Photo

Palace DJ

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 katrina305

katrina305
  • 91 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 11:30 PM

Does the Palace Resorts have DJ's or can you rent one from somewhere else in Cancun for the reception?

#2 Scorpio30

Scorpio30
    • 87 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 01:24 AM

I believe they have a DJ. In my resort package info it gave me DJ options and pricing.

#3 CristiandJamie

CristiandJamie
      • 445 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 01:50 AM

Hi Katrina, check out the Aventura Spa Palace thread (see attached). There is some information about the DJ/ renting speakers, etc. on there. I hope this helps!

http://bestdestinati....4/index38.html
        Cristi & Jamie
        http://img.weddingco...er/7nhul9k2.png32 guests including Bride and Groom... and counting

#4 KGirl99

KGirl99
        • 189 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 12:48 AM

Palace Resorts has their own DJ. My WC quoted me approx. $1400 for 4 hours. I am currently trying to haggle to see how much it will cost me for 3 hours. In addition, I am requesting that their DJ also serve as part master of ceremonies, cuing guests on certain parts of the reception program.

#5 angelov321

angelov321
          • 548 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 06:41 PM

I just went through this big headache with ASP and this DJ stuff! I tried to hire an outside DJ that charges 50% less than Palace Resorts DJ. They require that the outside DJ purchase a $500,000 insurance policy, which is obviously ridiculous! Right now I am in negotiations with their DJ to see if he can lower his $1495 fee. Renting the sound system with Ipod hook up is a lot cheaper, but you have to make the whole playlist from beginning to end, giving you more work to do.

#6 KGirl99

KGirl99
            • 189 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 11:32 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by angelov321
              I just went through this big headache with ASP and this DJ stuff! I tried to hire an outside DJ that charges 50% less than Palace Resorts DJ. They require that the outside DJ purchase a $500,000 insurance policy, which is obviously ridiculous! Right now I am in negotiations with their DJ to see if he can lower his $1495 fee. Renting the sound system with Ipod hook up is a lot cheaper, but you have to make the whole playlist from beginning to end, giving you more work to do.
              I asked the DJ for 3 hours instead of 4 hours (I don't need him during the cocktail reception) and I got a quote for $1100. He has also other packages. I think the reason why it gets so expensive with their DJ is that he does a lot of add-ons such as the lighting console etc. I am going to ask him if the lighting is absolutely necessary as I already asked DecoCancun to add extra lighting for the event.

#7 angelov321

angelov321
              • 548 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 10:28 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by KGirl99
                I asked the DJ for 3 hours instead of 4 hours (I don't need him during the cocktail reception) and I got a quote for $1100. He has also other packages. I think the reason why it gets so expensive with their DJ is that he does a lot of add-ons such as the lighting console etc. I am going to ask him if the lighting is absolutely necessary as I already asked DecoCancun to add extra lighting for the event.
                In the package list he sent me, no package said lighting included. If that is the case then I wont make such a big deal about the price. I wouldnt mind having that through because the resort charges way too much. The packages he sent me only stated having 2 speakers, 2 mics and the DJ. I wonder if Moon Palace and Aventura Spa use the same company.

#8 orionandmari072510

orionandmari072510
                • 225 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 10:30 AM

Doesnt palace resorts have a disco? Can one hold an event there?

#9 angelov321

angelov321
                  • 548 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 10:36 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by orionandmari072510
                    Doesnt palace resorts have a disco? Can one hold an event there?
                    Do they have a disco, but I dont think anyone can have a reception there. My WC sent me all the locations where I can have a cocktail hour and/or reception and the disco was not apart of that. However, I have heard of some brides going to the disco after the recpetion to continue the party. :)

#10 slapsappyhappy

slapsappyhappy
                    • 443 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 03:38 PM

Yes, since all outside parties have to be over by 10 o clock we are planning to continue the party at the disco! My FI really wants the DJ but I was being cheap and wanted to do the ipod rental. In the file I received this is what it says:

AUX1Dj Package (4 Hours) 0 to 100 Pax
                      AO42Self Amplified Speaker - EV 15" Full Range
                      AA12Self Amplified Speaker - Anchor
                      AIB814 Ch. Audio Mixer 6ch-Mic/Line Input Mackie - 1402
                      AH62Shure UHF-ULXP J1-Combo Mic Wirelles
                      AU30CD Player Double de MP3/CD -Denon DN-6000
                      CDH3Stand for Speaker
                      KA60All cabling, AC extensions and connectors
                      Y0A1DJ Technician
                      LCENLighting Package 8 par of Leds
                      Y030Technician - Setup/Strike

IDK anything about LED lights...