Photo

All Paloma Blanca/Mikaella Brides Post Here :)

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#41 roxyqt

roxyqt
  • 165 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 04:47 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AllieC
    Hey roxyqt, we're getting married at the Ocean Key Resort in Key West. We're doing a brunch since the cruise is only there until 2 pm. Where are you getting married?
    Ohh!! your going to love it!!! Such a pretty location!!! We are tentatively getting married a beach house that is owed by one of my friends Aunts, but since we are getting married later than we first decided on we are adding more people and we are afraid that we might not have enough room, so we are looking into 3 different spots, Casa Marina, Laconcha Crown Plaza, and Pier House. We should be making a decision soon, my FI is going for a trip in July with his buddies so he is being forced :) to make a few trips to the venues to scope them out. :) He loves me :).
    Best Wishes on your Wedding!!!!!!

#42 roxyqt

roxyqt
    • 165 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 04:50 PM

Hi Ladies!! What is everyone wearing for jewelry. I am wearing a pearl bracelet and drop earrings :) I just got my earrings in today so I will post some pictures later tonight :)

#43 meldal101010

meldal101010
      • 444 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 02:06 PM

Hey

Just wondering if anyone had done a TTD in their Paloma dress I didn't buy an extra dress & definitley don't want to but can't validate ruining a $2500 dress.

#44 erinbrooke124

erinbrooke124
        • 282 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 06:01 PM

I love both Palmoa and Mikaella dresses! I haven't started trying on dresses yet, but definitely plan on trying on both of these. I think they have the slightest Spanish feel to some of them which I love. I'm not sure if they'll be in my price point though

June 14, 2011 <3
          Photographer:Sascha Gluck
          Hair/Makeup: Fernando Fuentes
          Dress: Blue by Enzoani - Casablanca :: Bridesmaids: Alfred Angelo Pure 7108/7109
          Booked:Bride+Groom+35 Guests

#45 roxyqt

roxyqt
          • 165 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 01:31 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by meldal101010
            Hey

Just wondering if anyone had done a TTD in their Paloma dress I didn't buy an extra dress & definitley don't want to but can't validate ruining a $2500 dress.
            I thought about it but after talking to my Bridal Salon, I decided I didn't want to chance ruining my dress forever (more than likely I will plan on selling my dress to another beautiful bride for her to enjoy after my wedding) :). Silk and Water no not mix , oh well. Call the Cleaners you are going to use after the wedding and ask them for advise :).
            Maybe you can do another type of TTD without water :), a Fun Photo Shoot in your dress the day after the wedding, something festive and full of vibrant Mexican Colors, or travel to a Historical spot :).

I bought a less expensive BCBG white long dress ($150, new off Ebay) to wear if I decide to do a TTD, it's something that I can wear again or to my rehearsal if I decide not to do the TTD.
            Good Luck and Let us know what you decide :)

#46 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 8,569 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 01:33 AM

I wore my Michaela dress all thru the wedding, in the ocean and it was fine, looked just like any other wedding dress after a wedding.

To this day i have not had it dry cleaned and for shits and giggles I still wear it when I vaccum the house!LOL!

#47 roxyqt

roxyqt
              • 165 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 01:38 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by erinbrooke124
                I love both Palmoa and Mikaella dresses! I haven't started trying on dresses yet, but definitely plan on trying on both of these. I think they have the slightest Spanish feel to some of them which I love. I'm not sure if they'll be in my price point though
                I found in my dress shopping that the Paloma's where between $1600-$2400. The Mikaella's $1200-$1800. But I am sure there are deals out there. Let us know if you find one you like, someone might be able to help you find one for a great price for you.
                Also if you find one you love, look into buying a used one :), we Brides take great care of our wedding gowns :), and most are only worn for a few hours, you might be able to find the gown of your dreams for a price of your dreams :)!!
                Good Luck :)

#48 wnmrtn8

wnmrtn8
                • 170 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 01:48 AM

Hi Girls,

I am also a Mikaella bride. I also bought style 1406 I love the dress. Its taking exactly 6 months to get it. I can't wait to wear it. You can also shop around different stores the 1 st store I saw it was 1,500 and the second store was $1,200 and the sale's lady gave me 100 discount. It doesn't hurt to ask.

#49 roxyqt

roxyqt
                  • 165 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 03:41 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Erika J
                    I wore my Michaela dress all thru the wedding, in the ocean and it was fine, looked just like any other wedding dress after a wedding.

To this day i have not had it dry cleaned and for shits and giggles I still wear it when I vaccum the house!LOL!
                    :) I'm sure many of us do this (I know I've had mine on a few times since receiving it :), I have to make sure it still fits:) ), FI almost caught me one time when he came home early! haha
                    What is the material of your dress? I think that has a big factor in whether or not you can get it wet. When I told my bridal salon that I wanted to do a TTD with my Raw Dupioni Silk gown, I thought they were going to faint!! They even suggested if I was to spill something on it to not put water or any type of liquid on the material, just to blot...

#50 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 8,569 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 04:23 PM

Being an old married lady now, I have seen everyone's dresses that have gone in the water..ALL MATERIALS.. and not a single person on this forum that I have seen said their dress was ruined by the water.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users