engagement thank yous

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 1elephant

1elephant
  • VIP Member
  • 15,998 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 11:28 PM

we just received an engagement gift from our registry - what do we use for thank yous? just regular store bought thank you cards, or should we quickly order personalized cards?

what did you do?

#2 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 24,768 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 01:08 AM

i never had any personalized cards - i don't think you have to do this at all! i had a random assortment of thank you cards i used!

#3 RaydensMama

RaydensMama
      • VIP Member
      • 2,861 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 08:58 AM

Im using store bought thank yous for all my thank you cards. I think most people just end up tossing them out, so I wouldnt spend the extra money on them.

#4 cessyboston

cessyboston
        • VIP Member
        • 2,096 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 09:00 AM

i love stationary so any excuse to buy something really cute......i would maybe just get a thnk you that may have the colors u are thinking of...
          Married oct 10th 2008 ~ proud parents to Miss Sophia Emma feb 2, 2010

#5 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 24,768 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 11:07 AM

i did buy some cute thank you cards with a palm tree on them. but since i needed more, and didn't want to spend a lot, i just bought some blank cards (i think at Michaels) and then printed a palm tree and "Thank You" on them - they turned out pretty cute actually! and so cheap!

#6 diana2008

diana2008
            • 42 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 03:30 PM

I'm going with store bought ones, too, probably with something relating to my colors, or seashells, etc. When I get thank yous in the mail I toss them about 2 seconds after reading them, so I'd rather use that money somewhere else.
              Diana & Robert
              July 5, 2008
              Cabo Surf Hotel

#7 Can'tHardlyWait

Can'tHardlyWait
              • 812 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 10:27 PM

One trip to the papyrus near me (no Hallmark in the area) and I rquickly realized that custom printed cards would actually be cheaper. I loved the packaged kind, but they were over a dollar each. I agree with Laura that most people just looks at it and quickly toss it. I figured that much money was better spent on another part of the wedding. Check out Vista prints if you are considering custom, but I def don't think its necessary!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users