Photo

Weight Progresssss!!

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 sungoddess_08

sungoddess_08
  • 829 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 07:19 PM

Hi all, I just had to post and tell that I lost 10 poundssssss!!!!!!!! We just bought a scale and since Christmas I've lost 10!! :) I'm so excited and happy!! how is everyone else doing? :)

#2 Mischaka

Mischaka
    • 969 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 07:22 PM

congrats!!!!!!! I totally know the feeling!! I haven't weighed in since tuesday BEFORE I worked out and I lost a total of 9lbs. and I KNOW I lost more since then. But this weight loss feels soooooo good!!! knowing that we are looking better which makes us feel better and that makes us look EVEN better!! that confidence will show in those wedding pics!!! I can't wait!!!!

#3 Eliana

Eliana
      • 676 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 07:23 PM

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You must be soooo happyyy! what are you doing to loose weight? I need to loose the 25 lbs I gained since I looked the way I did in my picture below

#4 sungoddess_08

sungoddess_08
        • 829 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 07:33 PM

It's actually been super easy!! This is what we do each day:

My FI makes low fat homemade bran muffins each week so we have one of those for breakfast. (I can post the recipe if you want).

I'm a teacher so during first recess I snack on some of our homemade trail mix (ingredients include pumpkin seeds both hulled and regular, wasabi peas or raisins, sunflower seeds and unsalted peanuts).

For lunch I have a salad with tomatoes, cucumbers, tofu, red peppers and oil/vinegar dressing, and a homemade fruit salad (with 3 kinds of fruit -- grapes, pineapple, blueberries, mango, kiwi, nectarines)

For a snack after school I have a piece of cheese or cottage cheese.

And for dinner we make something that is all fresh vegetables. A good recipe it eggplant, tomatoes, mushrooms and onions in a casserole dish. Or sushi which we make a lot.

In the evening I have a glass of milk and some oranges.

The thing I've found though is that by cutting out ALL processed foods (even granola bars and crackers) we have lost weight and have more energy. We just make everything from scratch and it actually doesn't take any more time than other food we used to make.

For exercise, we live in a 10 floor building so we try to do stairs 4 times a week. Just going up and down 3 times (takes 12 minutes). I also have a workout routine that I can do in front of the tv lol (200 sit ups, 200 crunches, 200 squats and 200 leg-ups).

It's so easy and I feel SOO much better!!

#5 LadyTrunck

LadyTrunck
          • 1,114 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 07:47 PM

Congrats ladies!!! Isn't it the best feeling?!

Since January of last year, I have lost 18.5 lbs- and I'd like to lose 9 more. I have tried a few different 'diets' but nothing beats good ol counting calories, eating non processed foods as said above, and exercise.
            Married to my BEST FRIEND!
            July 7, 2010!!My Planning Thread: http://bestdestinati....ns-pics-60834/
            Non-Pro Pics:
            http://bestdestinati....ro-pics-61751/
            Trash the dress!:http://bestdestinati....a-dumas-61397/

#6 Eliana

Eliana
            • 676 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 10:03 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by sungoddess_08
              It's actually been super easy!! This is what we do each day:

My FI makes low fat homemade bran muffins each week so we have one of those for breakfast. (I can post the recipe if you want).

I'm a teacher so during first recess I snack on some of our homemade trail mix (ingredients include pumpkin seeds both hulled and regular, wasabi peas or raisins, sunflower seeds and unsalted peanuts).

For lunch I have a salad with tomatoes, cucumbers, tofu, red peppers and oil/vinegar dressing, and a homemade fruit salad (with 3 kinds of fruit -- grapes, pineapple, blueberries, mango, kiwi, nectarines)

For a snack after school I have a piece of cheese or cottage cheese.

And for dinner we make something that is all fresh vegetables. A good recipe it eggplant, tomatoes, mushrooms and onions in a casserole dish. Or sushi which we make a lot.

In the evening I have a glass of milk and some oranges.

The thing I've found though is that by cutting out ALL processed foods (even granola bars and crackers) we have lost weight and have more energy. We just make everything from scratch and it actually doesn't take any more time than other food we used to make.

For exercise, we live in a 10 floor building so we try to do stairs 4 times a week. Just going up and down 3 times (takes 12 minutes). I also have a workout routine that I can do in front of the tv lol (200 sit ups, 200 crunches, 200 squats and 200 leg-ups).

It's so easy and I feel SOO much better!!
              WOW CONGRATS! I admired you!!!!! yesss, I would love if you could pass me the recepies or any source where I can get them! Thank you so muchhhh AND CONGRATSSS! KEEP IT GOING!!!

#7 damaris

damaris
              • 462 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 10:08 PM

Congratulations. Isn't it an awesome feeling? Especially when family and friends start noticing. Stay focused and keep up the good work.
                65 BOOKED PLUS BRIDE & GROOM

http://global.thekno...rs/tt22b9e.aspx

#8 mnh1983

mnh1983
                • 743 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 10:28 PM

That's awesome! From looking at what you're eating, I take it you are a vegetarian? I'm a vegetarian, so that seems like something easy I could follow.

I feel so stuck. I've lost 50 pounds, but now I've plateaued. I lose a couple of pounds here and there, but maybe something "new" like your meal plan might help me!

#9 jk1101

jk1101
                  • 2,582 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 11:43 PM

Congratulations Sungoddess and everyone else who is working hard to lose some weight - I've lost 15 lbs since September and it is not easy!

#10 wendyjd

wendyjd
                    • 968 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 01:18 AM

Congrats on the weight loss ladies. I'm down about 4 pounds, still a few to go. Any pounds lost is GREAT in my mind.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users