Photo

DIY *Canadian boutonniere* :o)

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#11 punkie569

punkie569
  • 255 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 09:07 PM

Wow those look great! You did an awesome job and they are a great price. Honestly those look better than the ones I had professionally made. Be proud!
    Two lives, two hearts joined together in friendship united forever in love

#12 swong

swong
    • 169 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 09:21 PM

wow, you are very talented!!! And they are so affordable as well!! You should post some step by step pictures as well!!
      Scarlett

#13 miznunu2010

miznunu2010
      • 248 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 10:45 PM

Are you kidding me? That is beautiful! I cant believe you did it yourself, honestly its looks very nice and realistic!

#14 SuzyQ76

SuzyQ76
        • 484 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 12:27 AM

Thanks Everyone!!!! :o)

They are really easy to make, I find it hard to believe what people are actually charging!! and for the person who suggested doing step by step pics, I'm making some more tonight, and will post the pics tomorrow!!!

I do love working with flowers, real or artificial, I just wish I could find a real touch supplier in Canada, I can't even find a wholesale website :o(
          Our Wedding Day, April 29, 2010
          Grand Riviera Princess

http://i783.photobuc....quotesmall.jpg
          My Grand Riviera/Sunset Princess Review:http://bestdestinati....7/#post1283438

#15 SuzyQ76

SuzyQ76
          • 484 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 12:31 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by sunnyee
            They look great! You did an awesome job. I am going to Michaels after work today. Maybe check out the orchids...thanks for sharing!
            Make sure you bring the coupon from the flyer, or sign up for their email and you'll get a coupon emailed to you....
            The orchids I got are 3 on a stem with 3 leaves and wirey thingys, and they are sort of rubbery feeling, not silks, $9.49 a stem...the "grass" is in a big bunch for $3.49 so I just cut off what I need for each one, the roll of sticky floral tape was $3.40 too , I think...
            I'll be posting the pics of how I made them tomorrow.

Good luck in the search!!
            Grand Riviera Princess

#16 amygirl1169

amygirl1169
            • 653 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 03:30 PM

Great job! I bought the same orchid stem to make my DIY hair flower/feather. They look SOO real and feel the same!
              I'm also making my BM's bouquets from Michael's. I wish they would get more real touch flowers in stock

#17 surprise4us

surprise4us
              • 119 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 03:50 PM

Wow those look amazing, you have inspired me to try to do my own. I have been looking for Real touch flowers in canada as well and was just trying to think of another solution. Thanks

#18 swong

swong
                • 169 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 04:38 PM

Thanks suzyQ!! I can't wait to make my own, I really hope they'll turn out like yours!!! Big Thanks!
                  Scarlett

#19 swong

swong
                  • 169 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 04:43 PM

Sorry I want to ask a totally unrelated questions, are the boutonniere's and corsages for families only?
                    Scarlett

#20 SuzyQ76

SuzyQ76
                    • 484 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 05:24 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by amygirl1169
                      Great job! I bought the same orchid stem to make my DIY hair flower/feather. They look SOO real and feel the same!
                      I'm also making my BM's bouquets from Michael's. I wish they would get more real touch flowers in stock
                      Thanks! They are the "real-ist" looking one's at Michael's! What flowers are you using for your BM's bouquets?? I can't decided, I wish they would get more real touch flowers too! It's soooo frustrating that we are sooo limited in choices!! If you have pics of what you've done for BM's, if anything yet, I'd love to see them - I know what I want to do, I think, just can't find the right "real" looking artificial flower...for the right price of course!! lol

Quote:
                      Sorry I want to ask a totally unrelated questions, are the boutonniere's and corsages for families only?
                      swong: I am doing bouts for all the groomsmen, Uncles, and my Brother who is walking me down the aisle...then some sort of corsage-y thing for my Mom and FMIL and all the Aunties. So I'm only doing them for family members and/or wedding party, which funnily enough will be most of the group!! lol
                      Normally I would only do it for the people who have a roll to play in the wedding ie: groomsmen, person giving away etc...but we have Aunts and Uncles who are "sponsoring" or "standing" for us and so if we include some relatives my FMIL said we might as well "flower" all the elders!! lol
                      Ugh......................................

I didn't have a chance to make any more last night, so I will take step by step pictures tonight and post them!!
                      Grand Riviera Princess

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users