Jump to content

Photo

Any 2011 Brides out there?


  • Please log in to reply
3537 replies to this topic

#261 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
  • Banned
  • 1,034 posts

    Posted 26 February 2010 - 09:42 PM

    Cbj0arder13,
    u can go for an eternity band with small 1-2 ptes diamonds or the Damiani style ring with the diamond set on the rim of the ring. However the bad side of these style is ...they are difficult to resize. Therefore a half eternity with tiny diamonds can be a good option.

    Bonnie

    Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen


    #262 Andy&Cris

    Andy&Cris
    • Banned
    • 16 posts

      Posted 26 February 2010 - 09:48 PM

      I'm getting married on January 8th I hired a wedding planner her name is Andrea Garcia andrea_weddings@hotmail.com she's awesome!!
      In the begining I had a lot of reservations about having my wedding in Rivera Maya, Mexico but you do have access to a lot of the same resources you would have in the USA. As soon as I spoke with Andrea almost 1 year. ago I felt she understood my vision for my wedding. She helped me booking the venues and get a better rate for everything!!All of her vendors are very reputable and work well with each other.
      I'm getting married at Amarte Amarte at Maroma Bay | Mexico Yucatan Peninsula, refering to the travel chanel is one of the most beautiful beach in the world, now Andrea is helping me with everything else she gaved me references of some of her brides and they hightly recommend her,

      Hugs!

      Macsy

      #263 cjb0arder13

      cjb0arder13
      • Jr. Member
      • 310 posts

        Posted 26 February 2010 - 09:56 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by prettypigpig
        Cbj0arder13,
        u can go for an eternity band with small 1-2 ptes diamonds or the Damiani style ring with the diamond set on the rim of the ring. However the bad side of these style is ...they are difficult to resize. Therefore a half eternity with tiny diamonds can be a good option.
        Thanks Bonnie! Now I'm going to have to go look up what a Damiani style is...it sounds pretty!

        You bring up a really good point with the re-sizing. Originally, I wanted an eternity band as my engagement ring (I had "subtley" pointed out what I liked to my fiance) but when he went to go buy my ring, he didn't know my ring size. He really wanted it to be a big surprise, and didn't want to tip it off by asking me, so he went with a half eternity so I could get it re-sized if it didn't fit. I think it's beautiful, so I'm very proud of his mad ring-picking skillz

        #264 cjb0arder13

        cjb0arder13
        • Jr. Member
        • 310 posts

          Posted 26 February 2010 - 09:58 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Andy&Cris
          I'm getting married on January 8th I hired a wedding planner her name is Andrea Garcia andrea_weddings@hotmail.com she's awesome!!
          In the begining I had a lot of reservations about having my wedding in Rivera Maya, Mexico but you do have access to a lot of the same resources you would have in the USA. As soon as I spoke with Andrea almost 1 year. ago I felt she understood my vision for my wedding. She helped me booking the venues and get a better rate for everything!!All of her vendors are very reputable and work well with each other.
          I'm getting married at Amarte Amarte at Maroma Bay | Mexico Yucatan Peninsula, refering to the travel chanel is one of the most beautiful beach in the world, now Andrea is helping me with everything else she gaved me references of some of her brides and they hightly recommend her,

          Hugs!

          Macsy
          Welcome and happy planning!

          #265 AishaB

          AishaB
          • Sr. Member
          • 2,350 posts

            Posted 26 February 2010 - 10:05 PM

            We have set a date for 12/31/2011. We thought it would be great to ring in the New Year as husband and wife. We are considering Mexico or Austin, TX, or as a backup resort South Padre Island. Haven't really done any planning as yet, just starting to get my feet wet in the world of weddings.
            BDW the best place for my TYPE A personality!

            #266 CeeCee76

            CeeCee76
            • Jr. Member
            • 235 posts

              Posted 26 February 2010 - 11:08 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by skadow
              Hi Ladies,

              I have officially booked the Aventure Cove for February 18th 2011 at 4PM. I have also booked Vincent from Del Sol For the night. I am looking at about 40people.

              CANT WAIT!
              Congratulations! Have you sent out STD's?
              ~January 11, 2011~ Sun Palace, Cancun, Mexico~Our wedding review

              #267 mexbride83

              mexbride83
              • Jr. Member
              • 309 posts

                Posted 27 February 2010 - 12:36 AM

                I don't think we'll look at rings for awhile, as our wedding is so far off. But I am concerned about picking one. Because of the style of my engagement ring, I have to have a curved wedding band to have it lie against my engagement ring. However, my ring has a scrolling design on the side that I absolutely love, so I want the wedding band to have the same. The jewelry store said that there is a matching wedding band to go with it, but they don't carry them (they can order it in for me) nor do they have pictures of them. When I search online (it's a Penny Preville ring), I can't find anything about wedding bands! I'm starting to wonder whether they actually do wedding bands, or if the girl at the jewelry store is wrong and they don't. I'm hoping there is one to match it though, because I don't want to take away from the design at all, nor do I want to have a gap between the e-ring and wedding band. Here is what it looks like:
                Click the image to open in full size.

                #268 cjb0arder13

                cjb0arder13
                • Jr. Member
                • 310 posts

                  Posted 27 February 2010 - 12:40 AM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by mexbride83
                  I don't think we'll look at rings for awhile, as our wedding is so far off. But I am concerned about picking one. Because of the style of my engagement ring, I have to have a curved wedding band to have it lie against my engagement ring. However, my ring has a scrolling design on the side that I absolutely love, so I want the wedding band to have the same. The jewelry store said that there is a matching wedding band to go with it, but they don't carry them (they can order it in for me) nor do they have pictures of them. When I search online (it's a Penny Preville ring), I can't find anything about wedding bands! I'm starting to wonder whether they actually do wedding bands, or if the girl at the jewelry store is wrong and they don't. I'm hoping there is one to match it though, because I don't want to take away from the design at all, nor do I want to have a gap between the e-ring and wedding band. Here is what it looks like:
                  Click the image to open in full size.
                  Wow girl! With a ring like that who needs a band?? That is gorgeous!!!

                  #269 bikegirl

                  bikegirl
                  • Banned
                  • 319 posts

                    Posted 27 February 2010 - 12:56 AM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by mexbride83
                    I don't think we'll look at rings for awhile, as our wedding is so far off. But I am concerned about picking one. Because of the style of my engagement ring, I have to have a curved wedding band to have it lie against my engagement ring. However, my ring has a scrolling design on the side that I absolutely love, so I want the wedding band to have the same. The jewelry store said that there is a matching wedding band to go with it, but they don't carry them (they can order it in for me) nor do they have pictures of them. When I search online (it's a Penny Preville ring), I can't find anything about wedding bands! I'm starting to wonder whether they actually do wedding bands, or if the girl at the jewelry store is wrong and they don't. I'm hoping there is one to match it though, because I don't want to take away from the design at all, nor do I want to have a gap between the e-ring and wedding band. Here is what it looks like:
                    Click the image to open in full size.
                    Mexbride83, what about something like this?

                    Click the image to open in full size.

                    Click the image to open in full size.

                    #270 bikegirl

                    bikegirl
                    • Banned
                    • 319 posts

                      Posted 27 February 2010 - 12:58 AM

                      ^ To add, the ring it is for is very similar to your ring:

                      Click the image to open in full size.

                      And here it is with the band:

                      Click the image to open in full size.




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users