Photo

Moon Palace 2011 Brides

• Please log in to reply
2483 replies to this topic

#1511 jcoke

jcoke
  • 39 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 08:53 PM

Hey ladies, I am very close to finalizing my booking rooms.  I am working with destinationweddings.com for my TA.  At first I was excited but somewhere in the middle I got nervous and was wondering if I made the right choice.  In the initial stages I got a group contract signed with DW that was approved by MP.  The prices that I have are better then what i've seen on expedia, priceline and even the MP website.  And I was also able to get the transfers to and from the airport included in my prices.  I have been keeping track of all my guests and who has booked to ensure that I have my 75 nights or 25 rooms.  According to my calcualations I have 82 nights but from all the posts, I am going to TRIPLE check that so I'm not short 5 or so day.  I am planning on the unlimited events so to have to pay $400/table would totally suck since I have 53 folks booked. 

I am also going to ask my TA to request the sunrise side and to make sure that that section has a lot of double beds.  Most of my guests are aren't couples so I wouldn't want 2 guys to be stuck sleeping on a double/queen bed!

Well i'll let you all know how my final booking turns out. 

#1512 Terpgurl

Terpgurl
    • 164 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 04:44 AM

Another bride sent them to me b/c I had the 2010 prices but luckily they honored the 2010 prices for me. If you PM your email address,  I can send you the whole spa list. I don't know if I can attach on here since I can't even view attachments yet!

Originally Posted by beatyea 

Thank you!!!  Where did you get the price list?

May 29th, 2011
      Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort

#1513 rae12vb

rae12vb
      • 168 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 05:19 AM

THanks!

Originally Posted by Terpgurl 

We had 3 payments. The first payment is the cost of one night. Then 2nd payment was 50% of the charges due minus the initial deposit and third payment was the remainder 50%. Teresa, let my guest make payments in between if they wanted to break out the payments. I am not sure how she came up with the schedule but my wedding is May 29th, the 1st payment was due when you book and I had my booking available back in October. The 2nd payment wasn't due till Feb and the third was due in April.

Getting Married at Moon Palace 8-23-11!!!

#1514 rae12vb

rae12vb
        • 168 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 05:20 AM

Isn't it true that if you book $75+ nights you get the private party for FREE???

Originally Posted by jcoke 

Hey ladies, I am very close to finalizing my booking rooms.  I am working with destinationweddings.com for my TA.  At first I was excited but somewhere in the middle I got nervous and was wondering if I made the right choice.  In the initial stages I got a group contract signed with DW that was approved by MP.  The prices that I have are better then what i've seen on expedia, priceline and even the MP website.  And I was also able to get the transfers to and from the airport included in my prices.  I have been keeping track of all my guests and who has booked to ensure that I have my 75 nights or 25 rooms.  According to my calcualations I have 82 nights but from all the posts, I am going to TRIPLE check that so I'm not short 5 or so day.  I am planning on the unlimited events so to have to pay $400/table would totally suck since I have 53 folks booked. 

I am also going to ask my TA to request the sunrise side and to make sure that that section has a lot of double beds.  Most of my guests are aren't couples so I wouldn't want 2 guys to be stuck sleeping on a double/queen bed!

Getting Married at Moon Palace 8-23-11!!!

#1515 Terpgurl

Terpgurl
          • 164 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 05:22 AM

I believe Sunrise has the most double beds and that's what my TA told me b/c I am like you, with alot of single dudes . .

Keep pressing them b/c I hear that they've been sticking ppl in Nizuic even though they were promised Sunrise. I believe I am confirmed for Sunrise b/c I just got our airport transfer via email and it said Moon Palace Sunrise . . I hope b/c I told everyone that's where we're staying!

Originally Posted by jcoke 

May 29th, 2011

#1516 Terpgurl

Terpgurl
            • 164 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 06:18 AM

Ladies, I am writing a list of individuals that I would like to tip for the wedding day. I would like some feed back and if I am missing anyone.

1. Wedding Coordinator

2. WC assistant

3. DJ - how much? I am using the resort DJ - JSAV

4. Videographer - How much?

5. Our private waiter for the reception

6. Waitstaff in general

7. Mariachi Band Am I missing anyone for the wedding day?

May 29th, 2011

#1517 Amara3CUS

Amara3CUS
              • 300 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 07:12 AM

You get UNLIMITED number of private parties for free....

so i have a bridesmaid brunch, farewell brunch, the reception, etc... the rehearsal dinner could have been one of these free events too but i wanted the Arrecifes (brazilian steak house menu) and they can only have that menu at that restaurant.

you can have a free event every night with 75+ room nights

Originally Posted by rae12vb 

Isn't it true that if you book $75+ nights you get the private party for FREE???

#1518 Amara3CUS

Amara3CUS
                • 300 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 07:13 AM

photographer!

Originally Posted by Terpgurl 

Ladies, I am writing a list of individuals that I would like to tip for the wedding day. I would like some feed back and if I am missing anyone.

1. Wedding Coordinator

2. WC assistant

3. DJ - how much? I am using the resort DJ - JSAV

4. Videographer - How much?

5. Our private waiter for the reception

6. Waitstaff in general

7. Mariachi Band Am I missing anyone for the wedding day?

#1519 Amara3CUS

Amara3CUS
                  • 300 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 07:16 AM

SPA AND SALON MENUS FOR 2011

Attached Files

#1520 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
                    • 1,917 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 08:01 AM

Terpgurl

I had to back the next day and tip Alberto for doing my hair and makeup. We didn't tip the videographer because he took off right after the wedding ceremony. Make sure to carry a few bills for tipping golf cart drivers. My family took one to the ceremony, my sister had one rush her back to the reception, we had one take us from the gazebo to the lobby for pictures and we had to have one rush us across the resort to make it to the ceremony as well. I felt bad because none of us had any money at one point and I gave the guy a rose from my bouquet. And when we got to the reception I had to track down my dad for tip money!

I would also make a list of the little details you want to include. I forgot the boutonnieres for my dad and ring bearer, the passed starfish for my bouquet, and my garters.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users