mother of bride, & new to this!

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 dmob

• 71 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 02:22 PM

Hi I'm Debra, mother of the bride, assisting with the planning of daughter's DW to Negril Jamaica. We're trying to achieve a New York Chic (she and the FI lives in NYC) meets southern casual charm (both grew up in the south).
    The wedding is schedule for Labor Day weekend at Moon Dance Villas. My major concerns (right now-concerns change daily!!) are: weather-hurricane season and the cost of photography!

Newbie to this site and posting only on one other site, but I had a time figuring out how to post. Could be a generation gap

I look forward to planning this wedding and gaining new insite with you all. The last time I had to think this intimately about wedding plans was 35 years ago, and then my mom did it all!!!

#2 carolina24

• 1,573 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 03:05 PM

welcome!! you'll find tons of info here. first thing you should do is read the threads about searching, Q&A, and how to navigate the forum...these are really helpful and you'll find that a lot of your questions have already been asked and answered. it might seem overwhelming at first, but once you get the hang of it, you'll find this is a great resource. good luck!!

#3 ronsoliman

• 233 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 03:10 PM

welcome!!! if there's anything we can help you interms of ideas...just let us know.

BTW, we are so close to NYC....

#4 Mallory57

• 454 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 03:23 PM

Welcome to the forum!! Everyone here is wonderful!! I am getting married @ Moon Dance also...except at the sister property to the Villas (the Cliffs). Everyone there has been great and very helpful so far. Happy planning!!
          35 (and counting) booked plus Bride & Groom!!

#5 PVBride2010

• 157 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 03:28 PM

Don't worry, I am still learning how to use this site too. Welcome & its a really nice gesture that you joined the forum. Happy planning!

#6 renee1811

• 539 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 05:08 PM

welcome to the forum! I think it's really awesome that you're here helping your daughter with her wedding :)

#7 fsuambs

• 154 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 05:11 PM

Congrats & Welcome!
                Happy Planning, Amber

#8 nathanielthompsonphoto

• 1,213 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 05:22 PM

Welcome to the forum! Great of you to help out your daughter!

#9 sunkisseddreams

• 257 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 05:51 PM

Welcome & happy planning!
                    Lisa & Andrew ~ Dreams Riviera Cancun ~ May 6th, 2011

#10 tanya1953

• 12 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 06:01 PM

I am also a Mother of the bride, everybody is so helpful and you will find your way about the forum, lots of good advice if you need it. Goodluck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users