Time line for Invitations

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mccrary

• 45 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 02:11 AM

I dont know when I should send out invitations? Three two months in advance? How long should I give for RSVP to be returned a month? Help please

I want to make sure I give our guest enough time but at the same time I dont want to send them out too soon that people forget about them at the bottom of the mail pile. I just sent out of STD this past week. So there is a heads up I guess

#2 carolina24

• 1,573 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 01:11 PM

we're getting married sept 24 2010. sent out STDs oct 2009. will send out invitations april 2010 with an RSVP of Aug 1 2010.

#3 KarenM

• 1,920 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 03:28 PM

I think with a DW the typical 3 months notice of an invite isn't adequate time for guests to plan, but that probably isn't everyone's experience.

It depends on where your wedding is, booking deadlines w/ TA's & how much time you want to give people to save up. We're getting married in Puerto Vallarta at the end of May & sent out STD's last June/July and invitations at the end of October. Our booking deadline was Jan 5th & we wanted to make sure to give people about a year to plan.

When is your wedding? Since you've already sent out your STD's you may be able to wait a little longer before sending out invites - depending on whether you have a booking deadline with a TA/hotel.

good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users