Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
shurbgatza

2011 Prices

Recommended Posts

^ That's what we're all doing. :) But it's not as simple as just keep switching until you find the right price because then it may not be the right place. I think many of us know the right price IS there for the right place, it's just not available at the right TIME.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikegirl View Post
^ That's what we're all doing. :) But it's not as simple as just keep switching until you find the right price because then it may not be the right place. I think many of us know the right price IS there for the right place, it's just not available at the right TIME.
well said!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had such a hard time finding a "reasonable price" this far in advance!

I guess hands are tied when trying to book a group a year ahead of time- 10mths before... just have to pray that rates drop..fencing.gif

 

Its tricky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a question about when the deposit is due on the resort. From what I understand, once you're happy with the price that the TA has quoted then you have a limited time frame (about a week) to put a deposit down. What are you guys doing about this? Are you putting down the deposit yourselves and estimating how many rooms you'll need? OR Are you calling/emailing your guests and telling them they have to put a deposit down if they want to go? My TA did say that if you need more rooms than the number you put the deposit down for then you can get them, but the rates aren't guaranteed for them, meaning they may increase. My FI and I don't feel comfortable putting down a deposit on a certain number of rooms based on the people that say they will be coming, because they may change their minds and decide not to come. I just don't want to lose that money. Just wanted to know what everyone else is doing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all-

 

I already posted this is in the 2011 brides thread, but I went to Funjet's website (for the 1,000th time LOL) on Sunday just to check out rates and noticed that they now have a 25% off early booking discount on a lot of Riviera Maya resorts. Go to their site and see if yours is included!

 

Mine is . . . Hurray!! For a week with nonstop flight, the rate is down to about 1720! Still above my 1500 goal, but a damn good improvement from what it was!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by debbmach View Post
I have a question about when the deposit is due on the resort. From what I understand, once you're happy with the price that the TA has quoted then you have a limited time frame (about a week) to put a deposit down. What are you guys doing about this? Are you putting down the deposit yourselves and estimating how many rooms you'll need? OR Are you calling/emailing your guests and telling them they have to put a deposit down if they want to go? My TA did say that if you need more rooms than the number you put the deposit down for then you can get them, but the rates aren't guaranteed for them, meaning they may increase. My FI and I don't feel comfortable putting down a deposit on a certain number of rooms based on the people that say they will be coming, because they may change their minds and decide not to come. I just don't want to lose that money. Just wanted to know what everyone else is doing.
I am going to give my guests (have a very small number coming aprox 8 couples) and estimate when i will be securing the rate (example Jan), and give them the heads up at that time they will have a week (or whatever the time frame might be each tour operator is different) to get the deposits in. I can't afford to put deposits down for everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like the rates are starting to come out for February 2011! I can book online now for the Majestic Colonial (January 29 - February 5) for $1389 + $329 taxes. Not so bad... but I'm hoping the group rates will be better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i got prices for the Barcelo Colonial in Mayan Riviera out of Edmonton for 2473 tax transfers included for 2 weeks! we gave a deposit and she said once the prices goes down we can do a one time price match! so it might go down like 200 pp or so or even more!

 

cheesy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×