Sign in to follow this  
bride2b10

So pissed! Quotes are getting ridiculous!!!

I sent a picture of a simple huppah and a similar tent cover for the guests for ceremony. The picture had a few roses .. make story short? $1700!!! Are you kidding me? That is BEYOND ridiculous. Do they just make up these ridiculous amount in hopes that people will pay?

No doubt about it, it is expensive...and people will in fact pay the prices they provide to get what they dream of. I've hear that sometimes the resorts will do upgrades on wedding features complimentary....but you definitely can't plan for that. It is tough when you have certain things you want.

Good luck!

Wow! That seems really excessive to me, too. No doubt about it, when people hear "wedding" they think they can charge and arm and a leg. I hope you can talk them down a bit- good luck!

Is this a wedding planner or the resort itself? I have had similar frustrations just dealing with an AI. Everyone seems to have a different price list, and 'SOMETIMES' you can get things free, sometimes you cannot... etc...etc...

I am just keeping record of everything that is being told to me so I can present when I get there.

BUT I totally understand. That huppah price is a little outrageous!! I think my resort quoted me 575 for a pretty gorgeous one with a lot of flowers.

yup, i was quoted about $500 something for a huppa with flowers...

i am just going to bring my own decorations for the huppa which is FREE to put up.

no flowers though.

i dont think it would be up the whole time...its probably only for ceremony...it is a lot of money for 15-30 min!

the resort will decorate the huppa if i bring my own decorations so i am going that way!

it depends on your resort, though.

The huppah at our resort is $500.It's something I had in my original budget but it has been cut until we see how many people will attend. It's beautiful but not worth it for just the ceremony alone.