Photo

Any 2011 Brides out there?

• Please log in to reply
3537 replies to this topic

#601 josietoms

josietoms
  • 765 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 06:59 AM

Turquoise ruffle baby doll dress - Evening & party dresses - Dresses - Women -
    Toe Post Floral Thong Flip-Flops-Marks & Spencer

Bridesmaid dresses and shoes........ hope this works.
    Josie x

#602 michelle2011

michelle2011
    • 1,301 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 07:25 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by josietoms
      Arrr they are lovely and what a good price. I love Debenhams, my mum practically lives in that shop, lol.... We are having Pink, although my sis is not a big pink fan. So i am letting her have a big say in the shade of dress. She is also on weight watchers so waiting a bit till she trys some dresses on. Oriental Pearl at Bluewater have some pretty dresses around £138 so that's a bonus too.....

I know the Hop Farm. It is lovely there, we went to a christening there last yr. Beautiful for a wedding. We might have a pop down there ourselves. Was the room hire expensive? My FI also said last night about Hever Castle. So if Brands Hatch fall through we have some back up's!

High rocks is in Tunbridge isn't it? That's supposed to be a nice wedding spot too :o)

#603 josietoms

josietoms
      • 765 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 07:49 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by michelle2011
        Arrr they are lovely and what a good price. I love Debenhams, my mum practically lives in that shop, lol.... We are having Pink, although my sis is not a big pink fan. So i am letting her have a big say in the shade of dress. She is also on weight watchers so waiting a bit till she trys some dresses on. Oriental Pearl at Bluewater have some pretty dresses around £138 so that's a bonus too.....

I know the Hop Farm. It is lovely there, we went to a christening there last yr. Beautiful for a wedding. We might have a pop down there ourselves. Was the room hire expensive? My FI also said last night about Hever Castle. So if Brands Hatch fall through we have some back up's!

High rocks is in Tunbridge isn't it? That's supposed to be a nice wedding spot too :o)

I know bargain and on Saturday when I got there it was 25% off as well!!! Love Oriental Pearl I've been there quite a few times as work in Longfield so can pop to Bluewater in my lunch. We are having our party a week after we get back on 5th feb so still out of wedding season think the room hire was £400 and then £13 per head for buffet so v good and their customer service is excellent. We popped into the High Rocks which is nice BUT they wanted the full £1000 deposit now and it was non refundable - that deposit was for the room and food. I refused to do that so they lost our booking! They also have 3 - 4 rooms so you may not be the only wedding party there which we didnt want as for most of the people coming it will be like the real wedding so we wanted to make it just as special. I thought getting married abroad was the cheaper option but its all starting to add up - lol!
        Whoops beta get back to work ........
        Josie x

#604 michelle2011

michelle2011
        • 1,301 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 07:59 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by josietoms
          I know bargain and on Saturday when I got there it was 25% off as well!!! Love Oriental Pearl I've been there quite a few times as work in Longfield so can pop to Bluewater in my lunch. We are having our party a week after we get back on 5th feb so still out of wedding season think the room hire was £400 and then £13 per head for buffet so v good and their customer service is excellent. We popped into the High Rocks which is nice BUT they wanted the full £1000 deposit now and it was non refundable - that deposit was for the room and food. I refused to do that so they lost our booking! They also have 3 - 4 rooms so you may not be the only wedding party there which we didnt want as for most of the people coming it will be like the real wedding so we wanted to make it just as special. I thought getting married abroad was the cheaper option but its all starting to add up - lol!
          Whoops beta get back to work ........
          What a bonus having 25% off! Lovely. I do love a bargain!! That price is brilliant for your reception. What gets me with mine is we opted for the restaurant at the Thistle. Stunning room, we didn't like their function room. But the function room hire is £800 and the restaurant is £1800. They said as it's been refurbed, but surely they have a contingency fund for that, it's not down to the guest to pay for their updating...... Sorry having a little rant there. I will on Saturday when we are there too. Seeing your price defo makes me think twice about the Thistle! I know what you mean. It does add up and you can easliy get carried away with it all. Sometimes i have to take a step back and have a think about what i'm doing and why...lol.

I am lucky i work from home and am on here all the time. lol. I am addicted. It's like facebook, hee hee!

#605 mexbride83

mexbride83
          • 309 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 12:15 PM

Oh my god... can I just say how jealous I am of you UK brides and your reception options over there!!!! I've googled some of these places you two have mentioned (Hever Castle, High Rocks, Bickley Manor) and they are so stunning, I can't imagine even doing a destination wedding!! Granted, I'm sure that it's completely different when these places are the norm where you live, but we have nothing like them in America, and I'm so jealous that you all do:) I had a friend, who lives in Wales (her husband is in the RAF) but is from Surrey, and her wedding pictures were absolutely to die for. The wedding was at Wedding Venue, Conference Rooms, Deluxe Holiday Accommodation in Witney, Oxfordshire, UK. It made me want to do a DW in the UK!!

#606 mexbride83

mexbride83
            • 309 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 12:16 PM

oops... I have a friend, not had. We're still friends, haha:)

#607 Linhy

Linhy
              • 237 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 01:09 PM

josietoms- The dress and shoes are really cute! perfect for bridesmaid dresses!

#608 josietoms

josietoms
                • 765 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 01:15 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by mexbride83
                  Oh my god... can I just say how jealous I am of you UK brides and your reception options over there!!!! I've googled some of these places you two have mentioned (Hever Castle, High Rocks, Bickley Manor) and they are so stunning, I can't imagine even doing a destination wedding!! Granted, I'm sure that it's completely different when these places are the norm where you live, but we have nothing like them in America, and I'm so jealous that you all do:) I had a friend, who lives in Wales (her husband is in the RAF) but is from Surrey, and her wedding pictures were absolutely to die for. The wedding was at Wedding Venue, Conference Rooms, Deluxe Holiday Accommodation in Witney, Oxfordshire, UK. It made me want to do a DW in the UK!!
                  I guess we are v lucky - but I dont think you always appreciate whats on your doorstep. The only problem with here is the weather - if you had an outside ceremony i think i would die of a heart attack stressing over the weather. LOL! Even in the height of summer. I would love a typical wedding in an English castle but I have to realistic - ironically its still cheaper for 17 of us to travel to Mexico for 2 weeks than have a wedding here. Oxfordshire is a gorgeous part of the world as well. Think me and Michelle are v lucky down here in Kent - its known as the garden of england - apparently!!!
                  Josie x

#609 josietoms

josietoms
                  • 765 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 01:17 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Linhy
                    josietoms- The dress and shoes are really cute! perfect for bridesmaid dresses!
                    Thank u....... I didnt like the dress too much on the hanger when my bridesmaids picked it up - but it looks so different on and even better than on the model. Am really chuffed I have that part organised already and all on the high street as well.
                    Josie x

#610 Linhy

Linhy
                    • 237 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 01:29 PM

Does anyone know any activities around the Cancun rivera area? We want to do a group activities of the cable zip line.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users