Photo

Has anyone ordered the TwoBirds Bridesmaid dress?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 ~Angela~

~Angela~
  • 4,172 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 05:20 PM

Hi ladies,

So, I came across this dress http://www.twobirdsb...d.com/main.html online awhile ago and fell in love with the idea because I have all different sized BMs, and this dress offers plenty of options.

I have a sample at my house right now and all my BMs have seen it/tried it on. They all really like it, are ok with the price, and believe that this really is a dress that they will wear again.

What I am wondering is if anyone has actually ordered this dress from them?

Up until this point, the service I have received has not been great. I gave my credit card number, they charged it immediately and I didn't get the dress till a month later. When it arrived, it had my wrong house number and street name spelled wrong even though I had given the proper one. They also sent me a shorter dress with a butterfly hem, when I requested the long ballgown. I have also emailed them about their trunk show that is coming to Toronto and have had no response as of yet.

Basically, I am just wondering if you have an experience to share about this company. I know there are similar options (Dessy, Victoria's Secret) but so far, this is the best quality and fit. I just don't want any major bumps along the way.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

#2 whitechocolate

whitechocolate
    • 127 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 05:27 PM

I clicked on the link, but it said page not found...?

#3 ~Angela~

~Angela~
      • 4,172 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 05:31 PM

Should be fixed now! I had a ) in there that needed to be taken out!

#4 whitechocolate

whitechocolate
        • 127 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 05:40 PM

Yep! I checked it out; obviously I have not ordered from them but I love the idea! Haha, not much help, I know!

#5 P&B2010

P&B2010
          • 33 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 10:09 PM

I didn't order those dresses for my bridesmaids but loved the idea. I do know someone who had those dresses for her bridesmaids and am not aware of her having any problems. It's too bad that you've had bad luck so far, but maybe just make sure to order them far in advance? Good luck!

#6 Emmers

Emmers
            • 178 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 10:20 PM

I didn't order this but I JUST saw it on David Tutoro's (sp?) My Fair Wedding yesterday and loved it. Each BM could choose the best fit for their figure, which was certainly a plus. In hindsight, I wish I had considered this over the different styles I chose.

#7 snoopAsh

snoopAsh
              • 400 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 02:22 PM

A friend of mine had her girls wear this dress in her wedding. they all loved them and they all looked beautiful! : )

I think that it is a good idea! PLUS the fabic is really soft. :)
                http://i682.photobuc....curb/th_55.jpg
                May 29, 2010
                Cancun, Mexico

#8 iheartbees

iheartbees
                • 14 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 03:25 PM

Hey Angela... I read somewhere that White Toronto was having a trunk show, and Two Birds was a part of it, but that was earlier in the month.

(Found the link! Last mention under Fashion:
                  Sales roundup: 60 per cent off at Jacflash, Canopy Blue, Holt Renfrew, Fluevog, Robber and more | Good Stuff Cheap | torontolife.com )

If that was it, it's too bad they didn't get back to you in time! Hopefully the issues you're having get resolved SOON.

#9 roo66

roo66
                  • 1,001 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 04:37 PM

These dresses look fabulous.Could you make contact with them and say you need some assurance that things will run smoothly.Explain the hiccups youve had and you never know they may give you a discount.Is there a phone number? i would try calling them i find its better to build a rapport with someone.Theres no guarantee but the dresses look so fab id give it a go.Worth the effort and chewed fingernails in my opinion xx

#10 jplovesme

jplovesme
                    • 385 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 09:25 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by ~Angela~
                      Hi ladies,

So, I came across this dress twobirds bridesmaid online awhile ago and fell in love with the idea because I have all different sized BMs, and this dress offers plenty of options.

I have a sample at my house right now and all my BMs have seen it/tried it on. They all really like it, are ok with the price, and believe that this really is a dress that they will wear again.

What I am wondering is if anyone has actually ordered this dress from them?

Up until this point, the service I have received has not been great. I gave my credit card number, they charged it immediately and I didn't get the dress till a month later. When it arrived, it had my wrong house number and street name spelled wrong even though I had given the proper one. They also sent me a shorter dress with a butterfly hem, when I requested the long ballgown. I have also emailed them about their trunk show that is coming to Toronto and have had no response as of yet.

Basically, I am just wondering if you have an experience to share about this company. I know there are similar options (Dessy, Victoria's Secret) but so far, this is the best quality and fit. I just don't want any major bumps along the way.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!
                      I didn't get to read through all the responses to the initial thread, but I wanted to suggest Isadora Clothing from Etsy. Isadora by isadoraclothing on Etsy

Her Cameleon Dresses are identical to TwoBirds (which I saw on David Tutera's show too). I ordered three pieces from her cuz I loved working with her. So easy. Her name's vanessa, I think. If you already decided, that's ok, but anyone else interested in the versatile style, Isadora Clothing makes awesome dresses (I think she gives discounts for bridal parties).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users