Jump to content

Photo

Bose sound dock loud enough


  • Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 md2002

md2002
  • Newbie
  • 79 posts

    Posted 08 April 2010 - 12:54 PM

    Has anyone here used a Bose Sound dock on the beach for their ceremony? I have heard some people talk about it but I'm wondering if that was loud enough of if I should get a PA system. I have the Sound Dock and was planning on using it.

    #2 DWbridetobe

    DWbridetobe
    • Member
    • 914 posts

      Posted 08 April 2010 - 01:07 PM

      I'd be interested in hearing the responses to this as well. We're most likely going to play music off of our iPods, and purchase a sound dock for it...!

      #3 md2002

      md2002
      • Newbie
      • 79 posts

        Posted 08 April 2010 - 01:15 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by DWbridetobe
        I'd be interested in hearing the responses to this as well. We're most likely going to play music off of our iPods, and purchase a sound dock for it...!
        I can tell you I work for Bose, and the Sound Dock is LOUD - REAL LOUD!! We are getting married on the beach though.. I'm not sure if the sound of the beach, wind and other things will drown it out? We also have about 46 people at the ceremony and my FI will be starting her walk about 50 feet away. I'm not sure if she or everyone else would be able to hear it.

        I know if I play it in my yard I can hear it at my next doors neighbors house clear as day. The issue is I love the songs we chose, and I want to be sure everyone can hear them.

        #4 lovelytlc

        lovelytlc
        • Jr. Member
        • 192 posts

          Posted 14 April 2010 - 10:35 PM

          yeah i would like to know if anyone has used it for their wedding. I am thinking about buying it this weekend to use at my birthday party and then use for the wedding.
          How do you charge the sound dock?

          #5 md2002

          md2002
          • Newbie
          • 79 posts

            Posted 15 April 2010 - 10:22 AM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by lovelytlc
            yeah i would like to know if anyone has used it for their wedding. I am thinking about buying it this weekend to use at my birthday party and then use for the wedding.
            How do you charge the sound dock?
            You just plug it into the wall... it charges your Ipod as well

            #6 barbiegirl_27

            barbiegirl_27
            • Member
            • 946 posts

              Posted 15 April 2010 - 10:26 AM

              I'm so glad someone posed this question, I'm thinking of having my reception poolside, and to save some money thought about using speakers for the ipod rather than renting the sound system from the resort. Would be interested to know if people have done this!

              #7 md2002

              md2002
              • Newbie
              • 79 posts

                Posted 15 April 2010 - 11:36 AM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by barbiegirl_27
                I'm so glad someone posed this question, I'm thinking of having my reception poolside, and to save some money thought about using speakers for the ipod rather than renting the sound system from the resort. Would be interested to know if people have done this!
                The Sound Dock pool side should be OK. My worry is I will be on the beach for my ceremony. The beach has a lot of noise around it so I'm not sure if it will get drowned out.

                The Sound Dock is VERY loud. If there is a Bose store in your area you should go check it out. Of course the best way to know is to ask someone who has done this but no one is responding :)

                #8 dolfinluck

                dolfinluck
                • Sr. Member
                • 2,424 posts

                  Posted 15 April 2010 - 11:38 AM

                  I plan on buying it for my wedding next month so I'll let you know when we get back. Going to be using it at the Gazebo for the ceremony and for the reception on the beach.

                  #9 barbiegirl_27

                  barbiegirl_27
                  • Member
                  • 946 posts

                    Posted 15 April 2010 - 11:47 AM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by dolfinluck
                    I plan on buying it for my wedding next month so I'll let you know when we get back. Going to be using it at the Gazebo for the ceremony and for the reception on the beach.
                    Awesome! Your feedback would be greatly appreciated!
                    My brother has a dock, plus we both have the travel speakers.....they both get quite large but hard to judge when you don't know what it's going to be like around.

                    I was thinking of getting the sound system for the ceremony b/c it comes with a mic, and i've read that people aren't able to hear your vows without the mic when the ceremony is on the beach!

                    #10 md2002

                    md2002
                    • Newbie
                    • 79 posts

                      Posted 15 April 2010 - 03:12 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by dolfinluck
                      I plan on buying it for my wedding next month so I'll let you know when we get back. Going to be using it at the Gazebo for the ceremony and for the reception on the beach.
                      Thanks, but too late... getting married Wednesday




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users