Sign in to follow this  
PaperBagPrincess

Off the resort wedding?

Has anyone got married and had their reception off the resort in Playa Del Carmen? We will likely stay at The Royal, but I thought offsite might be more intimate. Restaurant or maybe a boat cruise? Any recommendations?

Thanks!

there are many restaurants on 5th Avenue that do weddings - the oter options are beach cluba depending on the size of the group.

Dinner cruise: unfortunately because it is open sea there is nothing in the PLaya del Carmen area.

That's exactly what we did. Stayed at a resort in Playa del Carmen. Wedding at a different location and reception at a restaurant off Fifth Avenue. This approach requires more research/planning and coordination. The overall expense is very likely to be higher than weddings at an all-inclusive resort but we think it is worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperBagPrincess View Post
Has anyone got married and had their reception off the resort in Playa Del Carmen? We will likely stay at The Royal, but I thought offsite might be more intimate. Restaurant or maybe a boat cruise? Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Sure! Our wedding was at Al Cielo in Xpu-Ha and it was perfect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bride2b10 View Post
Poohshek - where did you get married, if you don't mind?

Awesome! Let me know if there is anything I can help! smile29.gif

I will post a review within the next few weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperBagPrincess View Post
Thanks Ladies! I'll look into that restaurant, as well as some others on 5th and the Kool Beach Club also looks nice.

Poohshek - Really looking forward to review as Al Cielo is on our maybe list, in fact it's the only one to make the maybe list at this point.

Going to keep adding as I go through places incase it helps anyone else.

Al Cielo - Small 4 room hotel Al Cielo Hotel A Charming Small Beachfront Hotel Xpu Ha Beach Riviera Maya Mexico

Xcaret Eco-Park Xcaret Weddings - Cancun Mexico wedding riviera maya spectacular eco park

Negrosal a restaurant in Playa Del carmen ::: negrosal :::

Alux Cave restaurant in PDC, I loved, FI still making batman jokes, so a no go, maybe one of you will get lucky :) Alux | Restaurant & Lounge

Secret Jewel, found on this site haven't looked at yet Riviera Maya Weddings

Kool Beach Club - KOOL - Restaurant bar by playa tukan