Posted 11 February 2010 - 10:59 PM

No worries it is fine. Thanks anyways.

#22 Princess402

Princess402
    • 737 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 05:02 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Tammy Host
      We have about 8 rooms. We have every 6th room free.
      Sorry, don't mean to hijack, but...
      my TA told me that the 6th room free promo was not good for weddings!!! Was she wrong? Dreams gave her/us every 12th person free.

#23 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
      • 11,659 posts
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 12 February 2010 - 05:57 PM

it depends on what promos were running at the time contracts were requested...i have a 6th room free with a wedding but things may be different for canadian wholesalers...not sure.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
      Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
      Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
      Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
      sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
      Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#24 Cindy*

Cindy*
      • 2,655 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 08:27 PM

I am booking Dreams Los Cabos for my October wedding using a Canadian tour operator and we also have the sixth room free (based on five rooms double occupancy).

#25 Princess402

Princess402
        • 737 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 02:07 AM

For you ladies that got this sixth room free, were kids free for your group? We did get kids free and so my TA is saying that this helps to make up for the fact that we are getting less people/rooms free... unless of course you all are getting both these perks!!! I think we have something like 18 rooms booked so far, so these details make a big difference to us.

It's so tough cause I know that these contracts fluctuate and that you can't always compare your contract to everyone else's... but I truly am a frugal princess and want it all for less!

#26 Megan24

Megan24
          • 271 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 05:46 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Princess402
            For you ladies that got this sixth room free, were kids free for your group? We did get kids free and so my TA is saying that this helps to make up for the fact that we are getting less people/rooms free... unless of course you all are getting both these perks!!! I think we have something like 18 rooms booked so far, so these details make a big difference to us.

It's so tough cause I know that these contracts fluctuate and that you can't always compare your contract to everyone else's... but I truly am a frugal princess and want it all for less!
            You should be getting kids for free no matter what. I would talk to your travel agent. Have you talked to you agent about getting the 6th room for free? I would if I were you.

#27 mwcfarms

mwcfarms
            • 266 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 11:21 PM

Wow we booked with a TA and didnt get anything at all for free. No upgrades and I had to pay for my kids. We have 9 rooms booked at the resort. Bummer. Wish someone had pointed in the direction of something like this back when we were booking.

#28 Eliana

Eliana
              • 676 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 11:23 PM

That's a grea tip!

#29 KGraham27

KGraham27
                • 155 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 10:05 PM

This is a great thread! I'll be sure to ask my TA about free room deals and upgrades!

#30 Princess402

Princess402
                  • 737 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 03:30 PM

I'm so grateful for this thread, and thanks so much ladies (Tammy, Megan, rdsjcr, etc.) for info on that 6th room free promo! I bugged my TA and she was able to get the resort manager to apply the new promo to our exisiting and future bookings - yippee!!!

P.S. Megan, you asked earlier whether it was usual to have to pay for all the rooms up front and then get credited back for your free rooms at the end - this is also what I have been told by my TA. I've also been told that the amount you get discounted back might be slightly less than you think because it is based on their wholesale room rates and not necessarily the rate you and your guests are paying (?).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users