Photo

Off the resort wedding?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#11 RM Wedd helper

RM Wedd helper
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 02:06 PM

Make sure you check this guys out... They have venues all around the area and specialize in off premises events...
    www.myweddingcancun.com

#12 Fahm

Fahm
    • 10 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 02:32 AM

I just got back from our wedding in Playa del Carmen. My fiance and I chose the non-resort route because we wanted a more private beach for the ceremony, and a more private reception. We're extremely happy with this decision!

For the beach ceremony, we went with Stephanie Morton at Ajua Weddings. I highly recommend her! She coordinated the beach ceremony (location, chairs, music, amplifiers, drinks, logistics of the ceremony, etc.) and was on top of every detail. I will review her thoroughly in another post, but in case you're having questions about how to have a non-resort wedding, she is a good point of contact. Her email is Click the image to open in full size.

#13 Fahm

Fahm
      • 10 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 02:35 AM

I also want to mention that we ate at Negrosal - on 1st avenue and Calle 16. The food was amazing. The decor and atmosphere was more upscale than John Gray's (we were going for more of a good food/laid back atmosphere with our wedding so we chose John Gray's). If you're looking for good food with a more upscale feel, I highly recommend Negrosal.

#14 PaperBagPrincess

PaperBagPrincess
        • 320 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 06:26 PM

Fahm - I haven't heard of John Gray's. I will investigate further. If you post pictures can you let me know? Thanks!

#15 Cynlee143

Cynlee143
          • 174 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 08:46 PM

Paperbag princess! Know this tread is old, but wanted to know what you guys decided on as we are thinking of an off site reception!

#16 Jessica4LUXE

Jessica4LUXE
            • Vendor
            • 183 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 07:21 PM

Cynlee143, if you're getting married at the Bahia Principe Akumal, then keep in mind it's quite a trek to Playa for the whole wedding group. Al Cielo would be much closer, or check out the Ana y Jose Beach Club in Tulum. Just a few suggestions if you're planning on going this route.

#17 Chris Elias28

Chris Elias28
              • 15 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:14 AM

Jessica4Luxe, 

Thanks! This is very helpful information. 

-C

#18 Cynlee143

Cynlee143
                • 174 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 03:09 PM

Thanks!! I'll look into these places :)

Originally Posted by Jessica4LUXE 

Cynlee143, if you're getting married at the Bahia Principe Akumal, then keep in mind it's quite a trek to Playa for the whole wedding group. Al Cielo would be much closer, or check out the Ana y Jose Beach Club in Tulum. Just a few suggestions if you're planning on going this route.

#19 EW Cancun

EW Cancun
                  • 1 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 04:51 AM

FYI: unfortunately John Gray losed down in PLaya

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users