Photo

First Dance Song Choice?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 stevensFiance

stevensFiance
  • 164 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 05:31 PM

So for the longest time my fiance and I thought we already had our song choice, "this years love" by David Gray
    DAVID GRAY LYRICS - This Years Love

After really sitting down and looking over the lyrics with a girlfriend of mine, I feel like maybe it isnt the right choice? They talk about one more chance and lies and cutting like a knife, lol. I asked my dj and he said the decision is our but he did say that alot of couples he has worked with used this as "thier song"
    The song literally gives me chills, and my fiance well he probably has no clue what the lyrics are but thinks its beautiful, its in the movie "the girl next door"
    opinions please??

He asked, I said YES!!! 1 <3 21 <3 04 - 5 <3 13 <3 08

#2 ~Nicole~

~Nicole~
    • 4,512 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 01:26 PM

I walked down the aisle to this and my sister was giving me a hard time about my choice for the same reason - the lyrics. I told her to shut up and she could pick what she wanted for her own wedding and I used it anyways lol. I picked it for the feeling of the song, not the lyrics. If you want it I say go for it!
      *Formerly Nikki07*
      My Planning Thread

#3 Cindy*

Cindy*
      • 2,655 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 01:44 PM

My ex-boyfriend played guitar and sang very well. At his best friend's wedding, they asked him to play/sing this song when the bride walked in. The set up at the wedding was that the bride walked down a long stairway to make her entrance. He made one small change to the lyrics (sang "is gonna last" instead of "had better last"). It was amazing. Everyone raved about how amazing it was. It was really powerful and beautiful. If I didn't associate the song with my ex, I would consider this song.

#4 jenne

jenne
        • 278 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 10:31 PM

I LOVE this song! If you didn't use any song because of a few lyrics... there wouldn't really be any songs left! I just got goosebumps listening to it and it just makes me want to close my eyes and slow dance. :)
          Jennifer

#5 KimmyD

KimmyD
          • 351 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 11:04 AM

I thought of using that song but i don't like some of the lyrics either. I am freaky about it having the right lyrics and "fit us". I am thinking of using Better by Tom Baxter. Beautiful Lyrics - I'm still torn.
            http://global.thekno...rs/tt4304d.aspx
            28 Booked + Bride & Groom
            78 Room Nights!

#6 stevensFiance

stevensFiance
            • 164 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 08:57 PM

With this song in particular it was never much about the lyrics, more that the song every time without fail gives me goosebumps. Im saying screw it and going with the song, lol. Thanks for the help girls.
              He asked, I said YES!!! 1 <3 21 <3 04 - 5 <3 13 <3 08

#7 LynnieS

LynnieS
              • 319 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 09:55 PM

I agree, go for it. Its a perfect choice
                yay. . . we're gradu-umtaded!!!

#8 lstaff

lstaff
                • 48 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 03:00 PM

I wasn't sure what I was going to use as our first dance song until a coworker had me listen to Someone Like You by Van Morrison. My fiance loves it too, and it just seems classic to me... not one that i am going to get sick of hearing after awhile. ya know?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users