jade are our top 2 venue choices (also in the running are Azul Sensatori, Dreams Riviera and La Reve). We're planning a trip to see all 5 in November; hopefully we'll lock in a date while we're there. I've sent an email for additional information to the email on the NOW website. In the meantime, I was hoping to get your feedback on a couple things:

1. Has anyone been to the RM in early October? What's the weather like? I see a lot of Spring brides, we just can't pull off something that soon I don't think

2. What is your opinion on the differences b/t Sapphire and Jade? It's hard to really know much from the website...

3. Is anyone else planning a wedding for a large group (maybe 80+)? What ceremony and reception areas would work for that? I'd rather NOT a beach ceremony...

4. Does anyone feel comfortable sharing what your group room rate is? That's going to be a major decision factor in where we choose on having the wedding. Already, 95% of our guests will be flying from California.

Thank you in advance!!!

Also, I am going with the Divine Package. We figured we'd try to get the most out of all of this! cheesy.gif So I'm hoping everything turns out ok! We already have 9 people booked! Yay!

All I know is Pilar sent him a message on my behalf and he responded the next day telling me to check out his website and then I emailed him back a detailed email on August 24th and haven't heard back yet! His name is Miguel Angel Nunez and his email is

His website is  www.oscarvideo.com.mx 

I am going to try resending the email to him and pilar and see where I get! Don't know anything about the photographer though except i remember seeing pictures in the beginning of my research and wanted more so I booked with Ivan.

Originally Posted by Jessiphi View Post

I we are just going to use the photographer and videographer at the resort. Does anyone know anything about them!?

My dad and I did a spur of the moment "site visit" and got into Mexico at about noon yesterday.  For those of you who haven't been down here, the resort is absolutely gorgeous, impeccably clean, and really is paradise.  The weather was beautiful yesterday so we walked around and went to the preferred pool for a few hours.  We had dinner at PURE last night, food was pretty good but service was not great.  My dad was joking that he is going to buy Rosetta Stone before we come down for my wedding because our waiter did not speak one word of english and we speak no spanish so it was quite a challenge.  The breakfast buffet was sooooo good this morning.  It has been pouring since about midnight last night.  I don't really mins since I'm mostly here to do wedding stuff, but hopefully it clears up so we can check out the other pool and beach this afternoon!

I'm meeting with Ana today to check out locations for my ceremony/reception, which is what I'm most nervous about and why I really wanted to come down.  I also have a huge list of questions to ask her, and I've been reading the forums every day so I'll try to ask as many questions as I can while I'm down here.  We are only staying until tomorrow, so literally 48 hours, but I'm going to try to see/taste as much as I can while I'm down here. I'll definitely update you guys and write a real review when I get back home.

Thanks so much Sara for taking the time out during your visit to update us. I hope all goes well for you and you find the perfect location for all the wedding events! That's no good if the servers cannot speak english! I hope they can answer all your questions and I am sure you will be a Now Master Agent once you return lol :) Enjoy the rest of your trip and I look forward to hearing your review!

Originally Posted by saraandjon View Post

My dad and I did a spur of the moment "site visit" and got into Mexico at about noon yesterday.  For those of you who haven't been down here, the resort is absolutely gorgeous, impeccably clean, and really is paradise.  The weather was beautiful yesterday so we walked around and went to the preferred pool for a few hours.  We had dinner at PURE last night, food was pretty good but service was not great.  My dad was joking that he is going to buy Rosetta Stone before we come down for my wedding because our waiter did not speak one word of english and we speak no spanish so it was quite a challenge.  The breakfast buffet was sooooo good this morning.  It has been pouring since about midnight last night.  I don't really mins since I'm mostly here to do wedding stuff, but hopefully it clears up so we can check out the other pool and beach this afternoon!

I'm meeting with Ana today to check out locations for my ceremony/reception, which is what I'm most nervous about and why I really wanted to come down.  I also have a huge list of questions to ask her, and I've been reading the forums every day so I'll try to ask as many questions as I can while I'm down here.  We are only staying until tomorrow, so literally 48 hours, but I'm going to try to see/taste as much as I can while I'm down here. I'll definitely update you guys and write a real review when I get back home.

WOW! Sara this is great! Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know all these things. I know we all wish we could do a site visit before our big day but we're glad that you were able to and can inform us. 

Thanks! Have a great time!! :)

Originally Posted by saraandjon View Post