Photo

Questions about preparing a plannig thread, ahead of time :)

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Diva

Diva
  • 682 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 10:53 AM

This may not be the right place to post this, so please feel free to move the thread if it is not…

I read the sticky on planning threads and I noticed that we are to put them up only one to two weeks before our big day. I also looked at a lot of bride’s threads and saw they had TONS of pictures and information which is fantastic!

My point is, I do not think I will have the time to do this within the month before the wedding, but I do want to post one when it is my time! I started a Word document chronicle of my planning, but how do I post it on here when it is time?

I am still figuring out how to use this site, and I still cannot figure out how to post pictures within a post. Can someone assist?

Thanks!

#2 mnh1983

mnh1983
    • 743 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 12:16 PM

To post pics within a post, you can use a site like photobucket. Here's the thread about posting pics:

http://bestdestinati....ok-here-16832/

#3 boscobel

boscobel
      • VIP Member
      • 24,213 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 12:18 PM

I did it in word and I had it all written out with all the photobucket codes in there already since I uploaded my photos as I went. Then when I was ready to post, I just copy and pasted them all in! Easy peasy.

#4 Diva

Diva
        • 682 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 12:42 PM

Thanks Carly!!!!!! I alsready started mine last night and was like "how am I going to get this on the site next March after all my hard work?" I was wondering about this, u r awesome :)

#5 DWbridetobe

DWbridetobe
          • 914 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 07:37 PM

I second what Carly said. I'm putting everything in a Word file, and putting all thep ictures in my photobucket account. It's really helpful when I need to show family something as well, since it's all online already. Good luck with it all!

#6 jk1101

jk1101
            • 2,582 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 03:13 PM

i did the same thing - Started as a word doc with all of the photobucket codes and links - then just pasted the whole thing by section into the thread - much easier than trying to create it all at one time! Stems from being an English major and Outlining all my papers before writing them!

#7 boscobel

boscobel
              • VIP Member
              • 24,213 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 03:16 PM

Oh another note on this - group your document into 10 photos so you know when to start a new post. Since each posting can only have 10, I had mine broken into post #1, post #2, etc. That way, it was even easier when the time came to start my thread.

#8 Diva

Diva
                • 682 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 03:40 PM

NICE!!! Thanks, Because I totally was not doing that :)

#9 Mere

Mere
                  • 729 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 07:02 PM

My planning thread is my wedding website-I add to it as I purchase something. That is how I am doing mine.

#10 vdaybride

vdaybride
                    • 1,412 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 07:14 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Mere
                      My planning thread is my wedding website-I add to it as I purchase something. That is how I am doing mine.
                      I love the website, but I wouldn't want all of my guest to know EVERYthing in advance. I like the element of surprise lol
                      Married 2-14-2010 Dreams, Los Cabos

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users