Photo

April 2011 Brides

• Please log in to reply
6539 replies to this topic

#1971 Lua

Lua
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 10:30 AM

ooo and I just got the call over lunch ... MY DRESS IS READY!!!! :)  The seamstress told my grandma I just have to go try it on and if she needs to make anymore adjustments that she can make it right then and there so I'll only have to make the 4hr trek East once!  So it looks like on the 30th my dress will be good to go! :)

#1972 bryanandchar

bryanandchar
    • Site Supporter
    • 165 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 10:40 AM

I'd be interested in that if you have the link handy!

Thanks!

Originally Posted by TLGnhci 

I got some really cute starfish necklaces online for only $4.40 each!!  They're from China so they take a while to get in, but I liked them so much, I bought them for almost everyone!  Super cheap!  Let me know if you're interested and I can find the link to send to you.

Junior BM necklace.jpg

#1973 lisadias

lisadias
      • 1,116 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 10:45 AM

Hey mocha

I just printed out the marriage license application form with our information on it. I am going to get the licence myself with both our passports in hand and that is all I thought I had to do. It cost $135 and I can get it at Brampton City Hall during working hours. Licences can be purchased in most municipal offices in the province and can be used anywhere in the provice. They are valid for 90days from the date of purchase. Here is the form I filled out.

Let me know if you have found different info then I am aware of.

Thanks

Attached Files

#1974 Lua

Lua
        • 1,231 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 10:49 AM

hey Lisa that's the same form that i got from the clarington website as well. are you getting married at home first? or doing it officially in Mexico?

#1975 lisadias

lisadias
          • 1,116 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 11:38 AM

Getting married at home just not sure if before mexico symbolic ceremony or after just before we leave for greece on our honeymoon which is three weeks after we get back from mexico. I am scared if I do the legal ceremony first that it might ruin the feeling for me so I keep going between the two. But I am also struggling with the fact that after the mexico ceremony we will be pretending to be married and not legally so I don't know what to do! I am counting the mexico ceremony as my true wedding date and anniversaries will be celebrated that day so I guess it really doesn't matter when I just want to have the same feeling before the symbolic ceremony as I would if I was actually gettin legally married.

#1976 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
            • 1,917 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 12:04 PM

Thanks for the link. I still can't decide for sure if we should do the legal here or just keep it as legal there. My MoH's parents spent their first week of marriage getting married in different European countries, and that just sounds so romantic reaffirming your commitment over and over.

I think the symbolic will be more special than the legal. You'll actually be sharing vows with family and friends, not just signing papers.

#1977 Hanna20

Hanna20
              • 100 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 12:13 PM

Hi girls! I am also an April 2011 bride (April 6th) to be exact and I am wondering what everyone is doing in terms of diets/workouts now that we are down to the 3 month mark? I know that I said after new years it would be "crunch time" and now I am just trying to decide on the best method. I know I have to eat healthy and work out but hearing about what is working for others is always helpful!

Can't wait to hear from you all!

#1978 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
                • 1,917 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 12:19 PM

Hanna, FI & I are started doing the 12-day Wild Rose Herbal D-Tox last Friday. It consists of supplements and a sugar-free, gluten-free, dairy-free diet. So far, I've lost about 5 pounds without any extra activity and FI has lost about 8, but runs 5 km a day. I didn't want to lose much weight, just redistribute it.

#1979 Lua

Lua
                  • 1,231 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 12:19 PM

Welcome Hanna! :)

I'm working on upping my workout schedule a bit, but no major changes for me. I blog about it all here: http://startingoutfit.wordpress.com ... my current weekly schedule is including 3 rides on my horse + 2 strength workouts + 2 runs (min 30 min).  I've just picked up Jillian Michaels' Six-Week, Six-Pack dvd which I'm doing for my strength workout as I was quite surprised when I popped it in the other day. It's not a workout of crunches but all different full body movements - it's great!  I also really like Jillian's 30-Day shred Dvd.

#1980 Ellabaja1983

Ellabaja1983
                    • 1,541 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 01:07 PM

Hannah - I have started to track my food intake on caloriecount.com and being more focused on my workouts.  Tracking my food has actually made a HUGE difference for me because caloriecount.com gives you the breakdown of all the different vitamins, nutrients, and other (bad) stuff the food has in it.

Lisa - I didn't think the legal deal before hand would really bother me, but when FI mentioned last week that he wanted to do it before the end of the month.  I was a little freaked out.  I've gotten over it now, and I'm sure it will be a weird thing when we do it...but I'm also sure I'll get over it too. 

Married the love of my life in April!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users