Photo

Any 2011 Brides out there?

• Please log in to reply
3537 replies to this topic

#351 Linhy

Linhy
  • 237 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 01:41 AM

Prettypigpig! Really the 1-11-2011 is consider a good day. O gosh I was reading something about getting marry before the next Chinese new year begins is supposed to be good.

#352 michelle2011

michelle2011
    • 1,301 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 05:10 AM

Tifuhhknee your ring is beautiful. So pretty!

1-1-11 what a cool date!

Nicyx - I checked out the flight dates for 2011 so far from the UK and they are currently going up to 24th April. So it wont be to long before we can book our May dates, whoop whoop. I'm hoping to be booked by the end of April anyhow! I just want it booked NOW! So frustrating!

Mexico Mexico here we come!!! x

#353 FutureMrsYak

FutureMrsYak
      • 372 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 09:15 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Linhy
        So here's the thing ladies!! I've been looking at prices for January. For those that are having their weddings in January. I looked into obitz tonight and prices are release 1-23 but the 24th won't be release until this upcoming week. So the travel agent I was somewhat working with told me prices aren't out yet. Does anyone have the same issue?
        Saturday we went and booked our flights, we actually changed travel dates to save some money. The resort does not have prices out still, and actually is saying no rooms available!! My TA was hesitent on booking flights without a resort. But I find it very unrealistic that there are no rooms available when I've checked it every day and prices were never posted. We booked the flights anyway because god forbid if we can't go to our resort there is a million resorts in the area to choose from!

Hopefully today the TA will call with a resolution after speaking to the resort.

#354 Mischaka

Mischaka
        • 969 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 09:53 AM

yeah...I've been trying to pre-book everything and nothing is available yet. sucks cause I want to make a payment just so I know for sure everything is a go!!

#355 Linhy

Linhy
          • 237 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 11:49 AM

Yeah!!! I've been see that a lot. I think because the prices aren't release just yet. It's lame! I know it really sucks waiting!!

#356 Linhy

Linhy
            • 237 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 11:57 AM

does anyone know the direct number for dreams?

#357 Linhy

Linhy
              • 237 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 12:18 PM

So I was just curious! for most of you. Are you all doing the whole packaged deal like with flights and hotel or booking them seperate?

#358 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
                • Banned
                • 1,034 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 12:34 PM

Yes Jan 11 is a good date according to the Chinese "TONG SHING" aka the chinese calendar for events. My FI doesn't wanna get married in January, and snow storms can be a risk given we are from Montreal.
                  I will book the whole package, plane-transfer-hotel, it is much easier this way. Plus, there are always reps of the package vendor at the resort to nag and complain in case smth went wrong.

Bonnie

Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen

#359 fsuambs

fsuambs
                  • 154 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 12:41 PM

Bonnie, it must feel great to be done. Congrats! My diamond is a blue diamond. My dad gave it to my mom, and Josh had it reset in the micropave band. My wedding band is exactly the same. I can't to get married so I can wear it!
                    Thanks Linhy!
                    Nicola, thanks for the warm welcome. We will be visiting other resorts as well as Riu Palace Las Americas. I just e-mailed my TA this morning for suggestions. I'll be sure to let you girls know.
                    Peterpanpixiedust, congrats on your contract for Dreams. Josh proposed to me at a Dreams in Nuevo Vallarta and it was wonderful. As far as surviving graduate school while working, chairing a committee in Junior League, and planning a wedding. Well, it's tough but I love everything I'm doing. When things get difficult, try to stay positive and remind yourself that there is a reason for doing all of it. When I'm sleep deprived which is often, I remind myself I can sleep when I'm dead. It will all be worth it! If you ever need to vent, I'm here! I also figured having a destination would be less stressful. It is to a certain extent but I'm a little bit of a "control freak," and we plan on doing a lot of things on our own like invitations. Get well soon!
                    Happy Planning, Amber

#360 Mischaka

Mischaka
                    • 969 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 12:42 PM

I plan on doing whatever my TA suggests. I honestly have never been out of the states...so this is all new to me. So if she says it's better to get the packaged deal then that's what i'm doing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users