• Please log in to reply
3537 replies to this topic

#1881 Lolita29

Lolita29
  • 426 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 04:14 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lindobride14
    Yeah, I grew up right by Midway Airport and FI and I are now liviing in the western suburbs. What part of Chicago are you from?

Yea I'm in the western suburbs too! I'm in Aurora!

#1882 Lindobride14

Lindobride14
    • 279 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 04:46 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Lolita29
      Yea I'm in the western suburbs too! I'm in Aurora!
      I'm in Lisle, That's too funny!!

I'm not sure where you got your dress, but if you need alterations, I just found a great seamstress. She's all the way in Schiller Park (by O'Hare) but she has rave reviews on the knot and all the wedding sites and her prices are great (much better than the bridal salons). Her name is Mary Catomy. If you want her contact info let me know!

#1883 Lolita29

Lolita29
      • 426 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 05:22 PM

Quote:
        I'm in Lisle, That's too funny!!

I'm not sure where you got your dress, but if you need alterations, I just found a great seamstress. She's all the way in Schiller Park (by O'Hare) but she has rave reviews on the knot and all the wedding sites and her prices are great (much better than the bridal salons). Her name is Mary Catomy. If you want her contact info let me know!
        Awesome! I was gonna go to Nick's in Chicago, he's one of the best my brother was telling me. But I'm open to whatever, i just need the bust and hips taken in a little, the length is perfect. What is her price range?

#1884 Lindobride14

Lindobride14
        • 279 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 09:43 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Lolita29
          Awesome! I was gonna go to Nick's in Chicago, he's one of the best my brother was telling me. But I'm open to whatever, i just need the bust and hips taken in a little, the length is perfect. What is her price range?
          She said anywhere from 50-400 depending on the complexity. I need a ton of alterations since it's a sample & the previous seamstress told me it would START at 350!

#1885 Lolita29

Lolita29
          • 426 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 04:17 AM

Quote:
            She said anywhere from 50-400 depending on the complexity. I need a ton of alterations since it's a sample & the previous seamstress told me it would START at 350!
            O wow that is not bad at all! If you can PM me her info that would be great!! I'm all for saving money lol

#1886 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
            • Banned
            • 1,034 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 02:56 PM

yeah..Alternation can cause an arm and a leg. My friend who bought a sample La Sposa dress for $1000, instead of $1700 plus taxes.
              The bridal shop told her that if she wants to change to a lace up back, it will be $100-$200, to add 3 buttons so that she can lift the train for dancing, it will be $20 per button, make it shorter by 1 inch ($200). Ka$hing..Ka$hing...

Bonnie

Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen

#1887 conosur

conosur
              • 20 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 04:37 PM

Hi Nicola,

wow you are traveling all the way from UK to Mexico. How did you decided you wanted to have your wedding there?

#1888 Nicyx

Nicyx
                • 2,914 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 02:09 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by conosur
                  Hi Nicola,

wow you are traveling all the way from UK to Mexico. How did you decided you wanted to have your wedding there?
                  Hey conosur....

To cut a long story short we have ALWAYS wanted to go to Mexico for a holiday but have never quite been able to afford it, and from day one we had always said we wanted to get married abroad, So when it came to choosing a destination there was no competition really.... part way through deciding we did look at other countries (Jamaica, Aruba) which were cheaper than Mexico but as its a once in a life time thing (hopefully,lol) we just thought why not, lets just go where we want to go, not opt for 2 best :-) And there you have it :-)

So Mexico here we come so excited... xox

What about you? What made you choose Cartagena? So how is married life treating you :-)

#1889 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
                  • Banned
                  • 1,034 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 09:43 AM

Finally, I bought my dress and my BMs dresses, it will take 30-45 days to make! Can't wait!

Bonnie

Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen

#1890 michelle2011

michelle2011
                    • 1,301 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 11:43 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by prettypigpig
                      Finally, I bought my dress and my BMs dresses, it will take 30-45 days to make! Can't wait!
                      YAH Congrats! Have you got pictures? Would love to see them.... how exciting!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users