Photo

what are your parents wearing to the ceremony?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#11 Island Bride

Island Bride
  • 330 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 02:05 AM

My mom actually got a sexy dress! haha, I love it! It has a whole cut out in the shape of a diamond a little under her boobs! ohhh lala! Its pink of coarse. My colors are pink and orange.. My FI's mom KNOWS THIS and bought a NAYY BLUE dress! I did want everyone to match at least a little. She is footing most of the bill for our wedding so I really cant complain to much, but couldnt she of at least picked a sea blue

#12 simplnsweet

simplnsweet
    • 323 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 02:17 AM

this is a great thread. i hope others post their mother's dresses on here so I can see. my MIL to be asked me what my mom was planning to wear. I don't think it even crossed her mind yet. It certainly did not cross mine.

#13 clfaidl2

clfaidl2
      • 333 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 12:30 AM

Jess...that's tough...hopefully they can agree on something, that makes it hard on you. I'm sorry. Can you maybe suggest something you like and say you would really like it if they wore that?

Island bride- that's nice of your MIL to foot a lot of the bill, but i agree a sea blue would look nicer...more beachy. Well i'm sure it will look fine and you'll be having your dream wedding, so that's all that matters. Everything will work out just fine! :)

simplnsweet- that would be so great if ppl would post pictures, it would be very helpful. I feel like i'm stalking peoples photos from their weddings to spy what their parents wore. Haha, sad i know.
        ~Christina~

#14 roo66

roo66
        • 1,001 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 08:13 AM

My mum has bought a long black dress which has a black ang gold chunky buckle thing at the boob.I wanted her to pick something more tropical but im not wearing it.I bought her some gold coloured bangles to go with it and im going to find pink and turquoise to add.
          She has some gold flipflops BUT im going to look for pink/gold/turquoise
          LOL
          Pauls mum has a turquoise, brown with white dress.Its long but my issue with her is her footwear canvas shoes "i dont think so"
          Pauls dad has the same baby blue linen trousers as Paul and my boys have. He just needs a shirt white linen i guess.
          I do think my mum will continue to look for another dress

#15 inanna

inanna
          • 54 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 11:26 AM

My mom wore a silk BCBG dress (sorry the pic is so small):
            Click the image to open in full size.

MIL (in the center) wore a long periwinkle blue dress. I'm not sure what brand. Christian's stepmom (on far left) wore a long Calvin Klein deep blue dress. You can also see my bridesmaids and Christian's Aunt and Grandma's outfits in this pic:

This isn't the greatest pic of my FIL's suit, but he wore an ivory suit jacket and pants with a navy blue t-shirt underneath. He was going for a Miami Vice look (I really liked it).

#16 Island Bride

Island Bride
            • 330 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 03:48 AM

Here is my mothers "sexy" dress I spoke of..

anddd... here is the FMIL's non-color-confiant dress..

#17 SuzyQ76

SuzyQ76
              • 484 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 04:35 AM

There is a thread already about this that people have posted lots of pics on, someone had already mentioned it and posted the link but here it is again in case you guys want to check it out:

And here's my FMIL's dress...(again not her in the pic!)

Our Wedding Day, April 29, 2010
                Grand Riviera Princess

http://i783.photobuc....quotesmall.jpg
                My Grand Riviera/Sunset Princess Review:http://bestdestinati....7/#post1283438

#18 clfaidl2

clfaidl2
                • 333 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 02:11 AM

Keep the pictures comin ladies :)
                  ~Christina~

#19 carolina24

carolina24
                  • 1,573 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 02:34 PM

i think mom's being more casual is fine, but is your dad walking you down the aisle? if so, he should be a bit more formal b/c as you said your dress and your bridal party attire is more formal. if dad is walking you, then he should blend in more, imo.

#20 azulskies

azulskies
                    • 1,131 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 04:15 PM

This is the dress my mom is wearing. I love it and it's perfect for the ceremony. We're having a luau reception so she's going to change into something more casual for that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users