Photo

April 2011 Brides

• Please log in to reply
6539 replies to this topic

#1151 tris

tris
  • 609 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 05:07 PM

Lisa - awesome! I love Dollarama... I always spend way too much money there though, lol.

Married my best friend 04/28/11 at the Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay

#1152 tris

tris
    • 609 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 05:10 PM

Oh and about my sister being an esthetician. I KNOW! It's awesome not having to worry about the beauty stuff... She's got access to this crazy nail polish that hardens your nails and stays on for weeks without chipping! I'm not a big nail polish girl and had no idea this brilliance existed!! I don't have to be careful when were on vacation! Yay!

Married my best friend 04/28/11 at the Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay

#1153 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
      • 1,917 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 05:21 PM

Ladies - It was my first day back at home and very productive. I picked up a crinoline for $30 which I plan on dying fuchsia. Then while my FI went to a meeting I went to Aldo and found a cute pair of shimmery strappy sandals to wear to wear with my dress. And they were on $14! So hopefully tomorrow I can have someone help me try on my dress with everything and really decide if I will keep it or keep looking. And my reception dress is being shipped!

#1154 FutureMrsBeachXO

FutureMrsBeachXO
        • 4 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 07:05 PM

We are getting married April 9,2011 at the Moon Palace and I just found this posting for April brides! My dress just came in so I'm going in for my first fitting in the next week, hopefully it's how I remember it! I'm trying to figure out about music/dj and flowers...any tips?

#1155 toronto22

toronto22
          • 10 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 07:42 PM

Hi guys!  We are getting married at Dreams Tulum, April 18.  Just over 4 months to go!!

#1156 lisadias

lisadias
            • 1,116 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 10:21 PM

Welcome new brides to be! Good luck with all the planning, the ladies on here are so helpful and kind!

Mocha-looking forward to seeing the dress with all the accessories! What a steal! I haven't found shoes that I like yet and it's making me nervous cause the closer to winter the less sandals I see! Gonna try a flea market on the weekend here in brampton cause some of the indian shops carry bright colored sandals so hopefully i score a pair!

i am doing a welcome packet but not really oot bags- going to have welcome letter, postcards, pens, lanyards with waterproof keycard/money holder, schedule of events etc... I am giving out a few things at the ceremony and reception as gifts and that took up most of my budget.

#1157 QueenDiva

QueenDiva
              • 521 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 05:08 AM

I was just thinking I needed to start on my OOT bags! I have some beach towels that need to be embroidered, but I need to get some more. I got them at the end of last season (in turquoise) for only $2.50 each! I have beach balls I got on sale for 0.50 cents each...guess I need to get on it & find the other stuff I need.

#1158 Ellabaja1983

Ellabaja1983
                • 1,541 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 03:33 PM

Lisa - I couldn't imagine....  I hope things don't become a mess for us.  Luckily, we haven't really done that much with the wedding coordinator, just talked about flowers and a little about dinner options.

To the new ladies - welcome!  This is a great board!!!

On the OOT bags...I decided I wanted to try to get a lot of the small stuff during the holiday's where it'd either be on sale, or while I was shopping at different places (out of state) that I don't normally go to.  So far, I've gotten chapstick, first-aid kits, shout wipes, wet wipes, hand santitizer, mini lint rollers.  I've also ordered the photo share cards that will be in the bags.  I still have a bunch of stuff that I need to make decisions on, including the bag itself.

Married the love of my life in April!!

#1159 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
                  • 1,917 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 07:45 AM

So honest opinions please... I still don't feel like this is my wedding dress, but here it is altered and with a crinoline. I think I want to add another layer of netting to pouf it a little more.

Picture 004.jpgPicture 003.jpg

#1160 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
                    • 1,917 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by FutureMrsBeachXO 

We are getting married April 9,2011 at the Moon Palace and I just found this posting for April brides! My dress just came in so I'm going in for my first fitting in the next week, hopefully it's how I remember it! I'm trying to figure out about music/dj and flowers...any tips?

We're at Moon Palace too. I'm making our bouquets from real touch flowers because I don't want to spend so much money on my bouquet and then have to leave it there. I was told that all the function areas have an accessible power supply, so we will be using an iPod dock for the cocktail hour and then ordering the iPod system for the private dinner. How many guests are you expecting and how long are you staying?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users