Photo

Canadian Brides getting married in Mexico!

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#41 barbiegirl_27

barbiegirl_27
  • 946 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 01:05 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by abbie32
    I'm still waiting to get some quotes from my TA but we're hoping it will be $1500 or less for our guests. We will probably have a fairly larger group of people going to our wedding so I'm hoping we will get some good discounts. I just want to book something now!! haha
    Lol I know the feeling! I'm dying to have everything booked, and then I can stop thinking about it, but we're still hoping the prices drop a little more! I won't start worrying until Sept i've told myself!

Hope you're able to get around that price! That's what we were hoping for too! Fingers crossed!!

:)
    Anita

#42 murmel

murmel
    • Resort/Area Ambassadors
    • 1,407 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 24, 2011
    • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori Mayan Riveria

Posted 13 July 2010 - 11:41 AM

We choose a resort (Azul Sensatori, Mayan Riviera) and keep getting our TA to get updated prices until we were happy. The TA we choose deals only with destination weddings (Weddings By Oceans) and has also managed to get us a number of 'upgrades', 20% off our reception costs, free cocktail party. We have done some group rates for Toronto and Ottawa guests (and had to pay a deposit for these). And our TA managed to arrange a great land only rate (ie all inclusive Hotel) for those guests that are flying in from other locations. So most of our guests will be between $1500-$1800. And we have guests coming from Edmonton, Saskatoon, Yellowknife, Toronto, Ottawa, Halifax, Moncton and a couple from the US.

Good luck everyone! I know this was the most difficult part for us...and now the waiting for people to book is killing me :P

Married my best friend on January 24, 2011 at Azul Sensatori! :wub:

Ambassador for Azul Sensatori and Karisma resorts

Official Azul Sensatori thread:

http://www.bestdesti... azul sensatori

Recommended Travel agency: Wright Travel

http://www.wrighttravelagency.com/

#43 abbie32

abbie32
    • 89 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 05:15 AM

I just want to book my trip now but I don't feel like I'm getting the best price. I'm cheating on my TA and asked another one to give me prices and quotes!  The one with the best price wins! haha  Just kidding!

Barbie girl....keep me posted on how you are doing with your booking since I think we have very similar prices and I'll do the same. 

I hope we can all get prices we're happy with. I think we will. :-)

#44 barbiegirl_27

barbiegirl_27
      • 946 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 05:40 AM

Thanks Abbie! That would be great! I check prices every single day....is that a bit obsessive??

We've got 3 different agents working on group pricing for us at the moment...hee hee. Unfortunately none of the group pricing has been worth it.

I did notice last night the itravel2000.com have their price drop guarantee up and the let it snow promotion. It could work out in your favour to book soon-ish and then keep an eye on the prices. I think the price drop guarantee is for up to $300 per adult. I'm really trying hard to wait and see if anything drops in September!

#45 abbie32

abbie32
        • 89 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 07:13 AM

Haha...I'm glad I'm not the only that is obsessive and cheating on their TA.  This new TA seems to be on the ball and knows her stuff. She is calling around as I type trying to get me the best possible group rate and fast! I might just love this woman. HAHAHA

#46 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
          • 1,917 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 11:38 AM

I usually check the prices daily, from at least three different departure locations.  And I know some of my guests are doing the same!

#47 cookiemunchkin

cookiemunchkin
            • 376 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 01:24 PM

Even though we have a group rate and people have started to book through it, I still find myself searching for deals every day lol.  Its an obsessive need to know that the price isn't getting any lower, I guess.  And its been working!  It seems like the price is going up by the day, and our wedding is still 6 months away!

#48 dreamsmaybride

dreamsmaybride
              • 168 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 04:28 PM

Hi Everyone!

We've booked Dreams Punta Cana in May 2011 & have been quoted $1480 & $1515 taxes in by 2 seperate TA's, yes I'm a cheater as well :).  I'm stalling with my official booking (we have 30 days) as Expedia has pricing as low as $1200 all in with the exception of airport transfers.  That's a great price but might turn into a nightmare having everyone book their own travel.  Oh, what to do...

#49 janette34

janette34
                • 417 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 03:36 PM

I booked the Grand Sirenis in April of this year for our wedding next April.  My aunt is a TA and she got us an amazing deal $1359 taxes in leaving from Halifax from April 20 to the 27.  I figured we would be looking at between $1500 to $1800 by booking that early.  We also get a one time price reduction if the price goes down prior to our departure.

#50 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
                  • 3,074 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 07:55 AM

Glad to see it coming together Janette. Happy planning.

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                                        100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users