Jellyfish Restaurant

• Please log in to reply
3033 replies to this topic

#1641 JennCarlson

JennCarlson
  • 39 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:02 PM

And now for a monetary question...

What have people decided on for tipping?  I have no clue and need some direction so I don't screw it up and offend someone. :)

#1642 Smithk79

Smithk79
    • 149 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:38 AM

I had about the same timeline, married around 4:30ish on December 9. Got ready at JF with my 2 bridesmaids around noon, photographer arrived around 3/3:30, guests arrived a few minutes before ceremony to get their drinks, check out the views and grabbed their seats. Mayte worked out the timeline perfectly, changed a little from what i had planned but worked great!

#1643 ShawnaBlake

ShawnaBlake
      • 3 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:33 AM

My email is shawna.blake@hotmail.com if anyone has a price list :) thanks!

#1644 Mady28

Mady28
        • 164 posts
        • Wedding Date:November 28, 2013
        • Wedding Location:Huracan Cafe
        • LocationPunta Cana, Dominican Republic

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:31 PM

JennCarlson That's also a concern for me, but I have read that other brides have tipped 10% of the total bill to each vendor.

#1645 MissyBee

MissyBee
        • 176 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:43 PM

i was also wondering- when tipping Mayte, is that tip for the whole JF Staff, or should there be one tip for her and another for the waiters/bartenders? does anyone know how many staff members there are?

#1646 Shealy

Shealy
          • 3 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:52 PM

Hi Everyone!

I'm getting married on Feb 1st and time is ticking quickly! I haven't had any communication with Mayte since the end of November. Has anyone heard from Mayte lately? Or previous Brides of the Jellyfish how much communication did you have with Mayte just before your Wedding? Getting a little nervous!

#1647 Smithk79

Smithk79
            • 149 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:57 PM

I got married in December and really didnt have a lot of.communication leading up to it. We had discussed everything we needed.to prior and had our meeting set up.i would just make sure u get to meet with her a few days before ue wedding and u should be.fine :-)

#1648 inloveinkorea

inloveinkorea
              • 177 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:17 PM

Jenn, you're getting married 2 days after me!! We're getting married on the 8th. I can't believe how quickly it's coming up. Do you have an official invoice from Mayte yet? Communication has been so bad...

Visit my Etsy shop for affordable DIY invitations and wedsite design! http://www.etsy.com/...eaOfLoveStudios

#1649 CFK2013

CFK2013
                • 30 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:10 AM

Hi Ladies! I am getting married Feb 7th and emailed Mayte back in December with some flowers and updated inspiration pictures and haven't heard anything. I was kinda getting nervous, but more just because this close I want to be reassured everything is ok! I just haven't confirmed the date/time of our meeting, so hoping to just have that confirmed soon so we can make arrangements when we get there! Hoping to hear from her in the next couple weeks at least to confirm that..

#1650 Shealy

Shealy
                  • 3 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:12 PM

Samee!! So nervous! Only 19 more days until we take off and I haven't heard a thing since Novemeber! The only thing I'm worried about is meeting up with Mayte. I would also like to know what time the bus will pick everyone up at as well, so that I can have some sort of itinerary made up for all of our guests (before we leave) ! Hoping to hear from Mayte soon. She must be so busy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users