• Please log in to reply
3537 replies to this topic

#3271 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
  • Banned
  • 1,034 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 08:55 AM

Nan,

That sounds great!  I am sure your friends will have a blast!

Bonnie

Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen

#3272 Janet1480

Janet1480
    • 709 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 05:54 PM

Thats a fantastic idea! great way to extend the fun!!

FI and I are staying a second week but by ourselves. The first week we are with our whole wedding group for the entire week so thats plenty LOL I will be happy to have my FI errr husband by that point  all to myself for a honeymoon week

Married my soul mate and best friend on October 25th 2011 at Paradisus Punta Cana

#3273 Nan

Nan
      • 599 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by prettypigpig 

Nan,

That sounds great!  I am sure your friends will have a blast!

Bonnie and Janet:

I´m thrilled about this trip extension! two days of crazy fun and then I´ll go on my honeymoon with my hubbie!! Some of my married friends have told me that after the wedding is over, you feel like you are missing some more celebrating! All this planning that goes into it is over in less than 12 hours! So I thought .... 2 more days to make the fun laaast!

Thats a fantastic idea! great way to extend the fun!!

FI and I are staying a second week but by ourselves. The first week we are with our whole wedding group for the entire week so thats plenty LOL I will be happy to have my FI errr husband by that point  all to myself for a honeymoon week

Nan and Erik forever!!!

#3274 tessiep123

tessiep123
        • 1 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 01:21 PM

Click over to The Loveliest Day for a chance to enter the free destination wedding photography giveaway http://www.theloveli...on-wedding.html

Giveaways is valued at about $6,000+

Email info@lovenjoyphotography.com with your love story, photos and why you should win!

#3275 Nicyx

Nicyx
          • 2,914 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 01:32 PM

Whooo, ive had a very productive weekend :-)

We have booked out AHR today!! Yipee!! Because we have been debating whether to have one and have left it so long its actually a month after we get back, but to me thats great as i can stay in wedding mode for that time when we get back and will still have something to look forward to and keep me occupied!!

We've just hired our towns fooball club function room for £17 which is a bargain....

I just love all this planning x

#3276 Janet1480

Janet1480
            • 709 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 02:57 PM

You are so right Nan! I have heard the same...

All this planning, day and night, every day! I'm not going to know what to do with myself when its all done!

Bonnie and Janet:

I´m thrilled about this trip extension! two days of crazy fun and then I´ll go on my honeymoon with my hubbie!! Some of my married friends have told me that after the wedding is over, you feel like you are missing some more celebrating! All this planning that goes into it is over in less than 12 hours! So I thought .... 2 more days to make the fun laaast!

Married my soul mate and best friend on October 25th 2011 at Paradisus Punta Cana

#3277 Nan

Nan
              • 599 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Nicyx 

Whooo, ive had a very productive weekend :-)

We have booked out AHR today!! Yipee!! Because we have been debating whether to have one and have left it so long its actually a month after we get back, but to me thats great as i can stay in wedding mode for that time when we get back and will still have something to look forward to and keep me occupied!!

We've just hired our towns fooball club function room for £17 which is a bargain....

I just love all this planning x

What are you going to do for your AHR Nicola? are you having a rehearsal dinner before your wedding? 

Nan and Erik forever!!!

#3278 Nicyx

Nicyx
                • 2,914 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 12:16 PM

Hey nan, were having a diner the night before our wedding in Mexico but not a rehearsal as there are only 7 of us going so it wont be neccessary. For AHR, we will put on a buffet, i will cater this myself so were not having a formal meal or anything... just a good old knees up from 7pm until 12.45 :-) I will decorate the room etc, ive been to pay and secure it tonight and have a tour, its going to be fantastic x

Cant wait :-)

#3279 Nan

Nan
                  • 599 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Nicyx 

Hey nan, were having a diner the night before our wedding in Mexico but not a rehearsal as there are only 7 of us going so it wont be neccessary. For AHR, we will put on a buffet, i will cater this myself so were not having a formal meal or anything... just a good old knees up from 7pm until 12.45 :-) I will decorate the room etc, ive been to pay and secure it tonight and have a tour, its going to be fantastic x

Cant wait :-)

SOunds wonderful! How many people are you having at the AHR? tell me more about it. I haven´t planned anything for mine yet. I´m still trying to figure the best for my rehearsal dinner.... who´s going? when are they arriving? when to have it? you know! 

Nan and Erik forever!!!

#3280 Nicyx

Nicyx
                    • 2,914 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 12:11 PM

Hi nan,

We are having our AHR at our local football club function room which is ideal for us as we live not even a 5 min walk away.... so far i have a list of 75 invites to write, in total about 130 adults and around 36 kids.... I have some family & friends coming up the day/night before as i live 6/7 hours drive away from some. I will not go all out with the decorating, i will just do balloons for the tables and favours in my wedding colours (aqua & white). Favours nothing to big, just a wee aqua organza bag with white love heart mints or something like that, I will have a DJ, which i have just booked tonight. I will be ordering a 3 tier sponge wedding cake, plain white icing, i have bought the ribbon to go round it, also i will use the cake topper we have bought for mexico (out initials) and i will be buying some cute little cutters of ebay in the shape of starfish and a palm tree so i can colour some icing myself (light blue) and cut wee star fish etc to put on cake :-) For the buffet i will just do a cold finger buffett... sandwiches, pizza, crisp, salads etc etc.

Im not sure what else i will do if anything... any suggestions????

xx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users