Photo

Where are my Edmonton, AB ladies at?

• Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

#1 kymkymkym

kymkymkym
  • 217 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 02:30 AM

I noticed there is a thread for Calgary, Red Deer & Fort Mac brides but nothing for Edmonton - I'm sure I seen a few brides from my neck of the woods on here! So I thought I might as well start something for all of us Edmonton brides..

I'm Kym - Fiance is Bryan and we live just south of Edmonton, I think it would be nice to chat and share some ideas with girls that are in the same region as me..

Where did you purchase your wedding dress from?

#2 lowkeybride

lowkeybride
    • 38 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 05:19 PM

I'm from Edmonton as well, but we're just starting to really plan our wedding and I haven't gone dress shopping once. We just decided (or have discussed and agreed) that we are likely going to elope so I'm struggling with the dress situation. If I invite friends, family to help me shop, they're going to find out that the planning has started and we want to keep it a secret :) Where did you get yours?

#3 L&C In Love

L&C In Love
      • 245 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 08:19 PM

Hey there I am from Edmonton! Good idea starting this!
        I am just in the works with my TA about booking at the Catalonia Yucatan (also known as the Catalonia Riviera Maya) for May 2011.
        I haven't gone dress shopping but I am working on getting my save the dates, most likely from Visa Print and my will you be my bridemaid card from a seller off Etsy!

I was thinking of a few places in Edmonton though for dresses, like the Bridal House or maybe a few places downtown. I have heard they are really snobby at the Bridal House thought and I don't really want to deal with that! Haha I was thinking of maybe taking a girls trip to Calgary to look there.

Have you gone anywhere yet looking?

Oh and my name is Lacey and my fiance's name is Curtis

#4 sheila2011

sheila2011
        • 105 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 08:25 PM

Another Edmonton bride here!

My name is Sheila (fiance is Mike) and we are getting married January 2011 at the Grand Palladium Bavaro in Punta Cana! I actually went dress shopping and fell in love with a dress at Bridal Debut in Sherwood Park. I had a good experience there and loved the service I got!

And yes, great idea starting this thread!
          Counting down to January 17th in Punta Cana!

#5 lowkeybride

lowkeybride
          • 38 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 10:24 PM

I've heard that Bridal Debut is good, I was thinking of starting at the South Edmonton location and go from there...I'm in love with Maggie Sottero dresses and I'm pretty sure they carry a few of the ones I've been eyeing!

#6 sheila2011

sheila2011
            • 105 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 08:49 PM

I went into Bridal Debut wanting a Maggie dress too, and ended up with something completely different! It was the sales girls' suggestion and man was she right. Good luck, I am sure it will go well!

#7 lowkeybride

lowkeybride
              • 38 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 09:12 PM

Thanks! I went today and definitely could not make a decision...there are too many to choose from! I narrowed it down to three, and I think I'm going to try Bridal House and the Sherwood Park Bridal Debut before I make a final decision...and of course with a different selection, I will no doubt want others as well! What dress did you pick?

#8 MayBride2010

MayBride2010
                • 204 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 09:42 PM

Hey Ladies.

I actually have 3 dresses :) Bridal Debut has lots of Maggie dresses. I didn't buy anything there though. I bought a Sophia Tolli at Ethos in West Edmonton Mall. I bought my Maggie at Brides International downtown (I actually picked it out at the Bridal Fair). And I bought a no-name TTD brand new off Kijiji.

My wedding is next month. Eek.

Let me know if you ladies have any questions :)

#9 nmurch

nmurch
                  • 396 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 10:39 PM

HOLA!

my names nicc and my FH it Tyler....

were getting married Jan 2011

& i bought my dress from Novelle Bridal on 102 & 124th.. GREAST DW Dress store and
                    the owner is SUPER adorable!
                    jan 11 cant come soon enough...

#10 sheila2011

sheila2011
                    • 105 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 07:19 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by MayBride2010
                      Hey Ladies.

I actually have 3 dresses :) Bridal Debut has lots of Maggie dresses. I didn't buy anything there though. I bought a Sophia Tolli at Ethos in West Edmonton Mall. I bought my Maggie at Brides International downtown (I actually picked it out at the Bridal Fair). And I bought a no-name TTD brand new off Kijiji.

My wedding is next month. Eek.

Let me know if you ladies have any questions :)
                      Wow! Next month! You must be getting really excited. I only have the one dress right now and may just stick with that one!

The destination dresses did not look good on me for some reason...I looked like I was pregnant! (Not the look I was going for.) I ended up with a dress by Elegance Bridal...total shock to me that I got the dress I did! And it was the first one I tried on, nothing else felt like that one! Here's a link.... Style 8611

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users