becks

VIP

• VIP Member
  • 4,881 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
  • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
  • LocationNew York

Posted 20 April 2010 - 02:42 PM

[QUOTE=dianep;1264269]has anyone had them removed? it sounds like they're not supposed to damage your natural nails, but i'm curious about anyone's experience with them.
[QUOTE]

I had mine taken off a week and a half ago and went back to a regular old mani. I MISS them!!! My nails are healthy, but are a little bit thinner because they buffed the tops of my nails when they originally put them on. They also seem a bit prone to chipping/peeling, but then, they always have.

I figured I'd take a little break from them, but I'm ready to go back.

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#42 dianep

dianep
  • 532 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 02:44 PM

thanks becks! that's helpful!
    http://i707.photobuc..../065copy-1.jpg
    and happily ever after begins...

wedding review (the royal and the gran porto real, playa del carmen)http://bestdestinati....ew-long-59649/

#43 Daily2011

Daily2011
    • 123 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 02:50 PM

Thanks Diane! I will have to give them a try.

#44 dianep

dianep
      • 532 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 02:56 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Daily2011
        Thanks Diane! I will have to give them a try.
        you're welcome, and good luck!
        http://i707.photobuc..../065copy-1.jpg
        and happily ever after begins...

wedding review (the royal and the gran porto real, playa del carmen)http://bestdestinati....ew-long-59649/

#45 KristinaM

KristinaM
        • VIP Member
        • 3,082 posts
        • Wedding Date:April 18, 2013
        • Wedding Location:Ocean Blue & Sand, Punta Cana
        • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 20 April 2010 - 03:10 PM

Becks- did you use sunscreen on vacay with these? I just ask because I used to get the pink & white gel nails and something in the sunscreen used to break down the formula and it would get stickyish.

#46 vlynnw

vlynnw
        • 6,003 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 03:16 PM

I've had mine on for 3 weeks now and they hold up pretty well. I did have one chip though the second day and they start to get weak on the tips a little sooner than I expected, but overall I'm happy with them and having them re-polished this Friday.
          Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#47 sorord1

sorord1
          • 240 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 07:28 PM

I have seen something similar to this in Chicago. They called it the No Chip Manicure. I havent tried it yet but I wonder if it is the same thing as the OPI but they are just calling it something different.

#48 brandonsbride

brandonsbride
            • 89 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 10:41 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by dianep
              it's supposed to make them a little thicker and stronger so they can grow out better.

has anyone had them removed? it sounds like they're not supposed to damage your natural nails, but i'm curious about anyone's experience with them.

i called my salon yesterday and they DO offer both manis and pedis with the axxium, and they charge $100 for both ($40 mani/$60 pedi) and say to plan for an hour and a half.
              I have had them removed about three times now. They really do leave your nails a little thinner and brittle, I realized they say there is no harm. I have really thick nails, so it wasn't that huge of a difference to me, but I could notice it.
              Two of my clients had them done and won't go back. They thought that the damage wasn't worth it. (I didn't think that it was too bad.)
              None of us have paid more than $30 for the mani, most pay $20-25. I will keep doing it, especially for the wedding, but I am concerned that if it does chip or peel in Mexico before the wedding, I would have no way to take them off- they do not sell the solution that you soak your hands in.
              On the super plus side, your nails are immediately dry and ready to go way quicker than a normal mani.
              I say give it a shot before you go!

#49 rosieposie

rosieposie
              • 649 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 03:48 PM

Hmm...sounds good that they are soaked off. The last time I tried gels they were LCN and my nails have never been the same years later after they've been removed. (Had to be buffed off).

thanks! I'll look into this, hopefully they're offered in my area.

#50 sungoddess_08

sungoddess_08
                • 829 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 06:25 PM

I am trying to find these in my area - but it seems like no one does them. Do they really work? What would I ask for when I call the salon? (is this the only name)?

Thansk!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users