Jump to content

Photo

Where are my Edmonton, AB ladies at?


  • Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

#41 CanadianLindsey

CanadianLindsey
  • Jr. Member
  • 284 posts

    Posted 26 July 2010 - 04:32 PM

    Has anyone found a marriage commisioner in Edmonton to do their legal ceremony? We are doing a symbolic ceremony in Mexico to avoid the paperwork and blood tests, so we need to do the legal stuff here. I found a list through www.servicealberta.ab.ca of names in the Edm area, but I have no clue where to start. It seems that $100 is the lowest for a legal only "ceremony", plus the costs of the licence and certificate. Does anyone have any advice or recommendations?

    #42 akua420

    akua420
    • Jr. Member
    • 301 posts

      Posted 03 August 2010 - 02:08 PM

      Sheila2011 - Your dress looks pretty much identical to mine!  I love it, but maybe I'm biased, hahaha.  I got my dress from ABC bridal, it looks really ghetto but me and my mom decided to check it out, we'd already been to so many other shops, and there it was!  I fell in love, and I didn't want to rush, so I went home to think about it and went back the next day to buy it! 


      Gran Bahia Principe - Runaway Bay - February 22, 2011

      #43 akua420

      akua420
      • Jr. Member
      • 301 posts

        Posted 03 August 2010 - 02:11 PM

        lowkeybride - I did have peoiple to help, but in the end it didn't matter because as soon as I found the dress, I just knew, and didn't need anybodies opinion, I mean they loved it, but even if they hated it it didn't matter. 


        Gran Bahia Principe - Runaway Bay - February 22, 2011

        #44 akua420

        akua420
        • Jr. Member
        • 301 posts

          Posted 03 August 2010 - 02:16 PM



          Originally Posted by CanadianLindsey 

          Has anyone found a marriage commisioner in Edmonton to do their legal ceremony? We are doing a symbolic ceremony in Mexico to avoid the paperwork and blood tests, so we need to do the legal stuff here. I found a list through www.servicealberta.ab.ca of names in the Edm area, but I have no clue where to start. It seems that $100 is the lowest for a legal only "ceremony", plus the costs of the licence and certificate. Does anyone have any advice or recommendations?

          http://www.servicealberta.ca/1156.cfm

           

          There is a listing of all the marraige commisioners in Alberta, and the emails and websites and stuff.  I'd try contacting a whole bunch to see who can give you the best price. I'm lucky I picked Jamaica beacuse we don't have to worry about translation, or blood work.  The resort takes care of it ALL for you with the wedding package, so less stress for me.  The only thing I have to do it order long-form birth certificates.

           

          Sorry I had 3 posts in a row, I just discovered the forum and went through all the pages this afternoon, hahaha.

           


          Gran Bahia Principe - Runaway Bay - February 22, 2011

          #45 lowkeybride

          lowkeybride
          • Newbie
          • 38 posts

            Posted 04 August 2010 - 05:44 PM



            Originally Posted by akua420 

            lowkeybride - I did have peoiple to help, but in the end it didn't matter because as soon as I found the dress, I just knew, and didn't need anybodies opinion, I mean they loved it, but even if they hated it it didn't matter. 


            I hope I fall in love with one right away so I won't have to doubt my decision! Still haven't gone dress shopping since a few months back...eventually! We're even still thinking of a December wedding, so I better get moving eh? Any suggestions on where to find a dress off the rack?
             



            #46 nmurch

            nmurch
            • Jr. Member
            • 396 posts

              Posted 04 August 2010 - 07:29 PM

              my wedding is in a jan and i needed to get a rush rush on mine and costed me 300 bucks extra and i got it about 1 month ago!... good luck with finding your dress, hopefully you can fit a sample etc.. and then get it altered etc!

               

              hope you find the dress of your dreams, let us know when you do!!
               

              Originally Posted by lowkeybride 




              I hope I fall in love with one right away so I won't have to doubt my decision! Still haven't gone dress shopping since a few months back...eventually! We're even still thinking of a December wedding, so I better get moving eh? Any suggestions on where to find a dress off the rack?
               




              jan 11 cant come soon enough...

              #47 Nessa682

              Nessa682
              • Newbie
              • 14 posts

                Posted 05 August 2010 - 07:50 AM

                Hello Ladies.....I am from Edmonton my name is Vanessa and Fiances name is Patrick.  We are getting married in April 2011 at the Barcelo Maya Palace in Mayan Riviera. and it is great to have found a group of ladies to share the experience of planning with.  Just started looking for dresses and hope to find the one soon.  :)    Look forward to hearing from everyone.  

                 

                Vanessa



                #48 akua420

                akua420
                • Jr. Member
                • 301 posts

                  Posted 05 August 2010 - 08:32 AM



                   

                  Originally Posted by lowkeybride 




                  I hope I fall in love with one right away so I won't have to doubt my decision! Still haven't gone dress shopping since a few months back...eventually! We're even still thinking of a December wedding, so I better get moving eh? Any suggestions on where to find a dress off the rack?
                   



                  I found mine at ABC Bridal on 118 ave near downtown, but I went to a bunch of other ones.  Wedding World had a pretty good selection of off the rack too, but I found they had a lot of the same style, they didn't have any unique cuts and the ones I did find were like $5000 and I wasn't going to spend that much.  I'm not spending more on the dress then the wedding!!!

                   

                  I'd stay away from West Ed, they charge much higher prices beacuse of the cost to rent a store in the mall, so you'd be throwing your money away.  I'm a MOH at my BFFs wedding and I went there to try on the dress she wanted me to buy, it was almost $50 cheaper than other stores.

                   


                  Gran Bahia Principe - Runaway Bay - February 22, 2011

                  #49 Pelican10

                  Pelican10
                  • Newbie
                  • 35 posts

                    Posted 05 August 2010 - 09:00 AM

                    I found my maggie dress at Bridal Debut south location.  I actually ended up buying it off the rack, it was discontinued the same week it was brought in and I bought it...so not many people tried it on and a fabulous price. Great selection, and very helpful.  The lady in alterations is very nice and very knowledgable. 

                    Good luck in all your planning everyone!



                    #50 lowkeybride

                    lowkeybride
                    • Newbie
                    • 38 posts

                      Posted 05 August 2010 - 05:20 PM


                      Would you suggest calling ahead to places to see if you can purchase samples...or just go and wing it??
                       

                      Originally Posted by Pelican10 

                      I found my maggie dress at Bridal Debut south location.  I actually ended up buying it off the rack, it was discontinued the same week it was brought in and I bought it...so not many people tried it on and a fabulous price. Great selection, and very helpful.  The lady in alterations is very nice and very knowledgable. 

                      Good luck in all your planning everyone!



                       






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users