Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
JaimeLynne

Do I need an outside coordinator?

Recommended Posts

Ok, I'm planning (yet another) site visit - this time to PV to check out Dreams, Las Caletas and possibly the Mayan Palace. Without seeing them, our first choice would be to stay and have the wedding in the same place - which would be Dreams. If we go with Dreams and have a small wedding (I'm guessing around 15-30 ppl will come) do you think we need an outside wedding coordinator?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfly View Post
I can't help you with your question, but yeahhh on the second site visit, lucky you! When are you going?
I know, so excited! We're spending every last cent of our spare cash on it but we LOVE to travel so it's fine by us to skip the other "extras". wink.gif

We haven't set the date yet, but right now we're looking at Aug. 10th-13th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went with No, just because I think maybe you could save a few dollars on a vendor here and there but in the long run with all the useful info on the web and on this forum really you might be paying more for the WC than you would save on the vendors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryjaxs19 View Post
I went with No, just because I think maybe you could save a few dollars on a vendor here and there but in the long run with all the useful info on the web and on this forum really you might be paying more for the WC than you would save on the vendors.
So is that all they help you with? (Vendors) Cause I agree with you that I've pretty much got that covered.

I was just thinking they could help in the decorating part, giving it more of a "magical" feeling. Not to mention helping me to deal with the WC at Dreams, just in case the new one is as bad as the old...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaimeLynne View Post
Ok, I'm planning (yet another) site visit - this time to PV to check out Dreams, Las Caletas and possibly the Mayan Palace. Without seeing them, our first choice would be to stay and have the wedding in the same place - which would be Dreams. If we go with Dreams and have a small wedding (I'm guessing around 15-30 ppl will come) do you think we need an outside wedding coordinator?
Jaime, it depends who you go with.

If you have your wedding at LC or the Mayan I think the in house WC is enough. Marco is wonderful and I think he's done an amazing job. If you go with the DD, the only resort they work with is Dreams and Villa del Palmar Flamingos (i think?) If you can afford Kristen, then I say go for it. Her weddings are amazing and so detailed, but can get pricey.

But since your going to PV anyways, I say meet with an outside WC and see what they have to say. It never hurts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if you do get married at Las Caletas (not sure i knew you were considering that, YAY!) - but if you do, you absolutely don't need an outside WC. sure, you can if you want, but IMO it would be a waste of $$.

 

and 2 site visits ... how fun! i didn't even do 1!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow ... exciting! Wish I could visit my site beforehand, but no dice.

 

I say go ahead and meet with an outside WC ... but I can't imagne that you would need one.

 

Isn't that what we are here for? :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by akh View Post
if you do get married at Las Caletas (not sure i knew you were considering that, YAY!) - but if you do, you absolutely don't need an outside WC. sure, you can if you want, but IMO it would be a waste of $$.

and 2 site visits ... how fun! i didn't even do 1!
Ann, yes I am considering LC. I would rather have my wedding at the same place where we are staying but I want to keep my options open. If LC blows us out of the water and Dreams is just "so-so" then it will move up on the list! Same for Mayan Palace.

Really the only place I would consider bringing in an outside WC is Dreams. Maybe I will feel more confident after meeting with them. The last site visit we did I didn't feel confident with the WC so I'm going based on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxytv View Post
Wow ... exciting! Wish I could visit my site beforehand, but no dice.

I say go ahead and meet with an outside WC ... but I can't imagne that you would need one.

Isn't that what we are here for? :-)
lol, I probably won't but I'm not sure about the WC at Dreams yet. If she is iffy than I may need someone who is down there to help me out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaimeLynne View Post
Really the only place I would consider bringing in an outside WC is Dreams. Maybe I will feel more confident after meeting with them. The last site visit we did I didn't feel confident with the WC so I'm going based on that.

lol, I probably won't but I'm not sure about the WC at Dreams yet. If she is iffy than I may need someone who is down there to help me out.
i just got an email from her (gaby, the new wc at dreams) and she said she has all of my info, yadda yadda, but has yet to answer any of the questions that marilu left her with...i figured i'd give her a few more days and then send another email w/ the ?s again, just in case she didn't get it.

other than the fact that emails would be answered faster by telegraph, what would be the reason for an outside WC? what are you unsure of? (AKA - AM I OVERLOOKING SOMETHING?)

all of the ppl that i've talked to/read reviews from said that everything was perfect once they got there...i also have a lot of info, if you're looking for something specific, and will be married there a few months before you, so can give you more details, should you decide on dreams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Hi my husband and I are renewing our wedding vows at dreams Punta cana resort and spot QE hace the ultimate dream package but it's very simple the resort is charging a whole lot for decorations any one ever bought their own decorations to the resort they also charge to put your decorations up.
    • How to login Hotmail? Today I am going to show you how to login to any Hotmail account on Desktop and Mobile. If you have a Hotmail account but you don’t know how to sign in Hotmail, this post helps you login Hotmail easy way with pictures. If you don’t have Hotmail account, of course, let Sign up Hotmail. And now, Here is how to sign in Hotmail.
       
    • I and my partner are going to get married on August 12th. We met each other through a lesbian dating website. Both of us want that day to be a memorable day. We are in confused on which dress to wear for the wedding ceremony. Any suggestion on lesbian wedding dress? I prefer white, whereas my partner prefers of-white. Which one do you think will look good? Should we go for same dress or different one? Share your thoughts.
    • Choose the flower that is matching with the bride and gown dress.
    • Hotmail gmail login: How to change your gmail password and how to delete your Gmail account? GMAIL is the most popular emailing service, with almost had a billion people worldwide logging on every day to check their emails. Google has recently added a number of new updates to make it easier to secure your Gmail, as well as safely deleting your email account. How do you change your password or delete your hotmail account?
  • Topics

×