Any Atlantic Canada brides?

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#41 StephyD

StephyD
  • 342 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 12:30 PM

Hi all!

I'm from New Brunswick but have been living in Montreal for the last year and a half.  We are getting married at the Grand Palladium in Riviera Maya on March 31st, 2011!  I cannot wait :)

#42 aaronlori

aaronlori
    • 159 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 06:49 AM

Noone has posted on this thread in a while . . . I'm from Newfoundland. Anybody else out there????!!! Where are all the 2011 Atlantic Canadians, lol.

#43 Sheena2011

Sheena2011
      • 76 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 08:35 AM

Hi! I'm from Newfoundland, living in Halifax, getting married this November in Tulum, Mexico!

#44 baileybutton

baileybutton
        • 199 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 02:26 AM

I live in NB but from Cape Breton. We don't have a country or resort yet (very recently engaged-like less then a week) However, we've been together for 8 year and for about 5 of those years I've been saying I want a DW, lol.

03.13.13 ~ The day I marry my best friend!

#45 Sheena2011

Sheena2011
          • 76 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 01:08 PM

We've been together over 9 years and we spent the year before getting engaged putting it off because I dreaded the thought of planning a traditional wedding. You can imagine how well it went over with all the Newfoundland relatives ( except our parents - they were awesome) when we told them we were going to Mexico! Everyone was a bit miffed they weren't getting a huge "party" ( aka one day full of stress and $ where I probably would have no time to spend with anyone anyway).

#46 FutureMrsRobart

FutureMrsRobart
            • 254 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 04:21 PM

Still in Halifax and leaving in 6 more sleeps for our DW at Dreams Riviera Cancun, Mexico with 34 of our friends and family :-)

http://www.whenismyw....90426edcc4.gif

Us + 5 Kids + 34 Adults = 41 Booked

#47 Jennie0521

Jennie0521
              • 48 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 11:29 AM

I'm a newfie...we just got back from our April 28th wedding at The Royal in Playa del Carmen. Congrats on your engagement!!!

Originally Posted by aaronlori 

Noone has posted on this thread in a while . . . I'm from Newfoundland. Anybody else out there????!!! Where are all the 2011 Atlantic Canadians, lol.

The Royal PCD - April 28th, 2011

#48 Katiem2012

Katiem2012
                • 104 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 09:44 AM

So I'm not from the East coast but my FI is from NS! I'm just wondering if anyone here planned flights out of Hali and an airport in Ontario? We have a huge group leaving from Halifax and a group leaving from Ottawa/Toronto and we're having a really hard time matching up the flights by a day or less. Did anyone else have this issue? which travel provider did you use?

Thanks! :)

#49 janette34

janette34
                  • 417 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 09:58 AM

We have about 40 ppl going for our wedding next April.  The majority is flying out of Halifax, but we're having problems too finding packages out of Ottawa, Toronto and Edmonton that arrive at roughly the same time and approximately the same price.  The package out of Edmonton is $500 higher than the Halifax pkg!

#50 Katiem2012

Katiem2012
                    • 104 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 10:36 AM

Wow Edmonton is higher than Halifax! We're finding that Halifax is more expensive than Ottawa and Toronto, although we've all expected that... but Edmonton is even more!? thats crazy!

We've been able to find flights out of Montreal (which is close enough to Ottawa we'll just have to drive) and Toronto on the same day with Transat Vacations, but Halifax departures just don't match up with any of the pkgs we've looked at, it's so frustrating! :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users