Jump to content

Photo

Any 2011 Brides out there?


  • Please log in to reply
3537 replies to this topic

#1831 Nicyx

Nicyx
  • Sr. Member
  • 2,914 posts

    Posted 28 May 2010 - 04:55 PM

    im having awful trouble accessing this site today :-( cant read pervious pages on this or any thread.....and it takes like 20 mins for the thread to open... is it just me? :-(

    xox

    #1832 cjb0arder13

    cjb0arder13
    • Jr. Member
    • 310 posts

      Posted 28 May 2010 - 04:56 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by prettypigpig
      hahahaha..Size 14 isn't oversized (average size for women in US is 14), but it will look "oversized" next to a no chest bamboo stick. It is all relative. Ok..I removed the "oversized"..heehee
      Sometimes I wish I can have a bigger...errr..top half! ....LOL
      Hehe no offense taken. I usually feel pretty darn good about myself until I catch a glimpse of me next to a size zero girl But then again, I'm 5'9" so I generally feel like Shrek...most women are shorter than me too!

      #1833 klc52379

      klc52379
      • Newbie
      • 48 posts

        Posted 28 May 2010 - 09:47 PM

        I'm with both of you! I love the Shanghai one!

        #1834 prettypigpig

        prettypigpig
        • Banned
        • 1,034 posts

          Posted 29 May 2010 - 12:41 AM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by cjb0arder13
          Hehe no offense taken. I usually feel pretty darn good about myself until I catch a glimpse of me next to a size zero girl But then again, I'm 5'9" so I generally feel like Shrek...most women are shorter than me too!
          Geez...no wonder...I would love to be 5ft9 and large top half! If I am 5ft9 with a decent top half...I can fit in a mermaid...a halter top...trust me..a sweet heart and halter top are like a dream for a size zero girl..because i can never look good in these styles....sigh...

          Bonnie

          Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen


          #1835 Mischaka

          Mischaka
          • Member
          • 969 posts

            Posted 29 May 2010 - 07:26 AM

            Is it normal to be a little nervous about the resort you picked I don't know why but i'm starting to get a little nervous. Only because, honestly I've never traveled to Mexico and I am starting to second guess my choice as far as being, how can I put this...."racially friendly". lol I've been reading that the resort has a lot of European visitors. So I would hate to have my friends and family be uncomfortable because we are not treated fairly. I actually haven't said anything to anyone else about this. But i'm really feeling nervous about it.

            #1836 josietoms

            josietoms
            • Member
            • 765 posts

              Posted 29 May 2010 - 08:16 AM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Mischaka
              Is it normal to be a little nervous about the resort you picked I don't know why but i'm starting to get a little nervous. Only because, honestly I've never traveled to Mexico and I am starting to second guess my choice as far as being, how can I put this...."racially friendly". lol I've been reading that the resort has a lot of European visitors. So I would hate to have my friends and family be uncomfortable because we are not treated fairly. I actually haven't said anything to anyone else about this. But i'm really feeling nervous about it.
              I dont quite understand what you mean sorry - with regards to European being at your hotel - dont worry we are ok :-)
              Put the boot on the other foot when us UK brides comes to Mexico we feel outnumbered by Americans and Canadians but everyone is at the hotel for the same reason - for a holiday and to have fun.
              Josie x

              #1837 barbiegirl_27

              barbiegirl_27
              • Member
              • 946 posts

                Posted 29 May 2010 - 09:33 AM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by roxmysockz
                Yipee!! hope you love this one!! xx
                Thanks Kerry!
                I do love it.....I wasn't able to get pics last night, and now my sis-in-law is gone on holiday for a month...will try again when she gets back!

                #1838 prettypigpig

                prettypigpig
                • Banned
                • 1,034 posts

                  Posted 29 May 2010 - 10:17 AM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Mischaka
                  Is it normal to be a little nervous about the resort you picked I don't know why but i'm starting to get a little nervous. Only because, honestly I've never traveled to Mexico and I am starting to second guess my choice as far as being, how can I put this...."racially friendly". lol I've been reading that the resort has a lot of European visitors. So I would hate to have my friends and family be uncomfortable because we are not treated fairly. I actually haven't said anything to anyone else about this. But i'm really feeling nervous about it.
                  Mischaka,
                  Don't worried, Mexicans are very racial friendly and treat every guest with great service and smile. I've been to Cuba, where Americans' can't go, so there were all Cubans, UK folks, French folks, the rest of Europeans, Canadians and French Canadians. People got along fine, and no racial issue there. Last time, I went to Mayan Riviera, me and my best friend met several black families, 1 group of italians (always drunk), a lot of UK folks (very cool and some were smashed as well), the pair of constantly "picky" French, a bunch of French and non-French Canadians...everyone seemed to be very happy and had a great time!

                  Bonnie

                  Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen


                  #1839 Nicyx

                  Nicyx
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 2,914 posts

                    Posted 29 May 2010 - 10:59 AM

                    Not been on properly the last few days as ive not been able to read threads properly etc... so a few pages to catch up... its all going on :-)

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by josietoms
                    When you mentioned a year today - i thought 'only a year thats great' - then pooped my pants as realised mine is 8 months away!!!!

                    Good to hear you are getting some better prices - are you looking to move it forward or back?
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by cjb0arder13
                    This made me laugh out loud.

                    And I'm so with you...on Monday, we'll be exactly 8 months away...time is flying! Gotta lose that last 20 pounds!
                    Well we are being messed around a bit at the mo. None of the TA's know what they are doing. Absolutely useless idiots. We have been given good prices flying on 24th May with TCook from Caribbean Warehouse. But we were originally told the flights were on the 22nd. (fits in perfect with the wedding on 28th) now they are saying they may have made a mistake and the flights might be on the 22nd after all! Arrrrgghhh - we are having a nightmare! cosmos have even advertised 24th flights on their website and are unsure when they actually are. So we are now waiting for confirmation when we can ACTUALLY fly! Vent over, lol.......
                    Cosmos seem really disorganised!!! OMG, hopefully after allthis messing you are going to get the dates you want.... its just one more stress you dont need at the moment!!! Wish they would just get it right for you :-)

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by barbiegirl_27
                    Just wanted to share that I received my wedding dress last night (bought off oncewed.com)....my sis-in-law is coming over hopefully tonight and we'll try to take some pics, although the dress is quite a bit too bit at the moment! I'm going to wait till the end of the year to get it altered!
                    Oooooo... Cant wait to see..... Wish we didnt have to wait a month!! :-) Glad you love this one though :-)

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Lindobride14
                    Hi lovely ladies, it's been a busy week . . . totally been MIA. I haven't gotten through all the pages of catch up yet. I accidentally posted this in the other 2011 thread LOL

                    First off, Josie, I cannot believe we are at the 8 month mark! Holy Cannoli, I need to get my butt in motion :)

                    So we mailed out the STD's on Tuesday (finally)
                    Is it normal to be a little nervous about the resort you picked
                    I dont quite understand what you mean sorry - with regards to European being at your hotel - dont worry we are ok :-)
                    Put the boot on the other foot when us UK brides comes to Mexico we feel outnumbered by Americans and Canadians but everyone is at the hotel for the same reason - for a holiday and to have fun.
                    What Josie says :-) xoxo

                    #1840 Mischaka

                    Mischaka
                    • Member
                    • 969 posts

                      Posted 29 May 2010 - 11:13 AM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by josietoms
                      I dont quite understand what you mean sorry - with regards to European being at your hotel - dont worry we are ok :-)
                      Put the boot on the other foot when us UK brides comes to Mexico we feel outnumbered by Americans and Canadians but everyone is at the hotel for the same reason - for a holiday and to have fun.
                      mine will be at the Playa Maroma. I know a couple that went to the RM and i'm sure everything is fine there. but I don't know anyone who I can ask that has been at the PM to confirm anything. I think i'm just being paranoid.

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by prettypigpig
                      Mischaka,
                      Don't worried, Mexicans are very racial friendly and treat every guest with great service and smile. I've been to Cuba, where Americans' can't go, so there were all Cubans, UK folks, French folks, the rest of Europeans, Canadians and French Canadians. People got along fine, and no racial issue there. Last time, I went to Mayan Riviera, me and my best friend met several black families, 1 group of italians (always drunk), a lot of UK folks (very cool and some were smashed as well), the pair of constantly "picky" French, a bunch of French and non-French Canadians...everyone seemed to be very happy and had a great time!

                      Thanks alot!! I'm sure people will be nice I just didn't or don't want to feel out of place. This is what I need to hear though.




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users