Photo

mexican wedding cookies for mexico brides

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 bnbrmy

bnbrmy
  • 218 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 01:17 PM

Ok as I've said in a past thread my FI and I have decided to do a little recipe book of mexican dishes. His family loves to cook so I thought this would be great for them. While looking for recipes I came across one for mexican wedding cookies. I thought it would be cute to add these to our OOT bags for the guests as well as putting it in our recipe book.

I found the recipe in a search engine but ill put it on here for anyone who might want to do this too.

Mexican wedding cookies
    Servings: 8
    What you need: 1 cup butter, 1/2 cup white sugar, 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, 2 teaspoons water, 2 cups all purpose flour, 1 cup chopped almonds, and 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
    Directions: in a medium bowl cream the butter and sugar.
    Stir in vanilla and water. Add the flour and almonds, mix until blended. Cover and chill for 3 hours. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Shape dough into balls or crescents. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove from pan to cool. When the cookies are cool, roll in confectioners sugar then store at room temperature in an airtight container.

#2 astreit

astreit
    • 182 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 01:54 PM

Very cute idea, thanks for sharing!

#3 Janelley100

Janelley100
      • 297 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 02:12 PM

Wow...both ideas are very creative! Thanks for sharing!

#4 Emmers

Emmers
        • 178 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 04:28 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by bnbrmy
          Ok as I've said in a past thread my FI and I have decided to do a little recipe book of mexican dishes. His family loves to cook so I thought this would be great for them. While looking for recipes I came across one for mexican wedding cookies. I thought it would be cute to add these to our OOT bags for the guests as well as putting it in our recipe book.

I found the recipe in a search engine but ill put it on here for anyone who might want to do this too.

Mexican wedding cookies
          Servings: 8
          What you need: 1 cup butter, 1/2 cup white sugar, 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, 2 teaspoons water, 2 cups all purpose flour, 1 cup chopped almonds, and 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
          Directions: in a medium bowl cream the butter and sugar.
          Stir in vanilla and water. Add the flour and almonds, mix until blended. Cover and chill for 3 hours. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Shape dough into balls or crescents. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove from pan to cool. When the cookies are cool, roll in confectioners sugar then store at room temperature in an airtight container.
          Great idea, thanks! We, too, love to cook/bake and that would be a great addition to the oot bags. Any idea of you will get them safely down to Mexico?

#5 midnight24

midnight24
          • 754 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 04:30 PM

great idea!

sounds yummy!

#6 bnbrmy

bnbrmy
            • 218 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 09:15 PM

I haven't figured out how I'm going to take them. I will probably make them the night before and take them on the plane when we go. If I have any problems with that I might se if the resort can make them fresh and we can stick them in the bags when we get there

#7 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
              • 2,777 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 10:42 PM

You can try and take them with you, but it is prohibited to take homemade baked goods into Mexico. Anything baked that you purchase and is wrapped w/ proper label is allowed. But I'm sure you can find somewhere to pick them up in Mexico. I know in Akumal we bought them for our OOT bags from a bakery in the small town we had our wedding and they were only .30 cents each.

#8 bnbrmy

bnbrmy
                • 218 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 02:41 AM

Oh great! Thanks for the info!

#9 Laur13

Laur13
                  • 179 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 11:50 PM

wow I'm doing the same thing! do you have a picture of your recipe book?

#10 chipotle99

chipotle99
                    • 311 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 03:18 AM

My favorite cookies! yummy!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users