Photo

Where are my Edmonton, AB ladies at?

• Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

#21 sheila2011

sheila2011
  • 105 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 02:39 PM

I just went shopping with my mom too. My dad told me later that she was so touched and honoured that I asked her to come instead of some of my friends. So that made me happy!

Is anyone's wedding coming up soon? If so good luck!!
    Counting down to January 17th in Punta Cana!

#22 HereFishie

HereFishie
    • 386 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 02:44 PM

Mine is in 3.5 weeks!!

#23 Angelina

Angelina
      • 57 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 03:38 PM

Heeey!

So psyched to find this group!!!

I found my dress at The Bridal House which was a great experience, they are very helpful! Its also attached to the Tuxedo House where they have a ton of Tommy Bahama stuff for your groom/groomsman.

How's the planning going for everyone?

#24 Angelina

Angelina
        • 57 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 11:34 PM

Question for you ladies, are you bringing a photographer with you? Any suggestions?

#25 CanadianLindsey

CanadianLindsey
          • 284 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 12:15 PM

I bought my dress at Bridal Debut in Sh. Park after having some bad experiences at Pure Bridal and Sposabella(wouldn't even let me look since my wedding was too far away!).
            At Pure Bridal they thought my price limit of 1K was laughable and the fact that I wanted a lace up back never seemed to register as she kept bringing me zippered dresses. Finally(at the request of my Grandmother!) we just bailed on the appointment. The extremely rude consultants were a surprise as you would think bridal dress shopping should be a fun experience for everyone. Good thing we were able to laugh about it later!

I got my Maggie Sotterro from the trunk show at Bridal Debut last December for an amazing price, and since they aren't bring my dress in as a sample, I will be the only one with it from Edmonton!

For the photographer question, we are probably using a combo of the resort photographer and a family member who we've asked to take photos too, just in case the pro doesn't work out. The resort charges $500 to bring in an outside vendor, so make sure you ask about that before booking a local photographer.

#26 trinamh

trinamh
            • 14 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 12:47 PM

I went to a few locations - including both bridal debut locations (where I bought my dress this week) I recommend trying on a lot of styles to get a sense of what the dresses look like on you - I chose a slimmer style which I thought wouldn't look good with my curvy figure ( and larger hips that I never appreciate). Can't believe the fit and flare was for me.

I loved bridal debut and almost bought a dress there - the owners were great! I also tried abc weddings. definitely not as sophisticated a store, but the dresses are still great there.

good luck.

#27 nmurch

nmurch
              • 396 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 09:14 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Angelina
                Question for you ladies, are you bringing a photographer with you? Any suggestions?
                FH and i are booked with Ivan Luckie!

check him out, great prices, AMAZING photos, great reviews!
                jan 11 cant come soon enough...

#28 sandylewis

sandylewis
                • 4 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 06:36 PM

Hi -
                  I am from Edmonton too...cool there are others on here too....I hope to keep reading tips from other members about Edmonton and area places, ideas, etc...Thanks, Sandy....

#29 lowkeybride

lowkeybride
                  • 38 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 09:18 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by sandylewis
                    Hi -
                    I am from Edmonton too...cool there are others on here too....I hope to keep reading tips from other members about Edmonton and area places, ideas, etc...Thanks, Sandy....
                    Welcome to the group, sandylewis!

#30 BeachBrideSoon

BeachBrideSoon
                    • 193 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 11:27 PM

Hi! I'm from Calgary and I was snoopin on your guys' Edmonton site :)

I haven't been dress shopping yet but thanks for some of your great ideas!

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by sheila2011
                      Wow! Next month! You must be getting really excited. I only have the one dress right now and may just stick with that one!

The destination dresses did not look good on me for some reason...I looked like I was pregnant! (Not the look I was going for.) I ended up with a dress by Elegance Bridal...total shock to me that I got the dress I did! And it was the first one I tried on, nothing else felt like that one! Here's a link.... Style 8611
                      What a beautiful dress you got!! I will definitely be trying one on just like it and hopefully it will fit for me! I see you are getting married in Punta Cana in January too! Where and what resort are you getting married??
                      BeachBrideSoon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users