Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
chipotle99

The official P90X Support Group!

Recommended Posts

Sharon99 and (everyone else), I did P90x and it was so slow I just couldnt do it.  Another option is to do a Power Yoga DVD and do that instead of the one supplied by P90x.  I LOVE yoga...but that DVD was just HORRIBLE! Maybe even a Pilates DVD!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL! Agreed, it is horrible! I will have to see if I can find power yoga and check it out. Thanks!
 

Originally Posted by Bride2012 View Post

Sharon99 and (everyone else), I did P90x and it was so slow I just couldnt do it.  Another option is to do a Power Yoga DVD and do that instead of the one supplied by P90x.  I LOVE yoga...but that DVD was just HORRIBLE! Maybe even a Pilates DVD!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got one of ebay, it came with 3 different DVDs, it started from beginner and went to advanced...it seems easy...but yoga will have you sweating and out of breath! LOL! Especially power yoga! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Officially started my 2nd round of P90X Lean today!!  Core Synergistics down, Cardio tomorrow!  My first day back went really well!!  I had to sort of take it easy my last week of my first round because of upper back pain, so this time around I am trying to take it a little easy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Congrats! Good luck! As for the back pain, "Just do your best and forget the rest". HAHA. Lame, but had to say it for Tony :)
 

Originally Posted by jszy10 View Post

Officially started my 2nd round of P90X Lean today!!  Core Synergistics down, Cardio tomorrow!  My first day back went really well!!  I had to sort of take it easy my last week of my first round because of upper back pain, so this time around I am trying to take it a little easy. 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL  Thanks SO much hahaha....I had myself say "love it love it love it til my daddy takes the t-bird away" right with tony yesterday...its like I never left! lol .... except my body hurtsssss haha...on to cardio!
 

Originally Posted by Manda123 View Post


Congrats! Good luck! As for the back pain, "Just do your best and forget the rest". HAHA. Lame, but had to say it for Tony :)

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just checkin in to see how everyone is doing! I'm on my recovery week. TOO much yoga! Had dinner with a girlfriend last night who has done the program a couple of times. She's also a yoga fanatic and has convinced me to stop subbing out yoga, so I'm really going to try to stick it out this week.

 

I'm going to pick up some more free weights this week before I start phase 2. Just curious - what are you guys using? I only have 5Lbs right now and I need to up it. I was thinking 8s and 10s?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Manda!!  Ugh...well I had to stop my program last time at the beginning of week 13 because my back pain got so bad, and just 2 days in this time I was hurting SO bad that I just stopped :o  I actually just bought Jillian Michael's 30 day shred for cheap on half.com so that I could try her workouts out and see if they work better for my back.  I have had so many treatments on my back in the past 5 years that I just don't want to hurt anymore :oP.  I'm not sure where I'm going to go from here..

 

BUT..to give you some advice on the weights, we started out with bands/5lb weights, went to 8lbs and ended up with 10lbs.  I would definitely suggest having 8's and 10's around!  It is fine to do less reps with a higher weight and continue to grow with it!
 

Originally Posted by Manda123 View Post

Just checkin in to see how everyone is doing! I'm on my recovery week. TOO much yoga! Had dinner with a girlfriend last night who has done the program a couple of times. She's also a yoga fanatic and has convinced me to stop subbing out yoga, so I'm really going to try to stick it out this week.

 

I'm going to pick up some more free weights this week before I start phase 2. Just curious - what are you guys using? I only have 5Lbs right now and I need to up it. I was thinking 8s and 10s?



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

jszy10 - sorry to hear about your back :( hopefully you the shred is better for you.

 

manda123 - I am on my recovery week also! (month 2) You go girl! lol! Giving yoga a shot!! Let me know if you start to like it.

I use 5s, 8s, 10s and even 15s for some of the back moves where you use free weights. In month 2 you will have Back & Bis and I find that I switch from 5s & 8s for my bis in that workout. Give it a try and if its too heavy just switch back but I would definitely try to challenge yourself & increase the weight!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Very thought provoking article it really helped me set up my strategies regarding. READ MORE : Login to Hotmail, Outlook using a Windows or Mac web browser Launch your web browser and login: Firstly, you need to launch your Windows or Mac web browser. Once you have successfully done so, go to the Hotmail sign in page:  http://hotmailaccount1811.blogspot.com Enter your email address and password: Once you have reached the Outlook sign-in page, you need to enter your Hotmail email address followed by your password then click Next. Congratulations, you have signed in: On the next page, select Sign In. Feel free to explore the services that are available to 
    • OMG these are incredible! Seriously blown away by the thoughtful detail you have put into every aspect of your gifts, your guests are going to be amazed! Props to you for adding so many personal touches and putting in so much time to make these gifts amazing!
    • These bags are amazing!! You are so organized and detailed, I am so impressed! I LOVE the Vistaprint stuff you ordered, the logo is so cute, I love your personalization!
    • I love etsy!! It's a great place to find personalized gifts without such a hefty price tag. I was thinking of getting my bridesmaids personalized necklaces with their names on them. I found these ones that are affordable and you can pick the chain length and different fonts, so you can really make them your own and pick what you know each bridesmaid will want. https://www.etsy.com/listing/595334072/personalized-name-necklace-stainless?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=personalized necklace&ref=sc_gallery-3-9&plkey=a8662525c53ec285c1b46b0f308162d0591edff8:595334072
    • Hi everyone, I am so happy that I am getting married to the love of my life. He proposed me and we are getting married within in a couple of months. And I have started preparations for my big day. I am super excited about a lot of things and also worried about many things.I have some inhibitions about my face and skin. Since I am a working woman, I have never got much time for personal care. This is the right time for it now. I need  proper medical grade skin care. Want to improve my skin tone and texture  I read some details about it here, https://www.mcleanclinic.com/nonsurgical-procedures/non-surgical/skin-care/, and found it really helpful. Can anyone of you suggest me some more tips? Like what I can do at home to have a glow on my face?  Thanks in advance.
  • Topics

×