Photo

Boudoir Shoot Cost

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#11 Boo

Boo
  • 785 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 04:34 PM

Question for you girls - do you give the book the day of the wedding in the morning? after? or did you get these for some other occasion?

#12 hat0112

hat0112
    • 1,219 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 05:12 PM

I am planning on booking a BD session with Kamila Harris in Philadelphia, PA. She is having a special right now that if you book before 2/14/10 for a group session (she will book other woman if you don’t have a group) and it is $300 for hair & makeup, 3 outfit changes and a album of 10 5x7 photos. I am not sure what it would cost for additional photos. I believe her usual price is $600 for an individual session, not include hair and makeup.

I plan on giving it to him the night before we leave. I am scared security will check our bags and look at it!
      Wedding 10/22/10 Westin Aruba

I love being a Mrs.!

#13 heidilynn28

heidilynn28
      • 111 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 05:39 PM

do most women do boudoir photos as a wedding gift or simply for fun, etc? I am a bigger girl (size 15-16 but have big legs..) and am worried what the end result would be and won't like it. For now, my soon to be FI wants a drum set as a wedding gift.. HA. And no.. he won't be playing in the house!

#14 Boo

Boo
        • 785 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 05:14 PM

ha ha I am sure we all our own biggest citic, I had no idea what to get the FI first, and this seems like a fun once in a life time idea so why not - but I have to say now that I started to think of like outfits/poses etc. I think the whole experience itself might be fun. The hard part now is finding a place which will be less than 750 with an album, that 300 one of the ladies was quoted I think is a steal!

#15 Sheeoni

Sheeoni
          • 68 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 07:13 PM

I am in the same boat looking to see if prices I've been quoted are reasonable. I have been in contact with whom I believe is the same vendor AnnaBanana mentioned. The sent me a la carte pricing for for add ons that you can use the $150 for, but I don't know if the prints you purchase can be made into a book afterwards. The cheapest print is $21 for one picture... cost could add up very quickly. For the price you pay, you'd get almost 8 pics.
            Has anyone successfully taken pictures of themselves? lol

#16 classadiva

classadiva
            • 685 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 07:28 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by heidilynn28
              do most women do boudoir photos as a wedding gift or simply for fun, etc? I am a bigger girl (size 15-16 but have big legs..) and am worried what the end result would be and won't like it. For now, my soon to be FI wants a drum set as a wedding gift.. HA. And no.. he won't be playing in the house!
              Hey,

I am also a plus-size bride...size 16W-18W and I plan to take pics that are sexy as hell!! Hey...are FI's choose us didn't they? LOL I think that they will LOVE the end result. I think that we as women are sometimes our harshest critics. He will love it!! Go for it!!

#17 heidilynn28

heidilynn28
              • 111 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 08:01 PM

I could probably talk myself into it and be ok.. it's more the money issue! Trying to stick to a budget and will probably end up getting it done for an anniversary!

#18 TheFutureMrs.Sears

TheFutureMrs.Sears
                • 734 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 08:07 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by KarenM
                  T, I'm using Jen too! So excited! Did your shoot start at 10? Where/what time did you get your hair done before? I sort of wanted to get mine done but I'm worried about timing & getting there (have to get a zipcar to get there).

Are you talking about jen from jenerations.com? If so, I'm booked with her too and I can't wait!!!! She is super nice over the phone, so I know she will make me comfortable.
                  http://global.thekno...rs/tt44496.aspx

52 booked + The Bride and Groom!!!
                  http://i69.photobuck....s/DSC02673.jpgMe and my Bridesmaids at my Bachelorette Party on a Roof Top with Manhattan in the background.

#19 classadiva

classadiva
                  • 685 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 08:18 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by heidilynn28
                    I could probably talk myself into it and be ok.. it's more the money issue! Trying to stick to a budget and will probably end up getting it done for an anniversary!
                    That's a terrific idea!!

#20 KarenM

KarenM
                    • 1,920 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 08:50 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by TheFutureMrs.Sears
                      Are you talking about jen from jenerations.com? If so, I'm booked with her too and I can't wait!!!! She is super nice over the phone, so I know she will make me comfortable.
                      YES! When's your shoot? And does yours start at 10am?
                      Mine's 3/19 and I can't wait! Well, I can wait so I can keep working out, but whatever. I'm a little worried about getting there on time cuz I live way up north in manhattan & need to rent a car to get to her. That means I don't have time to get my hair done and still get there by 10. boo. I'll have to practice with some hot rollers or a curling iron.
                      I haven't talked to her, but have emailed back & forth & she's super responsive and her price is really quite good. The package I picked ($425) includes 40 retouched pics, not 50 like Timberly got, but still I'm happy with 40! I wonder if she has any white feather boas? :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users