murmel
  • Resort/Area Ambassadors
  • 1,407 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 24, 2011
  • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori Mayan Riveria

Posted 15 February 2011 - 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Nicyx 

Hi nan,

We are having our AHR at our local football club function room which is ideal for us as we live not even a 5 min walk away.... so far i have a list of 75 invites to write, in total about 130 adults and around 36 kids.... I have some family & friends coming up the day/night before as i live 6/7 hours drive away from some. I will not go all out with the decorating, i will just do balloons for the tables and favours in my wedding colours (aqua & white). Favours nothing to big, just a wee aqua organza bag with white love heart mints or something like that, I will have a DJ, which i have just booked tonight. I will be ordering a 3 tier sponge wedding cake, plain white icing, i have bought the ribbon to go round it, also i will use the cake topper we have bought for mexico (out initials) and i will be buying some cute little cutters of ebay in the shape of starfish and a palm tree so i can colour some icing myself (light blue) and cut wee star fish etc to put on cake :-) For the buffet i will just do a cold finger buffett... sandwiches, pizza, crisp, salads etc etc.

Im not sure what else i will do if anything... any suggestions????

xx

Sounds like it will be a lot of fun! Only suggestions I would make: have a projector with wedding photos/video (if you are doing that) or a table with some wedding photos! Since everyone will want to see your big day. And then do something fun for a guest book, so that you can look back and see who was all there. We used this idea in Mexico, and will likely do it at our AHRs as well: get a white board, and a camera. Have guests write their well wishes, advice, etc. on the whiteboard, then pose with it, and have someone take a photo of it. Then once you have all the photos, you can make a photobook /guestbook. I know some girls on here have done props, like silly moustaches, bowties, etc. and had people pose with those!

DH is more in charge of the AHRs since he is a former chef and has more knowledge on that side. I think we have one tenatively booked for April 16, and working on the other one now. I know it seems a little late, but we just returned from the wedding and get our new house mid-March. So not much spare time! Plus DH's sister is expecting her first little one in a few weeks, so that's also adding to our list of stuff to do LOL!

Married my best friend on January 24, 2011 at Azul Sensatori! :wub:

Ambassador for Azul Sensatori and Karisma resorts

Official Azul Sensatori thread:

http://www.bestdesti... azul sensatori

Recommended Travel agency: Wright Travel

http://www.wrighttravelagency.com/

#3282 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
  • Banned
  • 1,034 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 08:26 PM

I seriously don't know what to do once my wedding, 3 receptions, 2 weeks of honeymoon, thx notes, scrapbooking are over...LOL

Bonnie

Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen

#3283 Janet1480

Janet1480
    • 709 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 08:32 PM

I know what you mean! I have been asking myself the same thing

Originally Posted by prettypigpig 

I seriously don't know what to do once my wedding, 3 receptions, 2 weeks of honeymoon, thx notes, scrapbooking are over...LOL

Married my soul mate and best friend on October 25th 2011 at Paradisus Punta Cana

#3284 Nicyx

Nicyx
      • 2,914 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by murmel 

Sounds like it will be a lot of fun! Only suggestions I would make: have a projector with wedding photos/video (if you are doing that) or a table with some wedding photos! Since everyone will want to see your big day. And then do something fun for a guest book, so that you can look back and see who was all there. We used this idea in Mexico, and will likely do it at our AHRs as well: get a white board, and a camera. Have guests write their well wishes, advice, etc. on the whiteboard, then pose with it, and have someone take a photo of it. Then once you have all the photos, you can make a photobook /guestbook. I know some girls on here have done props, like silly moustaches, bowties, etc. and had people pose with those!

DH is more in charge of the AHRs since he is a former chef and has more knowledge on that side. I think we have one tenatively booked for April 16, and working on the other one now. I know it seems a little late, but we just returned from the wedding and get our new house mid-March. So not much spare time! Plus DH's sister is expecting her first little one in a few weeks, so that's also adding to our list of stuff to do LOL!

Thanks murmel... I have got on my list of things to get and do the slideshow idea and the guestbook :-) Both of these are great ideas x

#3285 Nicyx

Nicyx
        • 2,914 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by Janet1480 

I know what you mean! I have been asking myself the same thing

Quote:

Originally Posted by prettypigpig 

Me to, thats why im glad at least a month after the wedding i will be happy still organising the AHR but after that :-( :-( :-( :-(

#3286 Janet1480

Janet1480
          • 709 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 08:34 AM

I'm starting to think maybe i should have an AHR so i can have something to do and plan when i get back LOL my FI would probably kill me though and think I am crazy  we are spending enough money on the DW

Married my soul mate and best friend on October 25th 2011 at Paradisus Punta Cana

#3287 Nan

Nan
            • 599 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 08:48 AM

HAHAHA I guess taking care of the house and our new husbands besides our jobs will keep us quite busy!

Nan and Erik forever!!!

#3288 primavera

primavera
              • 428 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 09:44 AM

Hahaha! Nan, you're funny! My FI takes care of the house (and hopefully himself haha), we already live together :) I work a lot though, so that will def. keep me busy.

Originally Posted by Nan 

HAHAHA I guess taking care of the house and our new husbands besides our jobs will keep us quite busy!

April 29, 2011 - Now Jade Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa

#3289 Nicyx

Nicyx
                • 2,914 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Nan 

Hahaha! Nan, you're funny! My FI takes care of the house (and hopefully himself haha), we already live together :) I work a lot though, so that will def. keep me busy.

Made me laugh too :-) Haha, Although, taking care of the house and my soon to be husband happens already (shared i must say... he helps in the house and he looks after me too) :-)

Hmmmmmm, back to the drawing board!!!!

xox

#3290 Janet1480

Janet1480
                  • 709 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 11:16 AM

LOL!! Same here. We already live together and split the chores....i think i will still have wedding planning withdrawal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users