Any 2011 Brides out there?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxmysockz View Post
RaychelRae i think you should share that also! I'd love to see if you didnt mind x
Due to a couple requests, I've attached my photographer comparison excel sheet I made. I knew how overwhelmed I was when I started looking for a photographer so in hopes that it will give even the slightest bit of direction to those just starting out, here it is.

FIRST OF ALL....I feel the need to post a sort of disclaimer, especially since many of the photographers listed are on this forum.

*Please keep in mind that it has been about 6 months since I received this info from these photographers, so if they have higher prices than I have listed here, please don't harass them via email about it their jump in prices!

*Please keep in mind that this spreadsheet was focused on what I was looking for in a photographer and is in no way meant to highlight or degrade any of these photographers in a harsh way. My pros and cons were based on what I (and I alone) was looking for in a photographer.

*If you are interested in any of the photographers in the slightest bit, please also contact them yourselves to inquire about other perks they offer that I just may not have been interested in for my personal use. Give them a chance to sell themselves because they all are really great, which is why I was looking at them in the first place.

*This is what I alone was looking for in a photographer, and what I based my pros and cons on. Some brides may find my pros to actually be cons, and vice versa...
  1. Want unlimited shooting
  2. Want digital proofs
  3. Want an exotic TTD session
  4. Don't really care about prints/albums offered
  5. Want to stay around $3,000-$3,500
  6. Want "fashiony" photojournalism style
  7. Don't really care about video

Photographer Comparisons.xls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linhy View Post
Thanks Nicyx & Tifuhhknee for the great advice! I think.. this wedding planning is starting to take over.. where it gets to the point that its for the people then rather what I want. I want to stay at the dreams in rivera maya really badly.. and get married under the hut.. at this point I don't care who comes or not. Because really.. down to it.. its my and my fiance. UGH.. why can't men see that sometimes. maybe once prices come out and the price looks decent enough I'll just book it without discussing with him. haha
It must be a guy thing. FI said he is glad I am handling the "wedding stuff" because the negative things people say roll off my back and I will still do what we planned. He, on the other hand, would try to fit the wants, needs, and complaints of every little person. I've learned to smile and say "that's just not the way we want our wedding" and people have learned to leave it alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaychelRae View Post
Due to a couple requests, I've attached my photographer comparison excel sheet I made. I knew how overwhelmed I was when I started looking for a photographer so in hopes that it will give even the slightest bit of direction to those just starting out, here it is.

FIRST OF ALL....I feel the need to post a sort of disclaimer, especially since many of the photographers listed are on this forum.

*Please keep in mind that it has been about 6 months since I received this info from these photographers, so if they have higher prices than I have listed here, please don't harass them via email about it their jump in prices!

*Please keep in mind that this spreadsheet was focused on what I was looking for in a photographer and is in no way meant to highlight or degrade any of these photographers in a harsh way. My pros and cons were based on what I (and I alone) was looking for in a photographer.

*If you are interested in any of the photographers in the slightest bit, please also contact them yourselves to inquire about other perks they offer that I just may not have been interested in for my personal use. Give them a chance to sell themselves because they all are really great, which is why I was looking at them in the first place.

*This is what I alone was looking for in a photographer, and what I based my pros and cons on. Some brides may find my pros to actually be cons, and vice versa...
  1. Want unlimited shooting
  2. Want digital proofs
  3. Want an exotic TTD session
  4. Don't really care about prints/albums offered
  5. Want to stay around $3,000-$3,500
  6. Want "fashiony" photojournalism style
  7. Don't really care about video
VERY awesome of you to post this for everyone. I saved all of the emails I received back from photographers with quotes. It just ended up that I am going to book someone for strictly getting ready, ceremony, and group shots because my parents just made a miracle happen and my sister will get to come and be one of my MOHs. She is a professional photographer, so I'll pay her to do cool stuff for us :o) Tried paying a friend's way to come do all the pics, but she just got pregnant and her husband said no anyway before she found out about the new baby on the way. So she is doing our AHR for $300.

I've rambled, sorry, do that a lot! ANYWAY
focus.gif
My link to my planning thread in my siggy goes to a blog where I keep things I like that I've come across, and I do have a page with photographers listed. It is not all of them I contacted and not all they have to offer. Just the info I personally was looking at. I fell in LOVE with Sascha Gluck's work and he is very affordable, but I can't book him because I need my images before I leave Mexico (sigh).

Gosh, I haven't been on for a few days and I've missed out! On the topic of feeling guilty about cost for those coming to the wedding - I'm so glad others are having this issue. This is my biggest struggle. I'm torn between the AI's because I think they are a lot of fun for those coming down to really relax and make a full blown vacation out of it. At the same time, I know that for some it might be a little more than they would like to spend. We will most likely have a larger group coming down (150ish - FI has a LARGE family) so its going to be hard to please everyone. Ages will range from 11 to FI's 76 year old grandfather! We've decided to try to do our ceremony/reception at a beach club that way lodging isn't (*hopefully*) an issue. People can rent condos, stay at the smaller hotels in Playa or stay at an AI. It stinks that everyone probably won't be at the same resort but with such a large/diverse group I think its unavoidable. sad.gif

Hi girlies!

RaychelRae - Thanks for sharing! I'm sure your info will help so many brides. Making decisions is so hard and all the little things ppl are doing are really helping all of us! Thanks

We may have to go with the hotel photographer as coming from the UK and staying at the Palace for 2weeks with family and friends is an expense already. Until the flight prices come out i really wont know if any other photographer will be in our budget!

Nicyx - She's emailed back today to say sorry for the confusion but YES the date is "on hold" for us. We now need those flights out to confirm our date and booking otherwise we will loose it :o( They will "hold" the date for 2months so fingers x'd by end of April we will be booked up! I'm trying not to get to hooked up on it all and stress myself so i am trying to think in a way that ok if we loose that date we will still be going to Mexico and getting married within the 2 weeks so are flexible and it's not the end of the world. Maybe i'm just to eager! 28th May 2011 would just make it perfection for us :o)

Riri09 - wow you have a big group going. Lucky you!

Tiffuhhknee - how cool having your sister do some of your photos :o)

Tifuhhknee, that is great news about your sister. I hope a miracle happens and my sister can come also.

We haven't had too many people express their disappointment in our having a destination wedding. I'm sure once we get the STD's out we will hear more complaints. I'm still hoping that its still very small with only 10 people coming.

For all the winter brides, when are you doing your AHR?