Photo

Destination Wedding Invitation Acceptance Percentage

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 mwheat

mwheat
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 01:29 AM

Hello all! I am currently in the beginning stages of planning my wedding in PV and I am trying to compile my guest list. Does anyone know what the average acceptance rate is for destination weddings? Thanks for your help!

#2 Jess

Jess
    • 4,455 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 09:16 PM

thats a tough call as it is based on the group you are inviting- but we have about 50% come from our list

#3 weddinggirl72

weddinggirl72
      • 139 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 12:56 AM

When we were sending out our invitations we had two lists, one of people who we KNEW would come and one that was just like an announcement list. Well the interesting thing is there have been some people who we knew would come but it turns out they cant (b/c pregnancies, job stuff, financial, etc) and some people who knew wouldn't come but it turns out they are coming! It helped us to have two mailings, as some people sent in No's or called to tell us no we were able to mail out additional invitations (obviously you cant do this to people in the same social circle). If my fiance's relatives turned in a no then I would then send an invitation to one of my cousins. There is no set formula for destination weddings so we had to wing it...I hope this helps...
        So far 68 RSVP's and 56 people are booked to stay at the resort!

#4 JaimeandBrandon

JaimeandBrandon
        • 370 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 01:43 AM

I'm getting married in PV too! My wedding is in October and we're already at 50%... so we invited 80 people and 40 people have booked so far.

#5 Mel&B

Mel&B
          • 613 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 01:09 PM

We had about 50% of invited guests attend the wedding. It's about what we expected. DW's are so interesting because people will always surprise you! Some people that you didn't think would come will say yes and other you thought would be there may not make it. If I have one regret, it would be not inviting more people that I thought wouldn't make it- who knows they may have come, and I now fee bad for not sending them an invite.

#6 1elephant

1elephant
            • VIP Member
            • 15,998 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 05:25 PM

we had about 1/3, but we would have had more if we didn't go to pv.

you may want to pose this question in the general forum for more responses.

#7 vdaybride

vdaybride
              • 1,412 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 05:33 PM

We had a little over 50% say yes. I am sure that whoever shows up are the people that were meant to be there. Good luck
                Married 2-14-2010 Dreams, Los Cabos

#8 KarenM

KarenM
                • 1,920 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 07:08 PM

I agree it depends on your group, where everyone is coming from & the destination. We have a little more than 50% coming.
                  Good luck!

#9 jplovesme

jplovesme
                  • 385 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 07:14 PM

Thanks, all! Good to know!

#10 *Karla*

*Karla*
                    • 4,854 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 07:20 PM

Ditto on the 50%. When we sent out our invites, we basically knew who would come and who wouldn't. Some of the invites were really just courtesy invites and served more as announcements than anything else. We invited about 75 people and had about 40 at the wedding.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users