Photo

April 2011 Brides

• Please log in to reply
6539 replies to this topic

#6501 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 07:28 AM

Lua, that sounds awesome and delicious. Just reading your list made me hungry for lunch.

I sent our menu choices and set up requests to for our AHR. Now let's just see what they send back for pricing out my change requests.

#6502 lsmith211

lsmith211
    • 168 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 08:49 AM

Lua - I use MP3 Rocket - it's free downloads directly from youtube.  I've always had good luck finding original/studio versions of songs on there.....

#6503 Lua

Lua
      • 1,231 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by lsmith211 

Lua - I use MP3 Rocket - it's free downloads directly from youtube.  I've always had good luck finding original/studio versions of songs on there.....

thank you! thank you!! i'll give that a shot tonight.

#6504 lesee

lesee
        • 320 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 09:49 AM

LUA...Can I come???? wow....the thought of home made perogies and cabbage rolls is making me SO hungry

#6505 deannamarie85

deannamarie85
          • 447 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Ellabaja1983 

I forgot to mention...  We were having such a situation with finding a (reasonably priced) DJ or a better way for our iPod.  Well, hubby talked to our neighbors who do karaoking once a month at a place near by so he asked if they might allow us to use their equipment.  Well, they came back with a better offer!!!  They offered, as our wedding gift, to do the DJing for free, and bring along their karaoking equipment in case we wanted to do that too!!!  SO excited!!!!  They said we can still do our own play list if we want, and just set it up on their computer!!!  YAY!!!!

That's great! We were having the same stress(and our AHR is on July 2nd!) about a DJ. I really didn't want to worry about finding all the songs and uploading them myself. We found a local dj who will do all the setup, DJ and MC the whole night for $450 instead of the regular $650. Does that seem resonable? we just really want people dancing all night! :)

#6506 Ellabaja1983

Ellabaja1983
            • 1,541 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Lua 

OH there will be desserts galore!! lol

We're doing a cupcake table that will be covered in dark chocolate devils food cupcakes frosted in turquoise and white vanilla butterream (to carry our turquoise colour into the AHR).  My mom so graciously volunteered to make the cupcakes this week so they'll be ready for me to frost Saturday morning with my vanilla buttercream.  I got a pretty kick ass turquoise stand from Home Sense last week that will be the 'main' cupcake stand and I've also gotten 2 different cake stands from the moms then 2 stainless platters (found at value village) so we'll have the cupcakes displayed on all different levels. Oh and my mom is making the cakes in silver papers.  ... can you tell I'm excited about this part of the AHR?? lol  my mom also thought candy would be a cute touch so we got an equal amount of every blue candy we could find at Bulk Barn lol.  My mom already has a nice big clear jar, so we're going to put all the candy in the one jar.  I found turquoise tongs at the dollar store for people to use to get the candy out.  My mom also got some white peppermints and chocolate covered cranberries that will also be on the cupcake table. LOL she's having a ball getting all of this stuff.

And that's not it... there will also be an actual dessert table covered in various bite sized polish desserts. Not sure what they all are, but i know cheesecake is included so i'm happy. ;)

As for the rest of the menu, we have...

garden salad

steamed baby carrots

mixed veggies (broccoli/cauliflower and i think more carrots)

roasted potatoes

pierogi

cabbage rolls

pork kabobs

chicken breast

All made by little Polish grandmas lol.

honestly there's not going to be any lack of food at this thing. We'll be rolling our guests out at the end of the night.

I'm glad you are enjoying the dessert table part of it!!!  You deserve to enjoy some part of it after all the problems from MIL!!!  Everything sounds so good, I'm with Lesee, can I come?!?! 

I hope you have good luck with the music suggestion lsmith made!  We got all of ours from either our personal library or from a friends husband who got all of them for us.  Not sure how he got them...but he got them!

Married the love of my life in April!!

#6507 Ellabaja1983

Ellabaja1983
              • 1,541 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by deannamarie85 

That's great! We were having the same stress(and our AHR is on July 2nd!) about a DJ. I really didn't want to worry about finding all the songs and uploading them myself. We found a local dj who will do all the setup, DJ and MC the whole night for $450 instead of the regular $650. Does that seem resonable? we just really want people dancing all night! :)

I absolutely thing that is reasonable!!  I think that's a really good price...but then again, the pricing here is insane!  The first DJ we inquired with gave us a quote of $1,450 for 6 hours...and that was with a discount because hubby knows the guy!!!!  That's when I told hubby that we weren't going that way, we'd find SOME other way to do it, even if we had to do our iPod again!

#6508 deannamarie85

deannamarie85
                • 447 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Ellabaja1983 

I absolutely thing that is reasonable!!  I think that's a really good price...but then again, the pricing here is insane!  The first DJ we inquired with gave us a quote of $1,450 for 6 hours...and that was with a discount because hubby knows the guy!!!!  That's when I told hubby that we weren't going that way, we'd find SOME other way to do it, even if we had to do our iPod again!

WOW! That is a high quote! I feel a lot better about my price now! lol I am continually shocked at how expensive wedding vendors are. it's crazy! Congrats on scoring that great deal with your neighbor!

#6509 Ellabaja1983

Ellabaja1983
                  • 1,541 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by deannamarie85 

WOW! That is a high quote! I feel a lot better about my price now! lol I am continually shocked at how expensive wedding vendors are. it's crazy! Congrats on scoring that great deal with your neighbor!

It totally stinks here in VT because our state is seen as a "destination wedding" site for so many of the "rich kids" from MA, CT, and RI.  The prices here are pretty expensive for most everything wedding related because the vendors know that they can get the people from out of state who are willing to spend the $$.  Another reason why we did our DW in Mexico... We easily saved over $10K.

#6510 Lua

Lua
                    • 1,231 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 05:22 AM

well i'm happy to say that i purchased all of the flowers last night for our AH (the blue and white on the left are my leftover silk ones from my bouquet) --- total cost: $33! :)

dsc03972.jpg?w=500&h=375

These are going to be floating in vases with shells in the bottom as part of the centerpiece

dsc03977.jpg?w=500&h=375

And we're going to make 3 vases with the others -- 1 to go in the ladies bathroom and the others will be in the room somewhere.

Our weddding video/slideshow is complete

5.5 hours worth of music is ready to go

Candy is bought!

we actually go to the hall tonight to start hauling stuff over such as all of the alcohol (we all lugged home Jamaican rum from duty free lol) and glasses, etc. etc.... I think we're also organizing the tables tonight too.

Tomorrow morning, I have to be up bright and early to frost 90+ cupcakes and then back to the hall to decorate!!

I'll report back sunday or monday! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users