Photo

Make you wedding website interactive!

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 SouthernSweetie

SouthernSweetie
  • 394 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 07:40 PM

I found a great way to add fun and interest to a wedding website and gather valuable information at the same time - adding polls/surveys! Once you register at Create free online surveys and polls with PollDaddy.com - Use our award winning survey software to conduct your research., you can create and design polls or surveys, AND track the results. The process is super easy - much like the one that many of us used to create tickers. Uploading the polls to our free website on mywedding.com was a breeze!

So far, I've added two polls to our site:
    - one asking guests if they plan to arrive in Cancun Thursday or Friday, so I can plan our Welcoming Margarita Mixer party; and
    - one asking guests if they are interested in attending a Post-Wedding Brunch (we don't want to get out of bed if only two people will show up)

There are other options too, including allowing guests to view the results in differents formats, how many times each person is allowed to vote, and letting guests add comments.

I'm hoping that adding the polls will keep the interest going and entice our guests to check in frequently. I'm excited about using this format to gather information and thrilled that its FREE!

#2 AnnaBanana

AnnaBanana
    • 376 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 04:17 PM

Good idea, thanks :)

#3 lovelytlc

lovelytlc
      • 192 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 04:40 PM

Can you post your wedding site? Does it allow you to have guest fill out their address information?

#4 SouthernSweetie

SouthernSweetie
        • 394 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 04:58 PM

My wedding website is: Charlie & Jean - wedding website by mywedding.com
          The wedpass is: la fiesta

You will need to register in the site (free) before you enter the wedpass.

It allows guests to put in an email address that is only visible to you, and they can post comments. You can list instructions for them to post their addresses in the comments section if you'd like. The website does allow you to manage your guest lists with RSVP tallys, exporting your list to a spreadsheet, and tracking meal preferences if you give your guest this option.

#5 jplovesme

jplovesme
          • 385 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 05:04 PM

hmmmmm. great idea! I'm still trying to get our site together, so I may do this.. thanks for sharing!

#6 coley88

coley88
            • 186 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 05:19 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by SouthernSweetie
              I found a great way to add fun and interest to a wedding website and gather valuable information at the same time - adding polls/surveys! Once you register at Create free online surveys and polls with PollDaddy.com - Use our award winning survey software to conduct your research., you can create and design polls or surveys, AND track the results. The process is super easy - much like the one that many of us used to create tickers. Uploading the polls to our free website on mywedding.com was a breeze!

So far, I've added two polls to our site:
              - one asking guests if they plan to arrive in Cancun Thursday or Friday, so I can plan our Welcoming Margarita Mixer party; and
              - one asking guests if they are interested in attending a Post-Wedding Brunch (we don't want to get out of bed if only two people will show up)

There are other options too, including allowing guests to view the results in differents formats, how many times each person is allowed to vote, and letting guests add comments.

I'm hoping that adding the polls will keep the interest going and entice our guests to check in frequently. I'm excited about using this format to gather information and thrilled that its FREE!

I totally just stole your ideas. Thank you for sharing this information it will be SO helpful!!!

#7 lovelytlc

lovelytlc
              • 192 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 12:21 AM

thanks. I am going to add to my site too. I also found a site where you could create surveys, forms, etc. Wufoo: Online HTML Form Builder - Contact, Survey & Payment Forms or Online Web Forms, Surveys & Questionnaires - FormAssembly.com

#8 mbarnes04

mbarnes04
                • 194 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 07:17 PM

that's awesome!!! thanks for the great advice!!

#9 shae

shae
                  • 308 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 02:36 AM

great idea....thanks!

#10 nsimpson

nsimpson
                    • 325 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 01:29 AM

Such a great idea! thanks for sharing
                      Love is a wonderful thing!
                      Nadia and SergeSeptember 2010