Jump to content

Photo

Moon Palace 2011 Brides


  • Please log in to reply
2483 replies to this topic

#761 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
  • Sr. Member
  • 1,917 posts

    Posted 30 January 2011 - 03:14 PM



    Originally Posted by aholen 

    I'm thinking of creating a fun scavenger hunt for my guests that will require them to find various spots in the resort and take pictures there. Has anyone been there/can recommend areas of the resort I should include in the hunt?



    There is a huge chess board, a pier, apparently the taco place in the Grand section is hard to find and maybe the mini golf course for a few ideas.



    #762 Lizard

    Lizard
    • Newbie
    • 42 posts

      Posted 30 January 2011 - 03:26 PM

      Cee Cee,

       

      GORGEOUS PICTURES!

       

      Is David one of the Palace photographers or he was hired outside?

       

      Thanks,

       

      Liz

      Originally Posted by CeeCee76 

      I'm working on my review for Sun Palace, I'm waiting for my wedding DVD.  I've posted a review for David Pena.  He was fantastic!

       

      http://www.bestdesti...er/reviews#4172



      #763 Lizard

      Lizard
      • Newbie
      • 42 posts

        Posted 30 January 2011 - 03:35 PM

        Hey guys,

         

        Once more thing for the bag that I read about...Aloe! Most people get a list a little bit of a burn and most forget Aloe.

         

        Love the body wash idea...and I think I will hit up the dollar store for some small loafa's too!

         

        Thanks!

        Originally Posted by Vettiebean 


        I see a lot of people mentioning bug spray... does anyone know how the bug situation will be around November? Mosquitoes flock to me like flies to light. Also, any recommendations on a good, non-icky, non-sticky feeling, nicely scented bug spray? 

         

        I don't think I'm doing OOT bags for my guests, but something I thought was a great idea to include in them was an emergency kit... pepto, immodium, hangover meds, hand sanitizer, etc. Because we'll likely have a small number of guests, we're thinking of other options like cigars (our friends and FI love them), necklaces, sarongs, etc. That's if we have a small number. If the actual guest list expands, then we'll adjust it. 

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by SChica927 

        So I have a couple thoughts of things to include:

        • Newsletter
        • Bug Spray
        • Sunblock
        • Cheap Sunglasses (like the kiddy ones from the $1 store)
        • Gum
        • Body Wash (they only have soap in the rooms and a lot of people like body wash)
        • Safety Pins
        • Squirt Gun or Bubble Gun

         

        Stuff like that. I haven't shopped for any of it, so I'm sure it'd get pricey, but I'm just keepin' track of ideas for when I'm ready to go shopping. What are you putting in yours?


         

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by BeautifulBrideAngela 

        SChica927 - that is a really great idea about the where are the bride and groom - I might use that idea for sure!!

         

        I'm doing the same thing - I'll keep everything seperate until we get there and then I'll assemble them before we meet up later that night. 

         

        What contents did you put in your bag?


         

         




        #764 blondy

        blondy
        • Newbie
        • 133 posts

          Posted 30 January 2011 - 06:38 PM

          Hi ladies,

          I am interested in booking a group excursion for my guests and I during our stay (to some of the Mayan Ruins) - does anyone know if we can reserve this in advance? Or how we go about this?


          We're getting married at Moon Palace Cancun on April 8, 2011!

          #765 BeautifulBrideAngela

          BeautifulBrideAngela
          • Newbie
          • 39 posts

            Posted 31 January 2011 - 07:16 AM

            Good Morning!

             

            I have a question about American money - I've heard conflicting information about taking it with us.  We have always taken American money with us and that is how we pay for anything we buy, for excursions and for tipping etc.  I've now heard that they do not want us to use American money and that we should take Peso's with us?

             

            Does anyone have any more information on this? 

             

            Thanks!

            Angela



            #766 SChica927

            SChica927
            • Jr. Member
            • 230 posts

              Posted 31 January 2011 - 10:15 AM

              I've heard that you can only make reservations upon arrival, but check with your WC. If you're planning to take an entire group, they might make an exception.

               

              Originally Posted by blondy 

              Hi ladies,

              I am interested in booking a group excursion for my guests and I during our stay (to some of the Mayan Ruins) - does anyone know if we can reserve this in advance? Or how we go about this?





              #767 SChica927

              SChica927
              • Jr. Member
              • 230 posts

                Posted 31 January 2011 - 10:16 AM

                I was just there a few weeks ago and we definitely tipped with US money without any problem. Also, most of the other items you could probably charge to your room and use a CC to pay for it if you want (but watch out, most CCs charge a 3% internaitonal fee).

                 

                Originally Posted by BeautifulBrideAngela 

                Good Morning!

                 

                I have a question about American money - I've heard conflicting information about taking it with us.  We have always taken American money with us and that is how we pay for anything we buy, for excursions and for tipping etc.  I've now heard that they do not want us to use American money and that we should take Peso's with us?

                 

                Does anyone have any more information on this? 

                 

                Thanks!

                Angela





                #768 SChica927

                SChica927
                • Jr. Member
                • 230 posts

                  Posted 31 January 2011 - 10:22 AM

                  Maybe have them look out for an iguana? I saw about 15 when I was there for 2 days!  There's also a VIP beach area, a rock climbing wall...

                   

                  It might also be fun to have 'em look for certain things about people (which could vary, but if you keep it general and kind of silly, it could be fun)... like look for a worker whose name starts with J or a super sunburnt guest... I don't know, stuff like that maybe?

                   

                  Originally Posted by mochamakes3 



                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by aholen 

                  I'm thinking of creating a fun scavenger hunt for my guests that will require them to find various spots in the resort and take pictures there. Has anyone been there/can recommend areas of the resort I should include in the hunt?



                  There is a huge chess board, a pier, apparently the taco place in the Grand section is hard to find and maybe the mini golf course for a few ideas.





                  #769 BeautifulBrideAngela

                  BeautifulBrideAngela
                  • Newbie
                  • 39 posts

                    Posted 31 January 2011 - 01:11 PM

                    Hi - can someone please tell me if there is a night during the week that vendors come in and set up so you can do some shopping?



                    #770 Amara3CUS

                    Amara3CUS
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 300 posts

                      Posted 31 January 2011 - 01:59 PM


                      Reservations can be made in advance!

                      Here's the 411

                       

                      Wily Kantun  
                      Palace Vacation Planner 
                      wkantun


                      I've heard that you can only make reservations upon arrival, but check with your WC. If you're planning to take an entire group, they might make an exception.

                       

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by blondy 

                      Hi ladies,

                      I am interested in booking a group excursion for my guests and I during our stay (to some of the Mayan Ruins) - does anyone know if we can reserve this in advance? Or how we go about this?


                       





                      Back to Destination Wedding in Riviera Maya, Cancun & surrounding areas


                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users