Photo

April 2011 Brides

• Please log in to reply
6539 replies to this topic

#3701 lisadias

lisadias
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 11:54 AM

Ya I am only selling them after my AHR though. Decorations included at our resort are white tablecloth linens, napkins and chair covers. You have to pay additional for centerpieces. I am dealing with Juliana the outside florist for my flowers, centerpieces and decorations because the resort is too pricey.

#3702 Brandy

Brandy
    • 2,628 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 11:55 AM

Char, that makes me feel much better!! Im sure everyone will be fine, its just so hard to plan for me bc my photographer isnt on the resort, I have to leave to get all of our photos taken.

Laura, absolutely not, you dont want things to be too matchy match, besides you have a bunch of different flowers in your bouquet not just one type of flower.  What did you have in mind?

#3703 Lua

Lua
      • 1,231 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 11:58 AM

I have no idea what kind of flower I want - i'm sort of playing it by ear to see what's there you know?  I've toyed with the idea of getting a turquoise one, but i think the turquoise gerberas are enough, so I'm going to go with white

#3704 primavera

primavera
        • 428 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 12:00 PM

Thanks Tenny!

Lua, I think people would be happy to relax, maybe go back to their room and freshen up and of course have drinks at the bar :)

April 29, 2011 - Now Jade Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa

#3705 Meggers7484

Meggers7484
          • 315 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 12:15 PM

Lua, is there a 5pm slot you could switch to? Our ceremony is at 5 and our reception is at 7, and we're just sending all of our guests to a lobby or pool bar while we do pics. There will still be plenty of light for pictures, but it shouldn't be as hot out.

#3706 Lua

Lua
            • 1,231 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 12:21 PM

meg - unfortunately i don't think so.  i know they only do 3 weddings a day max and i'm pretty sure they space them out by 2hrs... so with one on at 4, i won't be able to do 5...

speaking of.. i just went to the riu site to check avail time on my date and my time is showing avail?!?!?! WTH?!?! stressing a bit right now. i have a confirmation email any everything!!!  emailing the WC right now..

#3707 tris

tris
              • 609 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 12:28 PM

Trista's "wedding stuff" weekend plans:

- work on ceremony script (I had to stop last time because I was bawling!!)

- BD shoot on Sunday at 1:00 (ntm I have to find what I'm wearing, oops)

- work on centerpieces (this is an ongoing process it seems)

- work on welcome magazine I'm making (again, ongoing process)

- buy my wedding ring? (maybe)

I think that's about it. Our payments are due in a few weeks so we're also making sure everyone is aware of that... We haven't had much time for wedding stuff this past week because of house shopping. We've seen 8 houses already... 2 we loved but I'm not "sold" yet (haha.. sold...)

Married my best friend 04/28/11 at the Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay

#3708 APOLA2035

APOLA2035
                • Site Supporter
                • 55 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 12:39 PM

Lua- Don't worry! I've been to a wedding at 1:00 and then we got back at 6:00 for the reception. For my friends and I was so much fun and I even had time to change. Your  guests are going to be fine at least I would if I had a bar close to me :)

Kitty- I know how you feel. It's like everything is on me. I wish I could share the wedding decisions with my FI

#3709 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
                  • 1,917 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 12:42 PM

Laura don't stress. I think it's fine to get married at 2pm and I'm sure your slot hasn't opened up. I didn't want to make our ceremony any later because it will be so hard to wait all day to get married. Everyone else is right, remember you're on a resort with tons of stuff to do in between. Also, you might want to hold off on Michaels trip until tomorrow, there is a 50% off coupon starting Saturday.

To do this weekend:

Shopping for OOT bag items

Paper supplies for programs

Print Place Cards and Assembly some frames

Repair iron ons

Purchase FI & GM ties

#3710 greysgirl

greysgirl
                    • 370 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 12:44 PM

WELCOME Primavera!  I had some close friends stay at the NOW Jade this summer and loved it.  Great choice!  Yes, this thread is super active....each time I'm away I have to back up 5 pages to get caught up!  We apparently like to gab

Don't stress too much about what you haven't gotten done yet!  The beauty of a DW is that it's on YOUR terms.....and the gorgeous scenery lends itself to so much.  What size of dress do you wear?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users