Photo

Electronic Save the Dates

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 FutureMrsBeatty

FutureMrsBeatty
  • 87 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 01:37 PM

Does anyone have a good website for electronic save the dates. We are having a destination wedding and want to get the info out ASAP, but still plan to do regular save the dates with our engagement photos. Free would be even better. Thanks!!! Lisa

#2 Cassie

Cassie
    • 5,341 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 03:24 PM

I'm working on our electronic save the dates right now as well. I was looking into using pingg and liked that I was able to use my own images. The only thing I don't like and probably why we won't use it is that it has them do rsvp through their site, and I want them to go to my website for that. I think now we're just going to create an html email and just send it through my yahoo account. There's also evite. I've used them for parties and such, super easy to make. Good luck!
      Married! -- July 11, 2010

"I hope your marriage lasts 10 dog years" -- what my 4 yr old flower girl had my sister write in my guest book!

My Planning Thread

#3 Kelitaw

Kelitaw
      • 512 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 07:11 PM

We sent out electronic save the dates as well. We created a powerpoint presentation and sent it out using Send Files and Large Email Attachments Securely with CuteSendIt. This allows you to send large files without clogging up everyone's email. You can sign up for a free account - it will limit the size of your file though if you use the free option.

#4 poohshek

poohshek
        • 1,456 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 11:31 PM

Check out Invitations, Free eCards and Party Planning Ideas from Evite. That's what I used to send out "Save the Date" notification. Important thing is to keep it short and sweet.

#5 SusieQ

SusieQ
          • 1,603 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 09:28 AM

I did a video montage for our save the date, I hope I am able to post the link... here goes.Exciting News at One True Media - share slideshows, slide shows, Facebook slideshows, free video sharing, video montages.

Good luck and congrats

#6 FutureMrsBeatty

FutureMrsBeatty
            • 87 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 01:32 PM

Thanks for the info about pingg - I want them to reply to our wedding website as well...grrr. Everyone has great ideas...you are all very creative...I might have to actually "create" something via the comp. Evite is a great option too...can they reply via my wedding website?? Thanks again!!

#7 Cassie

Cassie
              • 5,341 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 12:37 AM

You might have already figured this out, but I just noticed on pingg that if you send it as an ecard rather than an evite, it takes out the reply option. So that's what I'm going to do for mine and send them to my website.
                Married! -- July 11, 2010

"I hope your marriage lasts 10 dog years" -- what my 4 yr old flower girl had my sister write in my guest book!

My Planning Thread

#8 FutureMrsBeatty

FutureMrsBeatty
                • 87 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 02:52 PM

I went with mypunchbowl.com. It was a success!! Some cute option where you could incorporate photos and it was all free!

#9 beachbum21

beachbum21
                  • 438 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 06:38 PM

Has anyone used wedsite or something like that? I too want to get info out to our guests as soon as possible and just think it might be easier and more cost-effective to send out a "save the date" via something electronic versus making/printing/mailing something.

I do want to make some really cool invites though, either boarding passes or passport... just need some good templates! :)

#10 JQLong

JQLong
                    • 336 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 05:42 PM

Hi beachbum21...My fiance and I used Evite to send our STD's and included a link to our wedding website created on wedding wire.  We can update the website with pertinent info as we go along.  We intend to send STD magnet to those that are traveling with us.  As for the invitations, they will be more of a formality because our STD had all the info in it.

Happy planning!

JQ

Originally Posted by beachbum21 

Has anyone used wedsite or something like that? I too want to get info out to our guests as soon as possible and just think it might be easier and more cost-effective to send out a "save the date" via something electronic versus making/printing/mailing something.

I do want to make some really cool invites though, either boarding passes or passport... just need some good templates! :)

So Amazing......July 4, 2012!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users