Photo

April 2011 Brides

• Please log in to reply
6539 replies to this topic

#4911 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 09:47 AM

Oh Erin! Sometimes it's best to just let it all out. I think I would have just taken my dress and not paid her anything. I would also complain to the store that sent you there. Loudly, when there's lots of people there. I am glad to hear that overall it fits well, so I really hope the new seamstress is able to fix the mistakes.

Meggers - Life Brand (Shoppers) makes great lozenges with echinacea and honey lemon. They are fabulous for fighting and surviving a cold. It's probably wedding stress starting to weaken your immune system.

#4912 kiwibride

kiwibride
    • 275 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 01:13 PM

Ella that is awful i am so sorry to hear that. At least you have the dress now and you have time to get it fixed!

I am so nervous i am heading to my BD shoot in 2 hours!!!

Originally Posted by Ellabaja1983 

Okay...so I have to share, I had my first melt down today on my way home from the seamstress...  As I think everyone knows, I was worried about my fitting today because of previous problems with the seamstress.  Well, there was a reason to be worried...  when I tried my dress on this morning it went on great, the work I've been doing to lose weight has paid off!  It fits so nicely, I just love it!  Then I looked down and found that when she took the 8 inches off to shorten it, she made one side shorter than the other.  When I mentioned it, she tried to tell me that no, I was just leaning to one side.  So, that was her first mistake..  I insisted that it was uneven and she finally made the comment that yes, she must have done something wrong with the darts she put in to fix the dress.  I think the scariest thing was when I saw her go at my dress with scissors....

Anyway, she said she could fix that and then still had 2 hours worth of work left to put back beading that had fallen off...  Now, my dress was supposed to be done today.  I was supposed to be able to bring it home...  Well, I did bring it home.  As I was taking the dress off with the help of my MOH, she asked what I was going to do.  I told her that I was going to tell the lady that she was no longer going to be working on my dress, that I wasn't happy, and I would pay her for what she'd done and find someone else to fix it.  So, that's what we did....  I paid her (way too much money) and left with my MOH and one BM that had come with us.

I was just so upset with the whole situation....  As we were driving back home, I just lost it, and burst into tears because I was so upset...  Now I have to call this other lady who fixed my MOH and BM's dresses, to have her fix the mistakes this other lady make.... 

Ok, thank you for that vent...

#4913 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
      • 1,917 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 01:21 PM

kiwibride: Have an amazing time! We can't wait to see your pictures.

#4914 Ellabaja1983

Ellabaja1983
        • 1,541 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 01:29 PM

Thank you ladies!  You are all so kind.  I'm so glad I have my dress and there isn't much more work to be done on it, outside of fixing my dress.  

Kiwi, I hope your BD shoot is all you hoped for!  I'm sure it'll be amazing!

Married the love of my life in April!!

#4915 Meggers7484

Meggers7484
          • 315 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 02:53 PM

Thanks ladies! My manicorn (what I call my too good to be real FI) went to the store and stocked me up on honey, echinacea tea, neo citron, cold effex, lozenges and soup! Now for a long night of snuggling into the couch to try and beat this! Kiwi best of luck and have sp much fun!!! I can't wait to hear how it goes!!!!

#4916 Michele4172011

Michele4172011
            • 194 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 07:40 PM

I was really excited to find this dress, and wanted to pass it along! Victoria's Secret maxi dress. I can't wait to wear this to a luau in Maui for our honeymoon!

Attached Files

#4917 fmichelle

fmichelle
              • 298 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 07:43 PM

Kiwi, I hope you had a great BD shoot today, I'm looking forward to hearing all about.  I think three of us are doing it this week....yay!

#4918 big3n09

big3n09
                • 616 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 09:03 PM

Feels like a super slacker I have less than 30days and still need to do some things

4/1/11 in St. Kitts at the Marriott I married my best-friend!!!

#4919 kiwibride

kiwibride
                  • 275 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 09:29 PM

Hi Michele the dress is gorgeous, i wish i had seen it when i was on the site.  My bikini's all just arrived from them on friday only took 4 days to get to Australia but cost me $60 shipping!!!  I just heard a rumor today that Victoria's secret is opening here soon, i hope it is true!

I am also going to Maui for my honeymoon (and lanai) can't wait!

Victoria

Originally Posted by Michele4172011 

I was really excited to find this dress, and wanted to pass it along! Victoria's Secret maxi dress. I can't wait to wear this to a luau in Maui for our honeymoon!

Attached Files

#4920 kiwibride

kiwibride
                    • 275 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 09:33 PM

Well i just got home from my BD shoot it was soooo much fun!  At first i was really nervous but i soon settled into it and had a lot of fun.  It was done at the photographers house and she had a girl there to do my hair and makeup, she also had a bottle of champagne which helped with the nerves!!  Can't wait to see the photos!  Will post some as soon as i get them.  Good luck to those of you who have yours this week.

Victoria

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users