Message in a Bottle Invites and Passport Information Brochures andBoarding Pass RSVPs

• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

#71 dominiqueamber

• 923 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 07:13 PM

These are the best invitations I've seen! They incorporate everything! Did you do save the dates as well?

#72 Bride Loving CJ

Bride Loving CJ
    • 278 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 06:44 AM

Also, you can ship these without the box if you want to eliminate cost. I went to the post office and just put .61 stamps on the bottle itself with the label and all of mine arrived safely to their destination.

#73 Ayslinn

• 200 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 07:04 AM

I also would love to know about how you made the passports on vistaprint. was it just a postcard folded in half for the cover? what about the inside printing???

these are amazing.  I might just join the bandwagon and make some too!

#74 ellie0717

• 193 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 07:12 AM

Wow these are so awesom!!!! So much time and effort.  Your guest had to just adore them!

#75 vcwedding2011

• 286 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 05:31 PM

wow even the boxes are so nice...lol 

#76 MissSimone

• 255 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 06:50 PM

this is so nice. i would love to receive something like this in the mail. your guests are so lucky.

#77 nedelka1

• Site Supporter
              • 3 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 10:42 PM

I love your Passport..Do you have a templete for it?

#78 exquisite02

• Site Supporter
                • 121 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 01:00 PM

Totally amazing!!! This is my ideal destination wedding themed idea. Really love the luggage boxes! Very creative!!! Truely the best invitation out there! thank you for also including price and resources!

#79 cindyklassen123

• 40 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 01:13 PM

hi there! can you tell me what you put on those stickers that you stuck to the inside of the box?  i can't think of anything to put on our stickers!

#80 OceanWonderland

• 177 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 02:27 PM

Oh man, such a funny story! But like I mentioned earlier, I did a very similar message in a bottle invitation, except one of the major things I did differently was tie a starfish to the end of the raffia and had that attached to the paper rolled up and the starfish was dangling outside the bottle. I thought it would be obvious that if you pulled on the starfish then the note would come out. BUT my fiance just told me that one of his friends called and was like "why the hell did you make such a hard invitation to read? i had to dump the sand and shells all over my carpet so i could get out the invitation!"........ hahahahahahah i couldn't believe it!!! Just had to share! So whatever you do write on the sticker on the box, make sure it also suggests pulling the raffia to get the message out. So far he's the only one that's commented on being confused about how to get it out though, and we sent it to 100 peeps - not too bad.

Also, I defintely recommend adding a scent to your bottles. What I did is bought coconut fragrance oil and just rolled it on the end of the corks and by the time the guests got it the smell had infused into the sand/bottle. The first thing they all tell me is how great they smell! One of my cousins actually asked where I bought the sand, and I was very confused why he cared. And then he mentioned it's because it smelled so good!! hahahahaha Gotta love it :)

Leslie and Aaron ~ Dreams Tulum ~ November 15, 2010
                      Our wedding slideshow from the amazing William Sanchez: http://www.williamsa...aron/slideshow/
                      And our TTD session (William Sanchez and Ivan Luckie): http://www.williamsa...slie aaron/ttd/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users