Photo

Any 2011 Brides out there?

• Please log in to reply
3537 replies to this topic

#1821 roxmysockz

roxmysockz
  • 418 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 12:59 PM

Im still looking for bridesmaid dresses - my BM's are polar opposites! One is skinny as a rake (size 6 or smaller) with no chest (she's 15) the other is the same age as me hugeee boobs and is a size 14. I want matching dresses so its gonna be interesting to find one that suits both!

#1822 barbiegirl_27

barbiegirl_27
    • 946 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 01:09 PM

Just wanted to share that I received my wedding dress last night (bought off oncewed.com)....my sis-in-law is coming over hopefully tonight and we'll try to take some pics, although the dress is quite a bit too bit at the moment! I'm going to wait till the end of the year to get it altered!

#1823 roxmysockz

roxmysockz
      • 418 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 01:11 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by barbiegirl_27
        Just wanted to share that I received my wedding dress last night (bought off oncewed.com)....my sis-in-law is coming over hopefully tonight and we'll try to take some pics, although the dress is quite a bit too bit at the moment! I'm going to wait till the end of the year to get it altered!
        Yipee!! hope you love this one!! xx

#1824 Lindobride14

Lindobride14
        • 279 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 03:22 PM

Hi lovely ladies, it's been a busy week . . . totally been MIA. I haven't gotten through all the pages of catch up yet. I accidentally posted this in the other 2011 thread LOL

First off, Josie, I cannot believe we are at the 8 month mark! Holy Cannoli, I need to get my butt in motion :)

So we mailed out the STD's on Tuesday (finally) I am glad that labor of love is over.

My new obsession these past few days is looking at invitations! Funny how the mind will always find a way to busy itself, huh?

Nicola- your invitations are lovely, by the way. I am so impressed that you did them completely DIY. I did my STD's only partially DIY & it took ages! Two of my BMs and I worked on them for over five hours last Saturday night!! They are angels for that. I supplied the alcohol though to make it a little more bearable!

Back to my quest to find the perfect invitation.

Here's the three I like best. They are all from White Aisle, which has such beautiful invitations if anyone is looking.

Which do you all like the best? I'm torn!

I LOVE this one, but don't know if it looks Mexican enough. It's called Shanghai, but doesn't really look Asian to me. (these are the actual colors we are doing, hot pink and coral)
          Shanghai Wedding invitation

This is the Venice:
          Lace Invitation, Vintage Lace Design Wedding Invitation, Venetian Lace

And last but not least, Mexico!
          Mexico Wedding invitation

Although the Mexico is probably the most fitting, there is something about Shanghai that I just love!

Mexbride -- I saw your post of your BM dresses & bouquet and love the color combo! I thought of you when I saw the Mexico invitation because I think it would look fantastic in light blue & hot pink. :)

#1825 Soon-to-be-McRae

Soon-to-be-McRae
          • 157 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 04:05 PM

Thank you for adding me to the list Nicyx

#1826 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
            • Banned
            • 1,034 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 04:26 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by roxmysockz
              Im still looking for bridesmaid dresses - my BM's are polar opposites! One is skinny as a rake (size 6 or smaller) with no chest (she's 15) the other is the same age as me hugeee boobs and is a size 14. I want matching dresses so its gonna be interesting to find one that suits both!
              Maybe, different style of dress, but in same color will help in this situation.
              It is hard to find a style that would look great on a rake and on an hourglass at the same time.

Bonnie

Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen

#1827 cjb0arder13

cjb0arder13
              • 310 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 04:33 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Lindobride14

Although the Mexico is probably the most fitting, there is something about Shanghai that I just love!

Yup, I am with you...I LOVE Shanghai! So pretty, and exotic. The other two are pretty as well, but this one just jumps out at me!

#1828 cjb0arder13

cjb0arder13
                • 310 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 04:34 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by prettypigpig
                  Maybe, different style of dress, but in same color will help in this situation.
                  It is hard to find a style that would look great on a rake and on an oversized hourglass at the same time.
                  Ahem...I (was) a size 14, with a large..er...top half, and I wouldn't call myself "oversized". Just sayin'...

#1829 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
                  • Banned
                  • 1,034 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 04:38 PM

Lindobride,
                    I like Shanghai (not too asian), because it is very festive and subtile. Mexico one is nice too, but it looks a bit generic, like those pre-print invites from Martha Stewart or Vera Wang.

Bonnie

#1830 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
                    • Banned
                    • 1,034 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 04:45 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by cjb0arder13
                      Ahem...I (was) a size 14, with a large..er...top half, and I wouldn't call myself "oversized". Just sayin'...
                      hahahaha..Size 14 isn't oversized (average size for women in US is 14), but it will look "oversized" next to a no chest bamboo stick. It is all relative. Ok..I removed the "oversized"..heehee
                      Sometimes I wish I can have a bigger...errr..top half! ....LOL

Bonnie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users